"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao2:
3t054c.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys re-signed him so they don't see the dropoff as much ...heres' hoping Donovan evolves by leaps and bounds ...;)

How much for Thompson? Heath got about 4M per while Thompson made 720K for 2019.

Maybe he can be better with a new coaching staff but hopefully Donovan Wilson with his college coach hired becomes the starting SS.

Thompson sucked at tackling from the SS position but he is too slow at FS. He was better in 2017 with the Giants (he played FS) but they cut him despite being a 3rd round pick from the previous season.

I thought moving to SS would be a good for Thompson. A 6-2, 212 Slow-ish Safety that is OK in coverage despite a lack of speed seemed like a good fit at SS...except he can't tackle...

wecasa

Reaction score
any chance we get them to take olawale back for a couple rolls of athletic tape?

SSoup

Reaction score
ditto, me too. The sooner we except this, the easier it will be. WE ARE IN A REBUILD. This reminds me of the early Bill Parcells years. Remember what he did? He cleaned house.
I don't agree we've entered rebuilding mode. I think the coaching hire was very much a win-now move.

Though it would be a deliciously fitting turn of events if, after years of Garrett teams whose floor tended to be 8-8, hiring a win-now coach results in it all collapsing in on itself and going wrong, convincing Jerry to decide to rebuild intentionally after we become a serious loser.

The current state of the cupboard at defensive line and the upheaval in the secondary necessitates that we'll be rebuilding the defense to some extent either way, of course. If you add some bad news about LVE's neck injury, and if Lawrence and Jaylon continue to underwhelm like they did last year, though, we might be looking at blowing up the entire defense soon.

I think if we entered full-on rebuilding mode this offseason, we'd have handled things different. Different coach, different approach to our players whose contracts were up, etc.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I don't agree we've entered rebuilding mode. I think the coaching hire was very much a win-now move.

Though it would be a deliciously fitting turn of events if, after years of Garrett teams whose floor tended to be 8-8, hiring a win-now coach results in it all collapsing in on itself and going wrong, convincing Jerry to decide to rebuild intentionally after we become a serious loser.

The current state of the cupboard at defensive line and the upheaval in the secondary necessitates that we'll be rebuilding the defense to some extent either way, of course. If you add some bad news about LVE's neck injury, and if Lawrence and Jaylon continue to underwhelm like they did last year, though, we might be looking at blowing up the entire defense soon.

I think if we entered full-on rebuilding mode this offseason, we'd have handled things different. Different coach, different approach to our players whose contracts were up, etc.
we are purging all the garretites off the team...LOOKS LIKE A REBUILD TO ME.

JPostSam

Reaction score
good guy who was a replacement-level player. it's not his fault that the team didn't replace him. he worked hard, kept his mouth shut, and did his best to contribute. we can expect more from the front office, but we can't expect more from the player.