Twitter: Jaylon can do the job

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Dre11, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,072 Messages
    7,395 Likes Received
    He played poorly in 2019?

[​IMG]
    Dallas Sports Fanatic

The annual NFL Top 100 list is halfway completed with numbers 50-41 being released Monday evening. Several Dallas Cowboys have already had their name called – with a few dropping several spots from their 2018 ranking.

The first Dallas Cowboy recognized on the top 100 list was Jaylon Smith at number 88.

After missing the 2016 season while he recovered from his ACL tear, Smith played in all 16 games in 2017 but started just six of those games. The past two years, though, Smith has started every game for Dallas. The 2019 season was by far Smith’s best, though.

This past year, Smith recorded career-highs in tackles (142), solo tackles (83), interceptions (1) and passes defended (9). He also tied his career-highs in forced fumbles (2) and fumbles recovered (1). It appears that the risk paid off for Dallas

2. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Well-Known Member

32,916 Messages
    21,582 Likes Received
    None of this stuff is difficult. You could tell guys like Romo and Dak were going to be great QB's from the beginning. You could tell Garrett sucked at coaching early on.

I have never understood why most of this stuff is so difficult for most fans.

BBGTYCOON likes this.
  3. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

17,297 Messages
    26,350 Likes Received
    Not sure what this supposed to prove?

You could post his 2020 stats and they’d look impressive.

Sturm himself acknowledged himself that Jaylon’s play dipped in 2019. Staring at stats on a screen doesn’t tell the story.

Some of his 2019 hijinks:
    https://cowboyszone.com/threads/jaylon-linebacking-hijinks.458428/

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  4. BBGTYCOON

BBGTYCOON Active Member

299 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    #54 is highly adept at swiping, grinning, not putting on his helmet backwards (surprising), and redefining the LB position with the finesse of a synchronized swimmer.

5. BBGTYCOON

BBGTYCOON Active Member

299 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    Both QB's were/are really good but not great.

6. black label

black label Well-Known Member

4,374 Messages
    6,930 Likes Received
    Get this turd out

7. CowboyRoy

32,916 Messages
    21,582 Likes Received
    All depends on what your definition of great is. I had Romo in the 2nd tier............5-10. Thats where I have Dak at the moment. To me those are great QB's. Not great all time, but better than good and definitely good enough to win titles with a legitimate team.

Both Romo and Dak never had that and up to this point, have never had competent coaching.

fivetwos, Jipper and BBGTYCOON like this.
  8. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

6,434 Messages
    10,276 Likes Received
    i have to agree on romo....in his era his was behind Brady, brees, Rodgers, Peyton....there are a few more you could argue that we’re also ahead so 5-10 is spot on.

Dak is an interesting one....he’s still in that high single digit range but with a few of the older qbs leaving and his play hopefully taking the next step I could see him get to top 3....will he ever be mahmomes? No...but he should be up there

9. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

11,072 Messages
    7,395 Likes Received
    It dipped sure, but he wasn't bad as you try to portray. He was bad this past season.

10. cern

cern Well-Known Member

14,900 Messages
    21,050 Likes Received
    My objection to jaylon is he was seriously damaged goods and wouldn't play for a full year. Our defense stank at that time and couldn't afford the luxury of a red shirt pick.

11. CowboyRoy

32,916 Messages
    21,582 Likes Received
    What next step? Dak was leading the #1 offense and averaging like 400 yards a game and 3 TD's. Offense was averaging 37 points a game.

12. CowboyRoy

32,916 Messages
    21,582 Likes Received
    I agree. Another boneheaded pick

13. fivetwos

fivetwos Well-Known Member

8,497 Messages
    9,904 Likes Received
    Exactly right.

People want him to also be in the 5-10 range as far as pay as a result.

Doesn't work that way.

He is good enough to try to attempt to win with.

No one should want to blow up this roster at this point and whoever does is going to be disappointed.

Dak Prescott isn't even close to the biggest problem in the organization right now.

14. blueblood70

blueblood70 Well-Known Member

16,624 Messages
    11,735 Likes Received
    a lot of so called super football 101 iq experts do NOT KNOW SQUAT.

out of 53 players we had for 2020 how many played GREAT , GOOD. or even average especially on defense? theres holes all over that defense that could make players look bad playing with them..the entire coaching staff got fired pretty ,much because most likely the scheme never fit, far too many injuries', and many FA that were supposed to start got cut or traded..

so no way you can judge player off this season..same ridiculous narratives from the same tired fans that want every player that got big deal gone keep chirping like experts,

let me tell you a secret,

you are not smarter then the coaches and staff they have over there and they will get it figured out..your input means less then squat..

so keep calling for firings, trades, and cuts as if you know something that a Pro staffs aren't aware of but it will lead to nothing but internet ramblings.

off the soap box

going to be long off season and for those that want JS gone you will not be happy,.

15. Jipper

Jipper Well-Known Member

6,434 Messages
    10,276 Likes Received
    he’s got work to do in pocket presence, getting off to a stronger start earlier, also knowing when to run and improving reading the defense both pre snap and during the play...

the guy is great but he still has a lot of room to improve his play

16. CowboyRoy

32,916 Messages
    21,582 Likes Received
    He is never going to be Mahomes. Pocket presence he has improved. Taking off, I agree there. Stronger starts I dont agree with.

Early in the year, they were still trying to pound Zeke and it simply wasnt working and it hurt the offense. Then there were the early fumbles with zeke. Expecting a QB to be perfect is ridiculous. Bottom line is the defense simply caved early and often in games and the Cowboys fell behind big time. That was to do with the defense, not the offense. More to an offense then just a QB. I didnt see many instances where Dak just wasnt good all on his own early in games.

I dont see reading a defense as a problem. Not sure where that comes from. Again, I think its just nit picking.

Room to improve always, but thats any QB. I see Dak as the best player on the team and the most important asset to the team. He should be the LAST thing anyone talks about negative when it comes to the Cowboys.

17. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

11,743 Messages
    6,881 Likes Received
    Jaylon can do the job....of Rowdy.

BBGTYCOON likes this.
  18. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

6,050 Messages
    7,407 Likes Received
    Despite terrible coaching and schemes Jaylon has already been our most consistent and productive defensive player for the last 2 seasons.

19. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

11,525 Messages
    5,756 Likes Received
    Jaylon Smith can do a lot of things well.....playing football is not one them.

BBGTYCOON likes this.