Jaylon Smith has been exposed

bcavi

Reaction score
That TD before the half is on Marinell and Richard.

They ran the same exact coverage 3 plays in a row when the Bears where on the 6 yard line.

Couldn't have made it any easier on Trubisky and expecting him to cover a WR on the final play was assinine.

Honestly, you could tell the moment the Bears lined up for that 3rd down play that Dallas was in the same coverage and it was going to be a TD. Too bad our coaches aren't very good and can't see the obvious. They had timeouts to burn as well.

Exactly! The Bears also had to know after the 1st play, when they threw to the TE the 1st time, that the way Jaylon was playing coverage they'd get a TD or PI. He was not turning around for the ball, just running straight at the receiver. What do our defensive coaches do? Nothing. This is a crap show...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Yes he has.

My comments were only my observations. Not a building critique.

Identifying player weakness is part of winning and losing.

I fully expected a falloff from last year. He was great as would Wolf Hunter.

In fact Wolfie being out is part of Smith's problem. They play well together. I would like to see Jaylon in the pass rush more.

But we do not blitz much. When we do..its a safety like Darrian Thompson which works OK but we need more.

Well of course its going to look like he plays better. He's playing a different posistion as the WILL. But with Vander Esch out he's playing the MIKE.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
He looks like he does zero prep. Instead of selling sunglasses that idiot should be in the film room. No accountability. I am sure they laugh at Bloom.

Personally I think Smith should be benched. I would maybe even scratch him. Embarrass the hell out of him. Only chance to fix him.

I hope the next LB coach just works him over.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Exactly! The Bears also had to know after the 1st play, when they threw to the TE the 1st time, that the way Jaylon was playing coverage they'd get a TD or PI. He was not turning around for the ball, just running straight at the receiver. What do our defensive coaches do? Nothing. This is a crap show...
Kris Richard has had a crap year.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He looks like he does zero prep. Instead of selling sunglasses that idiot should be in the film room. No accountability. I am sure they laugh at Bloom.

Personally I think Smith should be benched. I would maybe even scratch him. Embarrass the hell out of him. Only chance to fix him.

I hope the next LB coach just works him over.
He needs Wolf Hunter.

Praxit

Reaction score
Lee was pretty active but seemed to tire as the game went on.

Do not know if he plays next year. We need an upgrade there.

Let him start his coaching career with the new HC.
...Dallas organization is the type that will see the emotional side of things rather than logical. If Lee wants to come back they will let him, regardless the aging stats. Its not fair to rest of the team picking up the slack and trying to win.

bcavi

Reaction score
Kris Richard has had a crap year.

Agree. I had high hopes for him. I thought he'd bring something to this defense. If there are any philosophical differences in defensive approaches between him and Marinelli, you wouldn't notice it. He calls the defense the same pathetic way ashy turd does. How many years has this been? His only weak accolade is putting Byron at corner.

Redline360

Reaction score
The whole defense has regressed as a whole. Typically a few guys could have a down year but when it's almost everyone theres a major problem that's runs deep.

It seems they have given up completely on the coaching staff. Zero motivation, horrible tackling, same generic defense schemes from 15+ years ago and etc. Every team seems to have the cowboys offense and defensive playbook hanging on the locker room wall. The news, ex players, weekly breakdowns, other teams, and my drunk uncle says the same thing every week about the play calling

perrykemp

Reaction score
120 tackles 2.5 sacks 5 TFL 3 QB hits 6PD 2 FF 1 FR

IDK what would be a good season for you people.

My Packer fan family members and friends think Blake Martinez is awful despite the fact he has been one of the leading tacklers in the league the last 2-3 years (he is currently second to Jaylon). My take is that Packers fans generally don’t like Martinez — despite all those tackles.

I am not comparing Jaylon Smith and Blake Martinez, I am just saying that having a lot of tackles by itself may not be a great measure of LB play.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Umm when he was "isolated" i saw him with back to back PD on the TE in the 4th quarter. Smith will always have to work extra in change of direction because of his injury, I hear all this about Jaylon having a bad yr.

120 tackles 2.5 sacks 5 TFL 3 QB hits 6PD 2 FF 1 FR

IDK what would be a good season for you people.

Has he had bad moments during the yr? Of course everybody does. Has he had plays where he totally whiffed on a play, like every other player in the NFL. Has he been solid for the entire yr? Yes he has. Having no protection from the interior DL has made not only Smith but Vander Esch and Lee have to get through blocks and double teams to get tackles.

Posting stat totals and thinking it speaks for itself is about the laziest and oversimplified attempt at analysis one can do.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
My Packer fan family members and friends think Blake Martinez is awful despite the fact he has been one of the leading tacklers in the league the last 2-3 years (he is currently second to Jaylon). My take is that Packers fans generally don’t like Martinez — despite all those tackles.

I am not comparing Jaylon Smith and Blake Martinez, I am just saying that having a lot of tackles by itself may not be a great measure of LB play.
Cowboys fans also think Elliot, Dak, Amari dont desrve money because they suck too. Seems like fans like players until they get paid what the market is paying.

Shaq thompson just signed for 54 mil 13.5 mil AAV
5yr career 68 games
331 tackles 9.5 sacks 27 TFL 19 QB hits 12 PD 1INT 1 FF 1 FR

Jaylon Smith 6yr 68mil
2 full seasons and 6 games 38 total games 11.3 mil AAV
322 tackles 7.5 sacks 14 TFL 11 QB hits 12 PD 6 FF 3 FR

Who got the better deal?

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
To his credit they got the mismatch they wanted. When they finally scored, it was their #1 reciever on a linebacker. I'll take Amari against any linebacker in the NFL in that situation.
Thats another glaring coaching error , why the heck MLB is on WRs for 3 consecutive Redzone passing plays? Kris Richard is as bad as Rod

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
They showed a shot of thim from overhead running and cutting and all I could think of was...what is wrong with the way he's moving. FWIW
True , the movement looks as if regressed from last year or the effort? After getting paid ? Go figure