Twitter: Jaycee Horn to Cowboys: I'm the best cornerback in this draft

CWR

Reaction score
These are the moments that are making me feel old. When players I used to watch now have kids playing/entering the NFL. :laugh:

Man Horn was on my fantasy squad a couple times. I cant believe it has been that long. Lol

CWR

Reaction score
Did he mean that there is night and day difference between how Horn and Surtain compete taking a shot at Surtain or did he mean that Horn and Surtain

Did he take a shot at Surtain’s competitiveness?

Tough to tell. He was complimentary of Surtain so maybe he meant they seperate from the class. Or maybe it is what it is, and he's saying Surtain doesn't compete like him. Either way he came off well and left a favorable impression.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I like Horn's personality. However, it's worth noting that his style leads to him being really handsy with the guys he covers. Watch some of his tape, lots of grabs, a lot unnecessary, he won't get away with in the NFL.

If he's coachable he might just be right that he ends up having the most upside.
* Ya know ? While you can't keep from not liking the guy, but there was just some kinda' odd vibe of misfortune/ I dare not say 'bad luck' I was picking up on while watching that video conference call( I don't know how else to put it pen to paper other than not being 100% all in on him , simply because of the odd feeling)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That's what Morris Claiborne said too!

Morris Claiborne was slow as molasses. I mean, you could see it at LSU. He had other shortcomings as well but lets just say that his shortcomings were pretty easy to see IMO. I, to this day, do not know why we took that guy.

Never understood it.

Knotamus

Reaction score
Dallas needs more defenders with an attitude. This guy is a dawg. I would approve him being drafted.
I agree. As much as fans state how weak our defense is.. are defense is lacking attitude more than it’s lacking talent.

Horn would definitely bring the attitude. Which I find a little funny bc his Dad, Joe Horn, was a WR. I’m sure daddy let Jaycee know how important it was to “get in the heads” of his opponents.

Side note: for those worried ab the PI’s and grabby hands.. I remember how “Handsy” the Seattle defense was in their Legion of Boom days. I would scream at my TV for a flag. But Richard Sherman explained, he would always ask the Refs before the game what they would be looking for (penalty wise) and still play aggressive. He said, they wouldn’t call penalties on every play and you had to be smart ab it. Point is... in today’s NFL where the rules favor the offense, CBs are shorting themselves if they aren’t pushing the limits on possible calls.

The biggest thing I love ab Horn outside his attitude and aggressiveness.. is his play in the Redzone, exp against fades and jump balls. He was spectacular.

btw.. I feel like Surtain may be gone by 10 anyways. There’s too many teams looking for CBs in this draft. Surtain is definitely the more well-rounded of the bunch.. I’ll give him that. But Horn isn’t that far behind him and his attitude is what some teams will covet for the CB position

Last edited: