Jayron Kearse Is Now The Defensive Signal Caller

817Gill

Reaction score
Didn’t notice during the game but Ryan Clark on NFL Live mentioned that Kearse is the green dot guy now which can be seen on the back of his helmet.

Why is this significant?

Clark mentioned it but this allowed Micah to play free and fast. While the dude is a stud physically he’s still a bit raw on the mental side especially to the intricacies of being an NFL signal caller after a year off of football. That’s why we saw him bogged down against NE and not playing up to his speed.

Great adjustment and nice to see what areas Micah still needs to grow in. Kearse has also become super valuable and I think gets resigned.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn’t notice during the game but Ryan Clark on NFL Live mentioned that Kearse is the green dot guy now which can be seen on the back of his helmet.

Why is this significant?

Clark mentioned it but this allowed Micah to play free and fast. While the dude is a stud physically he’s still a bit raw on the mental side especially to the intricacies of being an NFL signal caller after a year off of football. That’s why we saw him bogged down against NE and not playing up to his speed.

Great adjustment and nice to see what areas Micah still needs to grow in. Kearse has also become super valuable and I think gets resigned.

I agree. Kearse is playing more and more and continues to be more involved. I have to think they make a solid effort to keep him.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree. Kearse is playing more and more and continues to be more involved. I have to think they make a solid effort to keep him.
Whats interesting is Wilson's snaps doubled, and it looks like they were easing him in. He is not an easy guy to keep on the sidelines and will probably be playing 80% of the snaps by next week.

Ive been saying it shouldnt be Wilson or Kearse, but both. It looks like they could be in agreement. Is suspect you will see one at LB in some Nickel or Dime sets with the other at SS. And maybe Wilson at FS in run D packages

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Why is this significant?

Kearse is playing 100% of the snaps and playing very well.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whats interesting is Wilson's snaps doubled, and it looks like they were easing him in. He is not an easy guy to keep on the sidelines and will probably be playing 80% of the snaps by next week.

Ive been saying it shouldnt be Wilson or Kearse, but both. It looks like they could be in agreement. Is suspect you will see one at LB in some Nickel or Dime sets with the other at SS. And maybe Wilson at FS in run D packages

I can definitely see that. And not both at safety, but more playing linebacker. Keanu Neal will probably see a reduction in snaps along with LVE. The times they are a changin’.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Why is this significant?

He's at the top of my list for being re-signed along with Gregory. Hope to bring back Neal and Kazee as well, but I can live with it if they move on to greener pastures.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
I can definitely see that. And not both at safety, but more playing linebacker. Keanu Neal will probably see a reduction in snaps along with LVE. The times they are a changin’.

THIS^^^^

Kearse is going to be playing much more at LB.

Cowboys base D is the nickel anyway. And they love the big nickel too.