Twitter: Jayron Kearse visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
we have depth..just guys. Dont need more jags. Need a STARTER. QUALITY over quanity.
Who would you prefer over Neal, Kazee, Hooker, Kearse..
Just curious if you view any other available DBs as starter quality considering the current cap, not saying that couldn't easily be adjusted.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Who would you prefer over Neal, Kazee, Hooker, Kearse..
Just curious if you view any other available DBs as starter quality considering the current cap, not saying that couldn't easily be adjusted.
Peterson. William Jackson. Tre Boston is still out there. Hes just 28 and has NONE of the injury worries.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
depth is wonderful, but at SOME point you need to find starters!!! Stop it with the depth stuff. Our issue isnt depth..its our starters. They stink on D.
Not last year. Last year it was depth more so on offense but also on defense with several injuries.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Not last year. Last year it was depth more so on offense but also on defense with several injuries.
Im willing to toss out last year somewhat..it was awful for everyone involved..no camp ,no chance to mesh or to adapt quickly to each other or all the change we had on the team. We should have seen that coming. It was the perfect storm really. This year we gotta get it right.Agree somewhat with you, but our starters WHEN IN THE GAME have to be better. What we saw from them was trash...except for Dak and a scant few wr's.OUR MAIN ISSUE WAS DEFENSE.

slick325

Reaction score
So Kearse will likely be an insurance policy and depth if they sign him?

Sign Hooker (med history isn't stellar) or Kazee (coming off the achilles tear) as well as Kearse. It also shouldn't prevent drafting a FS if so inclined. I'd be ok with it. Plus, he could likely be released in TC if he isn't showing anything.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So Kearse will likely be an insurance policy and depth if they sign him?

Sign Hooker (med history isn't stellar) or Kazee (coming off the achilles tear) as well as Kearse. It also shouldn't prevent drafting a FS if so inclined. I'd be ok with it. Plus, he could likely be released in TC if he isn't showing anything.
KEARSE has been suspended a couple times due to off the field stuff I think...so with him the challenge is that stuff, not the medical.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Im willing to toss out last year somewhat..it was awful for everyone involved..no camp ,no chance to mesh or to adapt quickly to each other or all the change we had on the team. We should have seen that coming. It was the perfect storm really. This year we gotta get it right.Agree somewhat with you, but our starters WHEN IN THE GAME have to be better. What we saw from them was trash...except for Dak and a scant few wr's.OUR MAIN ISSUE WAS DEFENSE.
Hopefully Quinn’s system can help fix that. For example, Jaylon is better than average at getting to the QB and worse than average defending the run and pass. He doesn’t need to be out there for all 3 downs.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hopefully Quinn’s system can help fix that. For example, Jaylon is better than average at getting to the QB and worse than average defending the run and pass. He doesn’t need to be out there for all 3 downs.
agree, he should be solely situational at most. He also has trouble finishing. He has to be better.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Just say no! He's been w/three different teams already. In Detroit he was forced to become a starter which left glaring holes in his game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Just say no! He's been w/three different teams already. In Detroit he was forced to become a starter which left glaring holes in his game.
plus hes been suspended a couple times for off the field behavior . Not sure hes worth it.

conner01

Reaction score
I mean depth is great and all but what good is bringing in back up types when you don't have a true starter yet?
We need a true starter FS
Depth can be UDFA and late round picks
I hate spending money on a guy you pray never sees the field

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Do you think he's better than Thompson? This guy is competition for that spot.

I'm just saying out of the guys coming in for visits I would not seriously be active for Kearse. Kearse seems to have issues on and off the field, 2019 arrested for DWI and fire arms with 3 game suspension, Just based on comments I have read about him just does not seem to care much for football. I see him as a guy just looking to get a paycheck. I think he is a waste of time.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm just saying out of the guys coming in for visits I would not seriously be active for Kearse. Kearse seems to have issues on and off the field, 2019 arrested for DWI and fire arms with 3 game suspension, Just based on comments I have read about him just does not seem to care much for football. I see him as a guy just looking to get a paycheck. I think he is a waste of time.
And yet we preach about culture, or at least the desire to obtain it, and we even bring in Kearce for a visit?
Im cool with Neal, Kazee and Hooker, but I hope this front office is at least trying to stop embarrassing itself, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.