Jerry’s defense gave up 159 rush yards per game, what’s he gonna do about it?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Screenshot-20210410-173945-Gallery.jpg

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
We will go to a true West

We will go to a West coast offense controling TOP and improve Redzone scoring. This will change how the defense has to play. Trying to throw 10 new guys at our defense. Insures nothing. You improve what he have the personnel to do. Our Offense if healthy equals any in the NFL. We need to average about 25 pts a game..not keep it low scoring trying to win in the 4th Qt.

Carolina Panthers once drafted NT Star Loutelei & 3 Tech Kawaan Short back to back and it took their bottom 20 defense to top 10 thanks to the two complimentary DTs.

jnday

Reaction score
Who needs a defense when your buddy is going to put up 65 points a game, right? You've been telling us for months that all this team needed was for Dak to get signed and it was super bowl time. Like Dak can do it all by himself....... or are you now backing off all the garbage?

With the ridiculous amount he just got paid that's what he better do each week, or he's a failure.
Anything less than 7 passing TDs, 2 rushing TDs and 700+ yards a game passing will be considered a complete failure if Dak doesn’t reach these numbers every game.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So guys what has Jerry and the front office done to improve this 31st ranked rush defense giving up 159 rushing yards per game.

I have yet to see a single move made by this organization to improve this category.

The players they brought in doesn’t move the needle. Carlos Watkins is an undersized DE trying to play DT, his weak butt is going to turn into a I-hop short-stack pancake meal for opposing OL.

Brent Urban is an oversized DE trying to play NT/DT will get thrown around like a cinnamon stick with no bend and ability to play with leverage.

All i know is any loss this team takes and the defense gives up 30+ point will not be on DAK. Matter of fact he will be asking for 50 million per year to carry weight of the 31st ranked Defense?

P.S. just about every high-powered offense lost the SB besides New Orleans Saints that also had top 12 defense that year.

https://youtu.be/P0zuCOfcSjc

I hope we take a defensive tackle in the second round

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He is gonna to do the obvious and draft a TE. Who could be upset with an atrocious defense as you watch the game in your shiny new $120 Pitts jersey?
Not going to happen. We’re taking a cornerback a defensive tackle a cornerback and then a linebacker

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What about the Chiefs in 2019? The Eagles in 2017? The Packers in 2010? The Colts in 2006? The Patriots in 2004? The Rams in 1999?

You literally just made that stat up. MANY prolific offenses have won the super bowl recently.
all those teams you list their defense played good in playoffs and SB.
Defenses dont have to be top ranked, they just have to play good during playoffs.
Same for offense, they have to be good during playoffs and SB. Ranks dont really matter just how they play once in playoffs.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Round 1 Surtain or Horn

Round 2 Alim McNeill

Round 3 Baron Browning

Somewhere In Round 4 or 5, add Bobby Brown, Marlon Tuipulotu, Khyiris Tonga, or Tedarrell Slaton. Lunch pail, artery cloggers.

Still sign Malik Hooker in free agency.

Stop thinking the guys you overdrafted (Trysten Hill) or overpaid (Anthony Brown, Jaylon Smith) or going to miraculously become better players than what they've shown to be.

Stop adding depth behind awful starters. Upgraded the starters. The Front Office's ego won't let them admit their starters are inadequate.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So guys what has Jerry and the front office done to improve this 31st ranked rush defense giving up 159 rushing yards per game.

I have yet to see a single move made by this organization to improve this category.

The players they brought in doesn’t move the needle. Carlos Watkins is an undersized DE trying to play DT, his weak butt is going to turn into a I-hop short-stack pancake meal for opposing OL.

Brent Urban is an oversized DE trying to play NT/DT will get thrown around like a cinnamon stick with no bend and ability to play with leverage.

All i know is any loss this team takes and the defense gives up 30+ point will not be on DAK. Matter of fact he will be asking for 50 million per year to carry weight of the 31st ranked Defense?

P.S. just about every high-powered offense lost the SB besides New Orleans Saints that also had top 12 defense that year.

https://youtu.be/P0zuCOfcSjc

One of you’re worst thread ever and coming from you, that’s saying A LOT.

Sydla

Reaction score
Add a couple of JAG DTs on the cheap and hope Quinn can pull a Jesus and turn water into wine.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
all those teams you list their defense played good in playoffs and SB.
Defenses dont have to be top ranked, they just have to play good during playoffs.
Same for offense, they have to be good during playoffs and SB. Ranks dont really matter just how they play once in playoffs.

no I agree, but his point was a top offense somehow diminishes your chances of winning a super bowl, which is a blatant myth.

Balanced teams are best, great O’s and D’s

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I need my fix for real DT/ NT!

*Fletcher Cox? I don't know any other way to say it : he's an impressive football player, bound to elevate the game play of his immediate teammates out on the field.
Tho, the reason of my participation in this thread is pose the question: what did Dallas do about Aldon Smith? Did he walk? Are they negotiating terms?,,, Is he signed?
( Somewhere) I think was sportin' #56

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A terrible run D pretty much kills our pass rush too. My guess is they're rolling with Hill and Galimore on the interior. Is Hamilton still on the team?
With the 2nd round pick at 44 if not a trade up, the interior can start looking really young and talented quickly with a pick like Nixon or Onwonuzurike.
If we came away with either at 44 this DL just got a lot better.