Jeff George wants to play for the Cowboys

Verdict

Reaction score
Jeff George called Michael Irvin to throw his hat in the ring to play as a backup for the Cowboys. Michael Irvin interviewed him live on the air and George stated his case to be the backup for the Cowboys. No. this is not a joke.

Rudy

Reaction score
Kevin straight up asks Jeff George "The notion around the league is that you are nuts...why do people think you're crazy?"
Jerry would have to be crazy too to even bring this guy in for a workout.

2much2soon

Reaction score
He never had any problem getting the ball down the field. Now getting the ball to the right team...

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
2much2soon;2397157 said:
He never had any problem getting the ball down the field. Now getting the ball to the right team...

Bingo...I still would take his frozen ropes over BJ and BB.

BB is better than BJ but I dont think he has any more potential. Definitely shouldn't be a teams #2 QB.

ajk23az

Reaction score
Hostile;2397174 said:
Oh hell no.

:laugh2:

We really would be the laughing stock of the league. I think even the Lions would laugh at us if we signed him.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
I still say we have some College QB's on our bench, masking as Receivers.

Use them!!! Good god man!!!

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
HighTechDave;2397226 said:
I still say we have some College QB's on our bench, masking as Receivers.

Use them!!! Good god man!!!
Have Stanback and Crayton in backfield and switch up who you snap it too. Defenses will be totally off balance.

Championship...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I am not sure but I think that would top pulling Testeverde off the couch last year to play for Panthers...

I am not sure :cool:

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
Achozen;2397233 said:
Have Stanback and Crayton in backfield and switch up who you snap it too. Defenses will be totally off balance.

Championship...

I like the way you think. Awesome idea. And ya know, it just might work too, but we have no imagination on this team. Hell, even Mr. "no personality" Tom Landry had some crazy plays up his sleeve.

Yup, Championship. Win out the rest of the season...

:lmao:

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Verdict;2397142 said:
Jeff George called Michael Irvin to throw his hat in the ring to play as a backup for the Cowboys. Michael Irvin interviewed him live on the air and George stated his case to be the backup for the Cowboys. No. this is not a joke.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao2:

My side are hurting.........

DawnOfANewD

Reaction score
Isn't he dead from old age? Isn't he a zombie now? (sorry, still in the Halloween spirit...)

Shaun

Reaction score
I want to play for the Cowboys too, but I don't think it's going to happen.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard the interview on the way to lunch and forgot to post about it.

I thought it was kind of hilarious. The guy was basically interviewing for a job :lmao2: .

Oh, I say Heeeeelll no to Jeff George.

ajk23az

Reaction score
AmishCowboy;2397182 said:
He hasn't played in like 3 years.

He hasnt played since 2001 :laugh2:

He played 2 games for the Commanders...going 0-2.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Oh, it was also kind of funny to see him try to throw Brooks Bollinger and Brad Johnson under the bus.

He was talking about how he was watching the games and that he had a real strong arm and could make big plays with the weapons the Cowboys had.

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm just the messenger, reporting the message. :) Don't kill the messenger for reporting the facts.

Actually, I thought George went out of his way NOT to throw BB or BJ under the bus. He actually repeatedly sidestepped the question of whether he thought he could outplay either of them.

I'm not saying that Jeff George is better than BB or BJ. I am not offering it for the truth of the matter asserted, but merely that the words were spoken. :)