Video: Jaylon Smith 88 of top 100

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Jaylon plays linebacker as if he's competing in a timed event, get to the ball as fast as you can while avoiding all contact, because contact is a five-second penalty added to your time. I get that his game is not physical and he'd rather not take on anyone square, but damn, pick a shoulder and attack.

aria

Reaction score
Lol. Awesome. I like malted chocolate ice cream. Is that cool enough?
There was a place in Austin, TX that made amazing malted shakes.
Sandra's? Sandy's? I haven't been there in so long...

Anyways, they made the best and had no inside dining so you'd have to wait in line outside to get what you want and either wander back to your vehicle, or sip up that malt before it turned into summer heated goo.

Good burgers too.

It was on Riverside, near downtown.
Oh you disappoint me my fellow 90’s Austinite. It was on Barton Springs but close to Riverside. And yes, it is Sandy’s.

EST_1986

Reaction score
He’s #1 out of 100 in celebrating injuries or a tackle after 5 yrds...and being run out of a play. He’s awesome.
giphy.gif

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Oh you disappoint me my fellow 90’s Austinite. It was on Barton Springs but close to Riverside. And yes, it is Sandy’s.
True. Thank you. I went to many a show at the whatever it was right there.
Dog shows, knife and gun expos, the various auction and flea market...

InTheZone

Reaction score
I was always a believer he would return to form, never once gave up. But I saw a lot of red flags in 2018, where many praised him, and then it took 2019 for seemingly everyone to realize he's got a lot to work on. If I don't see those drive through tackles and the ability to take on blockers in 2020 I'm not sure he'll ever get any better than what we've seen in any year so far.

aria

Reaction score
I know the Pro Bowl can largely be a popularity contest but even considering that, how in the hell did he make it? Rigged voting for the feel good story?

I used to like the guy a lot but over the past year or two I think he started turning myself and a lot of others off.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He looks good until you see the 22 view and watch him struggle to make cuts. Hope he comes back strong this year.

KDM256

Reaction score
#88 on what would be considered a down year and still made the pro bowl....

Don't get the hate on this board for Jaylon who did everything in his power to get back to playing football at a professional level after a serious injury. Pretty much beat all odds and made himself a top 100 Pro bowl caliber player according to his peers.

You would think such accomplishment would make him a fan favorite among Cowboy fans, different breed this day and age..

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I really think he’s playing out of position given his current physical limitations. He’s explosive when pursuing in one direction. His problems come when he has to change directions and move laterally. I think if you lined him up as a 3-4 OLB he could be a double digit sack guy. He’s proving he has tremendous closing speed when he’s blitzed.

Dreski

Reaction score
I don’t think Jaylon had a great season. I’m hoping George Edwards and Mike Nolan, with their history with linebackers, can get the best outta him and LVE though