Jeremiah - Best fit for Cowboys?

cowboyec

Reaction score
Hurst is one of my guys.
Would LOVE for him to be the pick.
Along the DLine I like Hurst or if they go DE again,Marcus Davenport,Utsa.
I think Maurice Hurst is the best interior DT in the class.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I'd love it, I keep my eye on Cowboys history and think not.
The other I really like is Payne att he D1

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
Meh, I’d be underwhelmed. I don’t want to draft a 3T with a premium draft pick unless David Irving isn’t on the team anymore.

cnuball21

Reaction score

My problem with this is they may already have their 3 in Collins and they just screwed him up playing him out of position.

I'm just not that big on Collins and think he's very pedestrian against the run. He's one dimensional to me, and if the team feels Hurst is a solid upgrade I'd be all in.

People bring up Irving as well but he plays all over the line and would still get a lot of snaps.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I dunno if there is a end all be all "best fit" guy at 19.We just need to add very good players...smart players. I'm not as much hung up on position,as I just want a good player.

Sydla

Reaction score
Unless this team gets a real 1 Tech in FA, taking Hurst gives you a team with a bunch of guys who are 3 Techs and one guy coming off injury as the lone real 1 Tech.

And if the plan is Collins is our 1 Tech going forward, that’s dumb.

Aven8

Reaction score
My problem with Hurst is his weight. Aaron Donald was small, but not so light. This dude is 265. I think we have a similar player in Lewis Neal.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is starting to infuriate me.
Between Irving and Collins we have no need for another 3 tech.
This defensive scheme is pissing me off and marinellis pig headed attitude is gripping my ****.
Draft a 1tech and help both the run d and protect our Mike.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

My problem with this is they may already have their 3 in Collins and they just screwed him up playing him out of position.

The only thing you can hope for is that it was done out of necessity since the Paea signing blew up in their face and Brian Price got injured.

Personally, I don't even think Collins is a quality 3-T, at least in the sense you would want if you aspire for more than just "solid".

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This defensive scheme is pissing me off and marinellis pig headed attitude is gripping my ****.

I keep on seeing the idea that Dallas needs to load up on LBers.

They do, but it really won't matter if the interior front can't keep blockers off of them.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
I am right there with ya UJ. Marinelli doesn't get it. He is good on one hand as he does seem to be able to motivate his defense to give it their all. But on the other hand he seems blind as a bat about how to assemble a defense to stop the run. It is absolutely bizarre.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Marinelli did well in 2014,16...with players that no one gave a second look.