Twitter: Jaylon wants to wear 9

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
It is an entire NFL thing, not just a Cowboys thing. You can't point to a routine play in every NFL game where somebody celebrated something. It is no big deal at all.

Agree to a point but I’m not watching every game and we are talking Jaylon. I’m not asking you to read my 3 replies after that one but my issue is regression in play with more of him branding all over..not just a swipe.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
That just shows how oblivious Jaylon is of who he plays for and their history. #9 is Romo's until someone very special comes along to wear it. That's not Jaylon. We don't retire numbers but certain ones might as well be.
I think the whole number thing is BS. Just because he isn't the same caliber player as Randy White doesn't diminish what Randy did simply because they wear the same number. Did Anonio Bryant ruin #88? It is just a number

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
So he wants to disrespect the team that took a chance on him and drafted him even knowing he might not play well after that surgery. They gave him a number that was worn by fantastic players before him and it's not good enough for him?

He's not that good. He's not bad, but he celebrates when he shouldn't. He should focus on the game instead of his business and doesn't. He's unlikable. I can't wait for this guy to be an Ex-Cowboy.
How is he "disrespecting" the team by hinting that he'd like to wear the number he wore his whole career before entering the NFL?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
If Micheal Irvin’s number is not retired why would Romo‘s be?

Irvin was actually a considered an all time great at his position. Romo? Was he ever even a top 10 quarterback from the 2000’s to the early 2010’s?

Brady
Farve
Manning
Rodgers
Wilson
Rivers
Brees
Warner
Big Ben
Mcnabb
Eli
McNair
Richy G

all had much better careers and accolades. Some with even worse owners and coaching staffs like the raiders. He’s an average quarterback in the age of golden ones. Rookies like Justin Herbert are coming out and already putting up better numbers than Romo ever did with significantly worse OL.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I doubt #9 gets retired but it is likely too soon for Jerry to let someone else wear that number.
Antonio Bryant dawned the 88.......I am surprised we didn't give Danucci #9 last season

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think the whole number thing is BS. Just because he isn't the same caliber player as Randy White doesn't diminish what Randy did simply because they wear the same number. Did Anonio Bryant ruin #88? It is just a number
Thank you for demonstrating what some people think doesn't matter. You did a brilliant job. :clap:

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Antonio Bryant dawned the 88.......I am surprised we didn't give Danucci #9 last season

You think Jerry is ready to see another player wear 9? Both 88 and 94 is something he believes in marketing around which is why he publicly discusses them.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Retiring numbers has become stupid in all sports. Kevin Durant and James Harden had their numbers retired as an example. Another is there being no single digit numbers left for the Yankees. The only exception I can see is for a case like Jackie Robinson’s 42–someone who truly transcended the sport. Outside of that just put the player’s name and number in the rafters, wait a respectable amount of time, and reissue the number.

That being said, Jaylon Smith needs to focus on football and not worry about numbers or sunglasses.

dckid

Reaction score
Danny White's Legion will ALWAYS have Championship Trump Card.

If Danny had gone to 1 Superbowl and won, He'd given Troy for 2nd best QB behind Roger.

Danny was a Dog and a stud!
My point exactly. A lot of fans just have a Stockholm syndrome with Romo and the drivel that Jerry spouts out. We should not look back to the days for mediocrity... 8-8 what a goal to aspire to.
Our beloved Cowboys are broken until further notice. There is no joy in scoring 500 points and treading water.

dckid

Reaction score
If Micheal Irvin’s number is not retired why would Romo‘s be?

Irvin was actually a considered an all time great at his position. Romo? Was he ever even a top 10 quarterback from the 2000’s to the early 2010’s?

Brady
Farve
Manning
Rodgers
Wilson
Rivers
Brees
Warner
Big Ben
Mcnabb
Eli
McNair
Richy G

all had much better careers and accolades. Some with even worse owners and coaching staffs like the raiders. He’s an average quarterback in the age of golden ones. Rookies like Justin Herbert are coming out and already putting up better numbers than Romo ever did with significantly worse OL.

Yup. Exactly.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
You think Jerry is ready to see another player wear 9? Both 88 and 94 is something he believes in marketing around which is why he publicly discusses them.
88 and 94 won him chips so I would imagine Rooms 9is an after thought

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
88 and 94 won him chips so I would imagine Rooms 9is an after thought

Yep but that has zero to do with what I'm talking about. Which is how I think Jerry feels about anyone wearing #9. As I have already stated, I do not care if anyone wears Romo's number.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Yep but that has zero to do with what I'm talking about. Which is how I think Jerry feels about anyone wearing #9. As I have already stated, I do not care if anyone wears Romo's number.
Jerry cares more about who wears 88 and 94....#facts

mrmojo

Reaction score
#12 is the only number that shouldn't be touched IMO.......22 and 74 are close.

#9, I dont know, the late Mitch Hoopes family should be consulted too :)

nobody

Reaction score
How is he "disrespecting" the team by hinting that he'd like to wear the number he wore his whole career before entering the NFL?

Because of all the Jerseys already created for sale at his assigned number. They all become obsolete. Will switching numbers make him magically better? No. So why make the switch? All it does is paint him further into the spoiled diva image he has going.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Because of all the Jerseys already created for sale at his assigned number. They all become obsolete. Will switching numbers make him magically better? No. So why make the switch? All it does is paint him further into the spoiled diva image he has going.
That is not disrespecting his team. I had a Roy Williams jersey (safety, not WR) and he changed his number. I wasn't disrespected and I doubt Jerry Jones was either. Switching numbers won't physically make him better, but maybe it is a mental thing. Who knows?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

ETfgo4DWAAgSPSn.jpg

I grant him anything if he just goes back to 2018 in his play.