COLLEGE
Notre Dame
POSITION OLB
HEIGHT 6'2"
WEIGHT 216 lbs

lve is just a hurt LB and Jaylon is crap

Beaker42

Reaction score
He reminds me a lot of Isaiah Simmons. Obviously not the same athletic profile, but sort of that hybrid/rover role.

Tough to get guys to thrive like that in the NFL.
I’d stick him at SS.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I’d stick him at SS.
Yea, that's probably where he'll land.

Problem is, he doesn't do a lot in coverage. I don't mind drafting, say, Budda Baker, but it would have to be way later than where he's projected.

Sydla

Reaction score
Very athletic, active kid. But I am not sure he's a LB at this level with that size. If you had a creative DC on your team, which we certainly do not, you could probably find ways to use him.

He's arguably one of their 3-4 best defenders, behind the Hamilton kid at S, who is a total stud, and Foskey, the edge kid who is a freak.

Sydla

Reaction score
I don't really know what Koramoah plays at, but David is listed 20 lbs heavier. Koramoah is only listed at 215. Telvin Smith had a few good years, but I'm not using a first-rounder on that.

Yeah, David weighed in around 235 at the combine, but he played around 220-225 at Nebraska.

You wouldn't use a first round pick on him IMO but I really don't know where he's even projected as a draft prospect a this point.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If you had a creative DC on your team, which we certainly do not
What are you talking about?

We are running a 5 defensive linemen front in today's wide-open, pass-happy, offensive-minded NFL.

That's as "creative" as you can get.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't really know what Koramoah plays at, but David is listed 20 lbs heavier. Koramoah is only listed at 215. Telvin Smith had a few good years, but I'm not using a first-rounder on that.
Yes, Tevin Smith was 218 at the combine. He was drafted in the 5th round.

Koramoah in the 5th would be great.

Koramoah in the 1st does not interest me.

Plankton

Reaction score
Is he a safety playing a hybrid backer position?

He plays the rover position at ND - it's a hybrid safety/linebacker position. JOK is the real deal - fast, excellent tackler, great playing going forward. He has a lot of the skills that Darren Woodson had coming out of ASU.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
He has a lot of the skills that Darren Woodson had coming out of ASU.
Solid comp @Plankton

Owusu-Koramoah may be faster.

Remember, as offenses add these Power Forwards playing Tight Ends, defenses are countering with "positionless" defenders. Guys who are big enough and athletic enough to match-up with these players. I call them "mismatch negaters"

You see defenses hiding non-traditional guys like this at SAM, Strong Safety, or Nickel.

Plankton

Reaction score
Solid comp @Plankton

Owusu-Koramoah may be faster.

Remember, as offenses add these Power Forwards playing Tight Ends, defenses are countering with "positionless" defenders. Guys who are big enough and athletic enough to match-up with these players. I call them "mismatch negaters"

You see defenses hiding non-traditional guys like this at SAM, Strong Safety, or Nickel.

I'm a Notre Dame homer by trade, and I love JOK. I think he's a guy who will be a factor in the NFL, and with the trend starting to go toward 4-2-5 style schemes, he's a perfect fit for that. I do think he's athletic enough to be a SS, but he hasn't had to cover that much in Clark Lea's defense. Would love to see him in a Cowboy uniform.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I'm a Notre Dame homer by trade, and I love JOK. I think he's a guy who will be a factor in the NFL, and with the trend starting to go toward 4-2-5 style schemes, he's a perfect fit for that. I do think he's athletic enough to be a SS, but he hasn't had to cover that much in Clark Lea's defense. Would love to see him in a Cowboy uniform.
I am a Notre Dame hater (USC fan), but the draft nerd in me loved Chase Claypool (super vindicated) and Cole Kmet (only 1 reception so far) last year, and I too am a big fan of Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

From this article:
https://withthefirstpick.com/2020/06/29/2021-nfl-draft-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah-proof-speed-kills/

“The next great hybrid player, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah blurs the line between linebacker and safety. Notre Dame was as comfortably lining him up in the slot as they were rushing him off the edge. A Swiss-army-knife, his blend of length at 6’1″ and speed make his floor tremendous”

Isaiah Simmons-like diversity.

By the way, my two favorite 2022 prospects (yeah I have 2022 favorites, so what?) are LSU Corner Derek Stingley, Jr. and yes, you guessed it, Notre Dame Safety slash freak-of-nature Kyle Hamilton.

All this Fighting Irish love, I feel dirty.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am a Notre Dame hater (USC fan), but the draft nerd in me loved Chase Claypool (super vindicated) and Cole Kmet (only 1 reception so far) last year, and I too am a big fan of Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

From this article:
https://withthefirstpick.com/2020/06/29/2021-nfl-draft-jeremiah-owusu-koramoah-proof-speed-kills/

“The next great hybrid player, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah blurs the line between linebacker and safety. Notre Dame was as comfortably lining him up in the slot as they were rushing him off the edge. A Swiss-army-knife, his blend of length at 6’1″ and speed make his floor tremendous”

Isaiah Simmons-like diversity.

By the way, my two favorite 2022 prospects (yeah I have 2022 favorites, so what?) are LSU Corner Derek Stingley, Jr. and yes, you guessed it, Notre Dame Safety slash freak-of-nature Kyle Hamilton.

All this Fighting Irish love, I feel dirty.

As I said above, Hamilton is a total stud. Foskey, the DE, is another to watch.

ND probably has two more DEs in this coming NFL draft (likely mid to late guys) - Daelin Hayes and Ade Ogundeji.