Twitter: Jerruh is emerging as the driving force behind getting the CBA done

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Marijuana is about to be legal :laugh:

That's Jones' whole bargaining chip: We won't give you any more money, but hey, we'll make marijuana legal.

I hear Randy Gregory immediately tried to sign the agreement, but a bong was used to distract him.

slick325

Reaction score
YES!!! That means it will likely get done well before its expiration.

Curious if he can get enough owners support to force Goodell to cede his "judge and jury" power like the NFLPA and players will likely make a HUGE stink about.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this "bargaining session" will be mostly about the money, as it's always been. every other issue will be used as amelioration to achieve the main goals of the respective parties.
It is ALL about that % of the pie, everything else is secondary.

Some think the pot issue, disciplinary actions will be part of the stonewall from the NFLPA and I couldn't disagree more. None of the teams are willing to give up a % point for pot, not one. Why would they give up money for stupid players?

This CBA is going to center around that 18 game season with the players, if they are willing to do it, wanting 12.5% more money and the owners not wanting to up their expenses like that when they pay a fraction of a regular game check for pretend games. This could very well come down to what the TV nets are willing to do to get an 18 game regular season. I believe they're the ones behind this anyway.

cern

Reaction score
jerry once spearheaded an effort by the nfl to get the nfl network on cable for no additional charge. the effort failed. just being named jerry jones is no guarantee negotiations will go smoother. when the main goal is money, few words will be able to sway the other side. a picture is worth a thousand words. pictures of ben franklin. lots of them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It pretty much already is (which I think it should be) but these knuckleheads not being able to stay off the weed for the short time period they’re allowed to be tested is ridiculous.
I agree but the owners are in a lean toward pot because of the medicinal value, the general consensus of people across the country and the 11th state, another NFL state, IL, making it recreationally legal.

I think some of these owners have talked to the people that know in congress and run that idea up the flagpole to make sure they're not in danger of a backlash since this is still federally illegal.

cern

Reaction score
It is ALL about that % of the pie, everything else is secondary.

Some think the pot issue, disciplinary actions will be part of the stonewall from the NFLPA and I couldn't disagree more. None of the teams are willing to give up a % point for pot, not one. Why would they give up money for stupid players?

This CBA is going to center around that 18 game season with the players, if they are willing to do it, wanting 12.5% more money and the owners not wanting to up their expenses like that when they pay a fraction of a regular game check for pretend games. This could very well come down to what the TV nets are willing to do to get an 18 game regular season. I believe they're the ones behind this anyway.
I agree. the 18 game season will be the paramount issue and how the players will be paid for the two extra games. and also, possibly, the number of bye weeks to help players recover from the grind.

GenoT

Reaction score
Can they get the dictator ousted in the NFL office too.
Unfortunately, Goodell’s locked in for another 3yrs at @$41mil per.

Neither the players or the league are gonna vote to eat that contract and hire someone else for @ the same $$.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On this issue of pot being on the list. Does anyone here really think the union is going to dig their heels in on this issue or give up any points? How many players are nailed each year? Versus how many do we think smoke it and are cautious enough not to get nailed?

The NFLPA came away from the last one bleeding badly, they got what amounted to was a little more time off, they got no more points. The union reps from the teams caught heat from their own players. The owners have their list of everything they're willing to give in to or at least compromise and no where on that list is any % of their take.

Kraft did this last time and now it's Booger's turn. Now, name the first two owners that come to mind when I say the word...... m o n e y?

Now let me ask you a question. The recent news about the NFL is what? Players' salaries, records being set, 35M to a QB with more to follow. 22.5M to a DT, 21M to a DE, 18M to a WR. Now, in a pissing contest, who do you think the public is going to side with and who the pressure will fall on in a standoff? They don't publicize what the owners make, just what these players are making and some are making more in one game than the average Joe will in his lifetime, think about that, one freaking game vs a lifetime of working a real job.

I don't pick sides, I say F'em both, the epitome of greed on display.

aria

Reaction score
I agree but the owners are in a lean toward pot because of the medicinal value, the general consensus of people across the country and the 11th state, another NFL state, IL, making it recreationally legal.

I think some of these owners have talked to the people that know in congress and run that idea up the flagpole to make sure they're not in danger of a backlash since this is still federally illegal.
I’m all for it and think it should be legal for everyone, in every state, recreationally and medicinally but I still find it ridiculous that it’s such a big issue with the players because they can’t put it down for a couple months a year.

I smoked every day for years and once I knew my career wouldn’t allow it I put it down. I miss it and think I would be better off using marijuana than alcohol but I know I can’t touch it until I retire. Believe you me, the day I retire the first thing I’m doing is getting hiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m all for it and think it should be legal for everyone, in every state, recreationally and medicinally but I still find it ridiculous that it’s such a big issue with the players because they can’t put it down for a couple months a year.

I smoked every day for years and once I knew my career wouldn’t allow it I put it down. I miss it and think I would be better off using marijuana than alcohol but I know I can’t touch it until I retire. Believe you me, the day I retire the first thing I’m doing is getting hiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh!
I am a little more lenient than that, make it all legal, cut out the criminal middle men, tax it and earmark 50% of that for substance abuse centers, including alcohol. I am for legalizing all gambling and taxing that as well. Prostitution? Yep, tax it.

This country will never understand that it cannot legislate morality; all they do is enable criminal enterprise and endanger innocent victims.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree. the 18 game season will be the paramount issue and how the players will be paid for the two extra games. and also, possibly, the number of bye weeks to help players recover from the grind.
If they can get the TV nets to up the ante to cover the additional expense of game checks, I think they can get it done. What players aren't want to play two more games for two game checks? That's almost 4M more to Russell Wilson.

Money talks, the aches and pains walk.

aria

Reaction score
I am a little more lenient than that, make it all legal, cut out the criminal middle men, tax it and earmark 50% of that for substance abuse centers, including alcohol. I am for legalizing all gambling and taxing that as well. Prostitution? Yep, tax it.

This country will never understand that it cannot legislate morality; all they do is enable criminal enterprise and endanger innocent victims.
Sounds good to me. The only thing I’m not in favor of legalizing hard drugs (ie cocaine, heroin, meth, etc) for a lot of personal reasons.

aria

Reaction score
I would love to see an Aurora Cannabis commercial during the Super Bowl one day.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds good to me. The only thing I’m not in favor of legalizing hard drugs (ie cocaine, heroin, meth, etc) for a lot of personal reasons.
I get that but I am for making all of it available and affordable for those who need it. Lawyer friend of mine asked me if I am not condoning drug usage and I answered why yes I am. What I am not willing to condone are the innocents hurt in order for someone to support their habit and criminals that do not pay taxes.

We are all paying for this in the enforcement, judicial and penal system and the medical system as well. Let their habits serve the people, not punish them.

We learned nothing from prohibition except how easily to enable organized crime and the users could have cared less who they were supporting.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
well at least jerry continues to try his hand at the business side he is not a gm he cant build a team that can compete for a championship on the field so he keeps to the business side as he should