Twitter: Jaylon can do the job

aikemirv

Reaction score
Unless you knew the scheme and what you were looking at, you wouldn't know , now would you?

Assignment or not you can see with your half blind eye that he can't read a play to save his life. He goes with the motion of the offense EVERY time with no care of possible misdirection.

That looks like a player that spends no time in the film room studying the opponent.

He is just terrible most of the time!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just pointing out assists to me is just like looking at tackles, unless you know the context of the play it's hard to diagnose if that's a good or bad stat.
Agree to an extent, unless you take the time to go review, the all 22.
Not just on Jaylon, it applies to all players in this game.
Take a second look if your not sure,, Ive been fooled a thousand times, until I really started slowing down the game tape, and actually watching a player, a playa.
Im not saying Im a talent guru by no means, Im just saying after watching this traffic jam for as long as I have been watching,, this is a serious traffic jam taking place on this roster.

817Gill

Reaction score
Though Jaylon has been bad overall the last two years, he’s had a few individual games where he looks like the guy we want him to be. That Giants game and the Skins game at the end of 2019 come to mind as games he was all over the field and reminded me of 2018 Jaylon.

If he can lower his snap count and responsibilities then maybe he can regain some consistency. Unless he plays like that for 16 games he’s going to be heavily criticized.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Well you have that almost right Cern,, but our complete LB starting ranks are highly injury prone that has been invested in at this point somewhat.
Decision

No sir Dre... assists are nothing comparable to solo tackles, I can not agree with you on that.
Devin White led the league with 97 solos with 15 TFLs and 45 assists
Roquan Smith 99 - 17 - 38
Zach Cunningham 99 - 6 - 53
Joe Schobert 80 -6 - 52
Blake Martinez 80 - 8 - 59
Jaylon is next up actually with 80 - 5 - 65
Which isnt really as bad as most make out,, its just bad when looking at production and leading the league in "assists" when comparing similar production vs similar contract vs cap.

And it is bad when you look at how much he was on the field. Dallas was 2nd in rushing attempts against as well, so that means he has that many more opportuinties to get a tackle. Combine that with his percentage of snaps on the field as a whole!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
And it is bad when you look at how much he was on the field. Dallas was 2nd in rushing attempts against as well, so that means he has that many more opportuinties to get a tackle. Combine that with his percentage of snaps on the field as a whole!
Well you see it, hello, congrats,,, Im not trying to make fun of anyone,,, and I understand why some cant see failure.
Its failure at an elite level,, as fans we do not wont to recognize this.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Your rep has been in the toilet for years

your still smarting from Garrett. Just lost the Zeke love fest also.

the entire board is laughing in your face on this thread. Like always.

CWR

Reaction score
That's the question

I want to believe after 2018, but Im at the point his negative plays are too costly to make up for the good plays. Id rather have a guy who just makes his assignments and is consistent, even if that means we don't get the flash plays. Hopefully our new coordinator plays him in a role he can thrive in.

Dre11

Reaction score
He sucks period. The fact that you thinks he’s great is confirmation of that.

Again your ignorance shows bright, I never said he was great or think he was great, I actually said he was bad this year, but you and your ignorance just glanced right by that

Dre11

Reaction score
your still smarting from Garrett. Just lost the Zeke love fest also.

the entire board is laughing in your face on this thread. Like always.

You're the only one talking about Garrett, I guess he must've rejected you in some fashion, since you got such a crush on him. As far as Zeke, he's still the starting RB of the Dallas Cowboys , you hate to see it.

Dre11

Reaction score
I want to believe after 2018, but Im at the point his negative plays are too costly to make up for the good plays. Id rather have a guy who just makes his assignments and is consistent, even if that means we don't get the flash plays. Hopefully our new coordinator plays him in a role he can thrive in.

We shall see. Going back to a defense more familiar will be better for everyone on the defense.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My wife would disagree about it not taking a team effort to help......hell, she threatened to put a night light in the damn bowl if it meant improving my aim.
I get called a sissy...but sitting down to pee at night and when having a few drinks has VASTLY improved my aim and my life. :D:thumbup:

Dre11

Reaction score
“Either way, the deal is just starting and runs from 2021-25. But only $19 million of that money was guaranteed and Smith has been given half of it, so there is actually a scenario in which the Cowboys could already walk away if they wanted. His 2021 cap number is $9.8 million, but he has only a $9.4 guarantee remaining; if the Cowboys designate him a June 1st release, the team would actually only owe him $2.4 million against the 2021 cap and would actually save $7.2 million for the year. He does have a clause that this must be done by the fifth day of the league year (usually mid-March) or his deal guarantees for the year, so they should probably have serious discussions posthaste. It would certainly seem incredibly odd to release a player before his contract technically begins, but it would also be odd to keep someone only because you apparently made a mistake.”

He also said he would keep him in 2021.

Dre11

Reaction score
a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. A clock is right twice a day. Any one of us on the zone could make one good play out of 300-400 snaps eventually. He’s still a joke that needs to be cut.

You are a blind squirrel if you think he made 1 play

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
98% of the plays? Plenty of film to find good and bad plays. His fans will look at the good and his haters will look at the bad.
Since he's not going anywhere, ill hope that the new staff can get him right again. He has plenty of talent. Needs a good interior lineman to keep the OL off of him and LVE
The problem is that his bad is mental errors, and there's way too many of them.

He has terrible eyes. It doesn't matter if he's blocked or not.

LittleD

Reaction score
Well, like it or not, the guy will likely be in the starting lineup next fall. We simply can't replace everybody, and a starter who doesn't get hurt will probably end up on the field.

Like the rest of you, I don't think he's good. We all know he's not turned out like we wanted. But the amount of hate he gets is definitely overboard. LVE is even more unreliable and doesn't get anywhere near the vitriol.

He's a Jerry starter...not a real NFL starter. Sorry, but the guy can't play, is a liability to the defense, and won't get any better.