Jeremiah - Best fit for Cowboys?

Rayman70

Reaction score
He’s picked the FAs.

Paea was his guy. Carroll was his guy. Thornton was his guy. He’s the one who stuck with Hayden.

Your attempts to make Marinelli into some poor victim here is laughable.
What choice did he have? Dallas was bargain basement shopping...and it didnt work out. Marinelli is given a short list...he suggests...and thats where it ends. Your pretty funny tho.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I am sure a lot of coaches could succeed and develop a rep as a guru with those players.

His track record since is not even close in who he has pushed for as a head coach in Detroit or in Chicago and Dallas as a defensive coordinator.

Even his Bear defenses inherited players like Urlacher and Lance Briggs.
Time will tell I guess.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I'm just curious what you're looking for out of a DT at the combine?

we desperately need better pass rush from the both DT,i am not sure Irving will play for us after this year.I like Hurst but i would pass on him if he is closer to 270 LBs.

cnuball21

Reaction score
we desperately need better pass rush from the both DT,i am not sure Irving will play for us after this year.I like Hurst but i would pass on him if he is closer to 270 LBs.

I get that, but what does the combine have to do with DT pass rush ability?

reddyuta

Reaction score
I get that, but what does the combine have to do with DT pass rush ability?

Like i said i think Hurst is an ideal fit for our scheme but i want to see how much he weighs and how that translates into some Combine metrics .

cnuball21

Reaction score
Like i said i think Hurst is an ideal fit for our scheme but i want to see how much he weighs and how that translates into some Combine metrics .

Ok so you're just looking to see his weigh in, got it.

In that case, the only thing he'll be doing that's important to me is his weigh in and arm length. His tape is epic.

Soonerman1

Reaction score
just when Im about to settle on a DT....I remember....since Jimmy left,they have NOT drafted a DT in Rd 1.
I have a thought even better if they draft a OG at 19, we would have 5 offensive lineman ( Collins would have been first man pick) and Elliot (4th overall) And Dez we would have 5 OL, RB, WR as 1st round picks and zero “0” absolutely none in our starting front 7, how can our front office not see this huge discrepancy. No first rounders in front 7.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Using your statement, any name could be inserted there. My name, your name, the maid's name etc. It is amazing how great players can make any coach seem good.

I'm kinda surprised at this statement. I do agree that great players are key to coaching success. However, I believe that we have great players on the Offensive side of the ball. We have, arguably, the best OL in the NFL, when healthy. We have, arguably, the best RB in the league. We have one of the top WRs in the NFL, when used properly. We have one of the best young QBs in the league when not forced to win games by himself. We have a HOF TE. Yet, with all of this talent on Offense, they under performed. I mean, I'm not just talking about losing games, the Offense slipped dramatically, statistically, so you can't even say that it was mostly due to the Defense.

I think it takes both. I do believe that coaching matters.

Soonerman1

Reaction score
My point
I'm kinda surprised at this statement. I do agree that great players are key to coaching success. However, I believe that we have great players on the Offensive side of the ball. We have, arguably, the best OL in the NFL, when healthy. We have, arguably, the best RB in the league. We have one of the top WRs in the NFL, when used properly. We have one of the best young QBs in the league when not forced to win games by himself. We have a HOF TE. Yet, with all of this talent on Offense, they under performed. I mean, I'm not just talking about losing games, the Offense slipped dramatically, statistically, so you can't even say that it was mostly due to the Defense.

my point exactly. We have all this on offense yet we won’t invest on defense, Taco, not a starter, Jones, talk of moving to corner cause he isn’t performing at safety, no other recent #1 picks on defense. Football is a 3 phase game so invest, draft, and coach it that way

diefree666

Reaction score
no he's not. Marinelli has no say so on who the draft picks and free agents are. If you believe that your mistaken.He has input,but thats it. The final decisions lie with the Jones'and Will McClay. He IS NOT THE REASON.
there are no indications that Marinelli did not want any of the FA's we have gotten since he has been here. Or any of the Draft Picks. The continued devaluement of the 1Tech position is pretty much proof of that
Could we have used some first rounders there; sure. But other then that he has been given enough chances since he has been here to put together a good D and he has failed. Simply put he needs superior talent to succeed and only a few teams in the league ever have that kind of talent concentrated on one side of the ball. There are several examples out there in the NFL of DC's that can put together excellent D's with about the same talent Dallas has now. We need to get one.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Ivey tells me the game has passed Marinelli by!
funny lol....considering just a year and a half ago that same guy had helped us reach the playoffs and have a 13-3 record. Funny how quickly fans are willing to turn on the coaches...its not like we just won 2 games. We were only one win away from the playoffs.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I agree that it takes both and I also agree that the team often under-performs. To use a boxing expression, rarely does the team punch above its weight class. To me, that is a coaching issue. While Garrett has had his (good) moments as a coach, when was the last time that you honestly felt he actually out-coached the other team?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I agree that it takes both and I also agree that the team often under-performs. To use a boxing expression, rarely does the team punch above its weight class. To me, that is a coaching issue. While Garrett has had his (good) moments as a coach, when was the last time that you honestly felt he actually out-coached the other team?
The Lions playoff game in 2016

Rayman70

Reaction score
What a dark place the NFL is in...sad state of affairs when one is vilified for questioning those in power. Reminds me of Washington D.C. and the swamp. Cause and affect. Question authority..thus being deemed a threat= Public scolding and punishment via any means. We all ought to be very scared right about now.