Jaylon Smith has been exposed

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Like the guy alot but I have noticed some things about him..

Last night they isolated him in pass plays. At one point they threw at him until they scored.

Each time he was beaten but their QB was inaccurate each time..not Smith providing good coverage.

Jaylon is fine if the offensive player is square up on him, but if the offensive player is going off on an angle..Jaylon has to turn and pursue. He's slow doing this.

He is better when Wolf Hunter is playing. He covers for Jaylon alot.

Also he runs much better going to his right and not left. I assume this is due to his surgery. Do not know.

So as I said..I like him alot but not sure he will ever be a complete lber again.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

Last night they isolated him in pass plays. At one point they threw at him until they scored.

Each time he was beaten but their QB was inaccurate each time..not Smith providing good coverage.

Jaylon is fine if the offensive player is square up on him, but if the offensive player is going off on an angle..Jaylon has to turn and pursue. He's slow doing this.

Also he runs much better going to his right and not left. I assume this is due to his surgery. Do not know.

So as I said..I like him alot but not sure he will ever be a complete lber again.
The whole defense got exposed. Dak got exposed. Jerry got exposed. Jason got exposed. Beat the Commanders and Eagles you are in the playoffs.

Proof

Reaction score
Many of the fans who were hyped about him have been exposed too. That's why I take none of the armchair experts here seriously.

he played really well last year, what’s wrong with being excited about a player on your team playing well? Having an opinion doesn’t =/= being an armchair expert anymore than disagreeing with said opinion. Our fans are a bunch of in-fighting weirdos

glimmerman

Reaction score
Is there anyone on this team that HASN'T been exposed to some degree...? Genuine question here.
The whole Defense was exposed and ran over. Listening to Aikman at the beginning of the game and was talking about how bad the bears line is and our Defense should feast all night. By the 3rd quarter he was in shock at how bad they were playing. Lol.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Is there anyone on this team that HASN'T been exposed to some degree...? Genuine question here.
Yeah.

But everybody seems to want to talk about Dak and Amari and the offense.

When guys like Smith get big extensions and then struggle.

Zeke is going thru similar things.

I think our schemes are old and unchanging. We do not blitz much, we play too much zone and do not do that very well.

So yes..exposed.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

our defensive scheme sucks. it depends on stout penetrating strong DT that can hold the line or peneterate and push the pocket, but they don't. so the LBs are exposed. we have not made adjustments in scheme. they also aren't game planning or scheming properly. Jaylon should have to cover the slot WR. that's coaching failure. the players aren't put in position to succeed. they are put in a read and react mode.

kskboys

Reaction score
To his credit they got the mismatch they wanted. When they finally scored, it was their #1 reciever on a linebacker. I'll take Amari against any linebacker in the NFL in that situation.
Not to his credit, he committed obvious PI on the previous two plays.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah.

But everybody seems to want to talk about Dak and Amari and the offense.

When guys like Smith get big extensions and then struggle.

Zeke is going thru similar things.

I think our schemes are old and unchanging. We do not blitz much, we play too much zone and do not do that very well.

So yes..exposed.
And Zeke is playing much much better than Smith. On a scale of 1-10, Zeke is a 7 and Smith is a 4.

kskboys

Reaction score
The whole Defense was exposed and ran over. Listening to Aikman at the beginning of the game and was talking about how bad the bears line is and our Defense should feast all night. By the 3rd quarter he was in shock at how bad they were playing. Lol.
I heard that. I was in shock at how many people don't realize how bad our D is.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I actually had arguments with people on this forum after last season who were adamant that Jaylon was better in coverage than LVE lol.