Twitter: Jaycee Horn to Cowboys: I'm the best cornerback in this draft

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I saw a DB ranking from Josh Edwards at CBS who had Horn the 5th ranked DB. Surtain was 1. Farley, Newsome, S Moehrig then Horn? Interesting since most have Horn as the clear cut #2.
I'm not sure where he should rank but I agree that Surtain's resume is clearly better than Horn.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I saw a DB ranking from Josh Edwards at CBS who had Horn the 5th ranked DB. Surtain was 1. Farley, Newsome, S Moehrig then Horn? Interesting since most have Horn as the clear cut #2.

Well, not sure of what article you may have read or when it was written but if it's the same Josh Edwards I'm thinking of, that guy is a talking head. He doesn't have any real Football Background that I know of. I don't think it's a big deal. The team probably has one they like better I'm guessing.

Texasfootball21

Reaction score
I'll go with the prospect from Bama, as a matter a fact I would draft as many players from the National Champs as possible. These players are more on a pro level coming right out of the gate. Imo

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Horn

6' 1" 205 pounds

4.37 40 yard time

19 reps @ 225

College stats: 101 tackles 23 PD's 2 FF's 3 Sacks 2 FF's 2 INT's

Surtain II

6' 2" 208 pounds

4.46 40 yard time

18 reps @ 225

College stats: 111 tackles 25 PD's 4 FF's 4 INT's 1 TD

Reaction score
Give me the better athlete. Technique can be taught. Physical ability cannot.

It looks like they are pretty close athletically though

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hey Jaycee? Google yourself & you'll see your not #1 on every NFL website.

"Patrick Surtain, Alabama, 6-foot-2, 208 pounds (first): It’s fitting that Surtain, once the top cornerback recruit in the country, now is the top player at his position in this year’s draft class." BOOM!

vicjagger

Reaction score
Of course, this was interpreted because no one could understand him.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Surtain is very good but he is probably who he is going to be. I think Horn has more athleticism, and more growth potential IF he receives proper coaching.

Havic

Reaction score
Someone on these boards said Surtain reminded them alot of Byron Jones and I tend to agree. Horn has the higher ceiling but he could be a PI Magnet.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
McCarthy was the Offensive Coordinator for the Saints when Joe Horn was named to 4 Pro Bowls.

Does this say anything? No, but there sure is some connection with the coach and the Horn family.