Video: Jennings says Big Mike is the man!

johneric8

Reaction score
Okay, maybe it was packers hall of fame, I can't keep track.. Either way, let me just say this- Whenever you watched the packers with Big Mike as a coach he always had them in it to win it with the exception of the last couple of years when he lost his way which happens... But, I remember always being worried playing Mike's teams because he always had every player playing better than they should. I do think he is greatly underestimated and heads and shoulders better than what we have had. I think he will get better and better as the season unfolds.

johneric8

Reaction score
actually its Wiley isnt that Marcelis Wiley NOT Jennings , Jennings isnt even in this vid is he..Acho says its been too long..

oh i see Jennings comes later..vid too dang long
it's toward the third half, worth a listen for sure..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This thread is like a lightbulb for a moth.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Couldn't listen to all that crap, but a good point was made by Jennings about McCarthy not micromanaging his staff. For years, it was easy to see that the coordinators we brought in under Garrett had to adhere to Garrett's way of thinking. He allowed Moore more freedom than he seemed to give Linehan, but what we're seeing from Moore now is very much enhanced from what we saw under Garrett. Now, there's some clear McCarthy influences added, but he's allowing Moore to shine rather than his ego getting in the way in order for him to get all the credit.

Yea because every coach would give a 1st time ever coordinator in his first year full control over the entire Offense. That makes sense. What you are seeing is a growth from Moore that can only happen given experience.. not that Garrett was holding him back.. that's just silly. And every coach from the dawn of the NFL has his way to play the game.. and every coach under him better adapt or they will be gone.. just like in any business.. When the CEO makes a decision.. it's done. I don't think McCarthy is a horrible coach.. I think he is very MEH though.. he has issues and if he was fired today, I wouldn't shed a tear and and if he is back next year, I won't shed a tear.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Okay, check this out it's worth watching. A little insight on why Big Mike is better than we think.. Greg Jennings is a Hall of Fame wide receiver and played with Mike, listen to what he has to say it's pretty interesting..

That was a good video. I can't really stand to hear the media. But I really like the insight that Greg Jenning brings.

First thing that stuck to me is the impact that Mike McCarthy brings. He delegates. Tells everyone that they have a role to play. His role is simple. He handles the media. While the players and the assistants handles the X and Os.

And given that the media is fully focused on his clock management rather than issues such as Kazee's DWI or Collins suspension, he is truly doing a damn good job.

ESisback

Reaction score
Acho = Sharpe = SAS
Typical stuff. But at times can be entertaining. Acho is not as bad or arrogant as the other 2 though. At least he is not a loud mouth type guy.
All for ratings, I don't believe these guys truly believe most of what the script tells them to say.

But most shows anymore are a .. point - counter point .. type show, but it keeps people employed. I usually to not watch them unless a clip is posted on here.
Exactly. Acho (I call him Oucho, or sometimes Achoo) always takes whatever view opposes the Cowboys. He comes off as an arrogant peacock, a newer version of Shannon Sharpe. Turn the channel.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Okay, check this out it's worth watching. A little insight on why Big Mike is better than we think.. Greg Jennings is a Hall of Fame wide receiver and played with Mike, listen to what he has to say it's pretty interesting..

Hof wide receiver?????

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don’t trust Mike McCarthy to properly call a timeout much less trust him to properly guide this team to a Super Bowl.

I trust our coordinators and our talent but McCarthy? He is a weakness and needs to step his game up.

But…

Still way better than Garrett.
What coach do you trust to get you to the Super Bowl that we can get?

johneric8

Reaction score
Yea because every coach would give a 1st time ever coordinator in his first year full control over the entire Offense. That makes sense. What you are seeing is a growth from Moore that can only happen given experience.. not that Garrett was holding him back.. that's just silly. And every coach from the dawn of the NFL has his way to play the game.. and every coach under him better adapt or they will be gone.. just like in any business.. When the CEO makes a decision.. it's done. I don't think McCarthy is a horrible coach.. I think he is very MEH though.. he has issues and if he was fired today, I wouldn't shed a tear and and if he is back next year, I won't shed a tear.
Dude, Jason Garrett hand cuffed Kellen Moore it was obvious.. I said it while it was happening and most of you didn't believe me, but it's facts as far as I'm concerned.. Garrett was horrible with delegation, putrid..

johneric8

Reaction score
Who kept saying?
I thought ocho and the other cat were saying he was a hall of famer? Look, I was working at the same time and may of misheard.. Bottom line just listen to Jennings, it was interesting to me so I shared.. God Bless..

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I thought ocho and the other cat were saying he was a hall of famer? Look, I was working at the same time and may of misheard.. Bottom line just listen to Jennings, it was interesting to me so I shared.. God Bless..
Yeah no, not going at you just wanted to know who thought he was a HOFer cause I know he had a couple good seasons but def not hof worthy.

DenCWBY

Reaction score

Well I guess that resolves that argument. TG I thought we'd be talkin about big Mike all season. :muttley: