Jaylon Smith looks Fast!

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
When some people have legitimate concerns over a players injury’s or a qbs poor performance there’s this adolescent charge made that “ you must be a hater”.
This is not painting the picture accurately. No one has a problem with expressing legitimate concerns. That's not what's happening. Its the spewing of definitive, negative, hot takes that are the issue. Then the doubling down on them when another fan suggests a "wait and see" approach.

Ex:

Fan 1: Jaylon is looking good, I hope he can return to form, and Jerry's second round gamble pays off.

Realist: Jerry sucks, Jaylon will NEVER recover from the injury and is another wasted 2nd round pick.

Fan 1: The time frame is almost two years for full recovery, and he seems to get better everyday.

Realist: Are you stupid? He has drop foot. I talked to my cousins, best friend's baby mama who is a doctor who said its likely that he will never be the same guy before the injury.

Fan 1: Well, every case is different and Jaylon himself says he sees the progress every day and has even progressed to walking without the boot.

Realist: Jaylon is always positive so it doesnt matter what he says. He will never play again at a level of even a backup NFL LB. If he was progressing than some team doctor would come out and say so.

Fan 1: HIPPA? And when have you known anyone other than Jerry or Stephen to speak out about an injury to a player? What makes you think its going to change now?

Realist: 1 playoff win in over 20 years tells me I know more about the team than you do. Jerry's not about winning, only about making money, I've been a fan since 1912, Garrett sucks and should be fired, Parcells and Jimmy Johnson are both gods and dictated to Jerry how to run an organization.

Fan 1: Huh?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
We get to do this with Dez Bryant soon, too. Once he is signed by another team, his performance (good or bad) will get the gloating kicked into high gear. Got my popcorn ready. :popcorn:
April 13th, 2018. A beautiful day in the history of THE Dallas Cowboys.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This is not painting the picture accurately. No one has a problem with expressing legitimate concerns. That's not what's happening. Its the spewing of definitive, negative, hot takes that are the issue. Then the doubling down on them when another fan suggests a "wait and see" approach.

Ex:

Fan 1: Jaylon is looking good, I hope he can return to form, and Jerry's second round gamble pays off.

Realist: Jerry sucks, Jaylon will NEVER recover from the injury and is another wasted 2nd round pick.

Fan 1: The time frame is almost two years for full recovery, and he seems to get better everyday.

Realist: Are you stupid? He has drop foot. I talked to my cousins, best friend's baby mama who is a doctor who said its likely that he will never be the same guy before the injury.

Fan 1: Well, every case is different and Jaylon himself says he sees the progress every day and has even progressed to walking without the boot.

Realist: Jaylon is always positive so it doesnt matter what he says. He will never play again at a level of even a backup NFL LB. If he was progressing than some team doctor would come out and say so.

Fan 1: HIPPA? And when have you known anyone other than Jerry or Stephen to speak out about an injury to a player? What makes you think its going to change now?

Realist: 1 playoff win in over 20 years tells me I know more about the team than you do. Jerry's not about winning, only about making money, I've been a fan since 1912, Garrett sucks and should be fired, Parcells and Jimmy Johnson are both gods and dictated to Jerry how to run an organization.

Fan 1: Huh?

That's one version, and it's accurate. There are other versions as well, like this one:

Realist: I can't believe Dallas selected a player that can't play this year and may not ever play again.

Fan 1: You're just a hater. Jaylon is a top 5 talent and is going to be a beast. Our team has inside information. You're not a doctor.

Jaylon posts workout video...

Fan 1: Jaylon looks elite in these drills. He's going to be a beast. I heard on here he will never play again.

Realist: Let's wait and see what he can do when the pads come on.

Fan 1: You're just invested in his failure and don't want to admit you were wrong.

Jaylon plays but doesn't impress...

Realist: Jaylon doesn't look like a beast we were promised to get.

Fan 1: Let's wait and see, he's coming off a major injury. Even if he never improves, just playing again made him worth a 2nd round pick.

Jaylon finally looks like a beast (what we gambled to get and what some realists wanted to see before saying the gamble paid off)

Fan 1: I told you so.

Realists: Exactly what we wanted to see before claiming he was going to be a beast from the beginning.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Errrrrrbody loves Jaylon now!

:huh::lmao2::laugh:

Best comedy ever.

That shouldn't be a shock. When a guy is playing well even if its just TC and preseason, he's going to get more praise than when he isn't.

