Jaylon Smith is still unsigned

Cmac

Reaction score
Laughs for Jaylon abundant, but we got plenty still on this team that are just as deserving......FO, coaching staff, players. Yet this board seeks a Fall Guy evey year. SMH.

John813

Reaction score
Part of me believes those tweets/"rumors" that he really went into business mode after that contract instead of staying football hungry.

Sure, the big limitation in his game was his foot, but he still had enough talent to at least be an average WLB.
Just think he started thinking about life/ventures after football, which occurred right after he signed that big deal.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It's interesting that he has not even been signed by a CFL team. Maybe he should try out for a Japanese X-League team or a German Football League team.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He will remain unsigned. Unless a team has bad injuries. He had one decent year when LVE was having a great year.

John813

Reaction score
It's interesting that he has not even been signed by a CFL team. Maybe he should try out for a Japanese X-League team or a German Football League team.

I think he rather stay retired from the NFL than bounce around smaller leagues.
He was building up a good amount of business ventures his last few years here. Probably wants to focus on that than train to play in Alberta.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
The NFL money went to his head. After seeing him wear this
jaylon-smith-week-14_orig.jpg
and perfoming like that, his cockiness caught up with him.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think he rather stay retired from the NFL than bounce around smaller leagues.
He was building up a good amount of business ventures his last few years here. Probably wants to focus on that than train to play in Alberta.

Which is probably what he'd do, but, here's another angle imo. At least this is something in my mind. I know he and his brother had some cake shop they opened. If they were to play in say, Germany, then maybe they could learn new styles that help their business. Germany is known for great baking, hence pretzels for example (which are always delicious and can't go wrong with). Maybe they could, by playing in Germany for a year or two, learn some German baking styles. Or, if they play in Japan, maybe they can learn some Japanese cakes. The most popular cake in Japan is cheesecake, according to Google. Maybe they can learn a Japanese-style of cheesecake that they can incorporate into their business. That way, not only can they continue their football careers, but they may be able to learn some styles that build their business. Also, per Google, they have a cake called a "Japanese sweet cake" that maybe they'd like to learn how to make.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We never should have taken him in the second.
And I hope the doctor who recommended he would be good to go is no longer on the payroll.
Jerry certainly didn't have a clear-eye view in this case.
I'm sure the doc didn't give guarantees, and certainly didn't give a prognosis on Smith's mentality for the job.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
And the prize for the worst second round draft pick in the Garrett era goes too....

A) Gavin Escobar.
B) Jaylon Smith.
C) Trysten Hill.
D) Conner Williams.

Who you got?

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
And the prize for the worst second round draft pick in the Garrett era goes too....

A) Gavin Escobar.
B) Jaylon Smith.
C) Trysten Hill.
D) Conner Williams.

Who you got?

Worst was the one we gave up in 2012 to move up for Mo Claiborne when we could have (and, according to Stephen at the time, would have) used it to grab Bobby Wagner.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

A) Gavin Escobar.
B) Jaylon Smith.
C) Trysten Hill.
D) Conner Williams.

Who you got?

Connor Williams imo with Hill being a close second. Connor Williams was horrible, and, from what I'm hearing and reading, is having a horrible camp in Miami. Hill was a pick that made some sense, but he has been below average. Jaylon Smith had a great 2018 season. I think if he'd have stayed humble and played smarter, he'd have been a nice choice. I'll give an example of what I mean by smarter. The game we played against the Browns in 2020. We were destroying them early that game until he made a really idiotic facemask penalty that would've ended that drive, and we might have crushed the Browns that game if the results held. He had a knack for committing untimely penalties when we least needed them. Escobar didn't make much sense given that Witten still had a lot of tread when we took him. Still, every now and then, he made some decent plays.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Couple of weeks ago........believe that's Trystan Hill part of the group

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Connor Williams imo with Hill being a close second. Connor Williams was horrible, and, from what I'm hearing and reading, is having a horrible camp in Miami. Hill was a pick that made some sense, but he has been below average. Jaylon Smith had a great 2018 season. I think if he'd have stayed humble and played smarter, he'd have been a nice choice. I'll give an example of what I mean by smarter. The game we played against the Browns in 2020. We were destroying them early that game until he made a really idiotic facemask penalty that would've ended that drive, and we might have crushed the Browns that game if the results held. He had a knack for committing untimely penalties when we least needed them. Escobar didn't make much sense given that Witten still had a lot of tread when we took him. Still, every now and then, he made some decent plays.
To tell you the truth, I want to say Trysten Hill. Because he was a healthy scratch for a whole year. But Hill still has a chance to prove himself, where as the others guys time in Dallas has come and gone.

But I'm going to agree with you on Conner. He was our smallest offensive lineman and he played against the defenses biggest tackle. So you draft a excellent college tackle then never put him at tackle. His calling card with foot speed not strength, so they tried to force a square peg into a round hole.