Though we haven't played a regular season game yet, it is not inaccurate to say that Jaylon has not lived up to his draft status YET. Thats just a factual statement not a dig...........such is what I read mostly on here in regard to perceived negative comments. What cowboy fan doesn't want him to succeed?

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
That's one version, and it's accurate. There are other versions as well, like this one:

Realist: I can't believe Dallas selected a player that can't play this year and may not ever play again.

Fan 1: You're just a hater. Jaylon is a top 5 talent and is going to be a beast. Our team has inside information. You're not a doctor.

Fan 1: Jaylon looks elite in these drills. He's going to be a beast. I heard on here he will never play again.

Fan 1: You're just invested in his failure and don't want to admit you were wrong.

Fan 1: Let's wait and see, he's coming off a major injury. Even if he never improves, just playing again made him worth a 2nd round pick.

Jaylon finally looks like a beast (what we gambled to get and what some realists wanted to see before saying the gamble paid off)

Realists: Exactly what we wanted to see before claiming he was going to be a beast from the beginning.

Moral of the story: It's annoying to present opinions as facts no matter what side you are on.

BAD: "Jaylon will never play a down in the NFL"
GOOD: "I'm afraid we might never see Jaylon play at an elite level in the NFL"

BAD: "Jaylon is back and will make the Pro-bowl this year!"
GOOD: "Jaylon appears to be making strides, lets hope he's a player we can continue to be excited about"

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Moral of the story: It's annoying to present opinions as facts no matter what side you are on.

BAD: "Jaylon will never play a down in the NFL"
GOOD: "I'm afraid we might never see Jaylon play at an elite level in the NFL"

BAD: "Jaylon is back and will make the Pro-bowl this year!"
GOOD: "Jaylon appears to be making strides, lets hope he's a player we can continue to be excited about"
Actually.. The moral of the story is...

Shut your pie hole if you have no earthly idea what you're talking about Negative Norbert.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Just the facts...

• Jaylon was drafted to play in his second NFL year.
  • Against all odds, Jaylon took the field in his first NFL year.
  • The Negative Norberts tried to cry about the Dallas Cowboys wasting a year waiting for Jaylon to become healthy... Then the following article destroyed their pitiful lives.
  • https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-co...er-Collective-Bargaining-Agreement-118430540/
    Smith's first season was a redshirt year, as everyone clearly knows. What's lost in that fact is what it means based on the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Having spent the entirety of 2016 on the Non-Football Injury list, there were no games in which he was active and, as such, he didn't accrue a season towards his career. This means, contractually, Smith isn't actually entering the third year of his rookie deal.
  • Last year, was indeed his first year in which he was to be judged given the draft facts and he actually showed what we like to see in rookies in their first years.. Some call it progress.
  • This year, 3rd year, he is ready to beast.

Just the facts pls...

keysersoze

Reaction score

That’s BS and you know it.

keysersoze

Reaction score
That shouldn't be a shock. When a guy is playing well even if its just TC and preseason, he's going to get more praise than when he isn't.

Though we haven't played a regular season game yet, it is not inaccurate to say that Jaylon has not lived up to his draft status YET. Thats just a factual statement not a dig...........such is what I read mostly on here in regard to perceived negative comments. What cowboy fan doesn't want him to succeed?
Oh!!! There’s quite a few who don’t want him to succeed. Believe that. They’re hiding now though.

keysersoze

Reaction score
It's always funny how those "negative experts" slowly disappear into the hedges as if they were never an entity. We know better.
tenor.gif
Yep. Can’t call them out anymore because they are protected. They whine like *****es to the mods in their inboxes. What’s ironic is they’re the main ones talking trash tho. As soon as you put them in check they turn informant like Sammy The Bull. Hahahahaha

keysersoze

Reaction score
If anyone finds one of those "it was a wasted pick.. he will never amount to anything.." experts please let me know.

#WitnessProtectionProgram
Yep!!! Just like Sammy the Bull. They’ll come back out when he has a less than stellar outing.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Pure comedy. You'll always be able to spot the hiding haters because their forward moving dribble will morph from a hardcore "he will never amount to anyrhing" to a more softly communicated " lets wait & see.. hopefully I'm wrong".
:thumbup::laugh:
Funny how the hate turns into concerns huh? Lol. I’d respect them more if they held firm in their original stances. Don’t fold up and cower now!!! Lol