Jerry’s defense gave up 159 rush yards per game, what’s he gonna do about it?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Who needs a defense when your buddy is going to put up 65 points a game, right? You've been telling us for months that all this team needed was for Dak to get signed and it was super bowl time. Like Dak can do it all by himself....... or are you now backing off all the garbage?

With the ridiculous amount he just got paid that's what he better do each week, or he's a failure.
I tend to agree! With what Dak is getting paid I have no sympathy for him. He needs to produce like an elite QB and find ways to win shoot outs. This defense will be better by hiring Quinn and the draft. The problem is we have seen games where this offense stinks against decent teams. Dak cannot afford to be having 0 TD 200 yd passing games with the score being 10 to 9. I don't care if Zeke only has 45 yds rushing this is Daks team and the pressure is on his shoulders.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw what you did there, you perv.
When we used to have the old Cowboys fan forum, instead of pressing the report button we would battle with little phrases like that. I had over 100,000 posts and never press the report button I’m pretty proud of that. And we did battle On the old site. We discussed everything from how big is she two aliens LOL I think that’s why they shut it down. Welcome to the forum my cowboy brother

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I tend to agree! With what Dak is getting paid I have no sympathy for him. He needs to produce like an elite QB and find ways to win shoot outs. This defense will be better by hiring Quinn and the draft. The problem is we have seen games where this offense stinks against decent teams. Dak cannot afford to be having 0 TD 200 yd passing games with the score being 10 to 9. I don't care if Zeke only has 45 yds rushing this is Daks team and the pressure is on his shoulders.
35 points a game until he got hurt. I see no reason why we can’t repeat that. And we lost because of the defense still. That means we were scoring quickly also. I want to go back to the old dink dunk style football methodic bowl control balance

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So guys what has Jerry and the front office done to improve this 31st ranked rush defense giving up 159 rushing yards per game.

I have yet to see a single move made by this organization to improve this category.

The players they brought in doesn’t move the needle. Carlos Watkins is an undersized DE trying to play DT, his weak butt is going to turn into a I-hop short-stack pancake meal for opposing OL.

Brent Urban is an oversized DE trying to play NT/DT will get thrown around like a cinnamon stick with no bend and ability to play with leverage.

All i know is any loss this team takes and the defense gives up 30+ point will not be on DAK. Matter of fact he will be asking for 50 million per year to carry weight of the 31st ranked Defense?

P.S. just about every high-powered offense lost the SB besides New Orleans Saints that also had top 12 defense that year.

https://youtu.be/P0zuCOfcSjc

Draft a defensive tackle in the second round. And they should take the linebacker with the first pick

Flamma

Reaction score
With the 2nd round pick at 44 if not a trade up, the interior can start looking really young and talented quickly with a pick like Nixon or Onwonuzurike.
If we came away with either at 44 this DL just got a lot better.

Yes, interior line. I was watching the mock they have on NFL network. They have us going DE at 10. One of the least places of need.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
35 points a game until he got hurt. I see no reason why we can’t repeat that. And we lost because of the defense still. That means we were scoring quickly also. I want to go back to the old dink dunk style football methodic bowl control balance
I like Dak too, but I don’t have selective memory regarding his play before he got hurt. The offense and Dak gained a lot of yards and scored a lot of points, but also made a lot of mistakes and put the defense in bad situations a lot. Also, as you should know, Dak and the O gained a ton of yards and points in garbage time when the game was already lost.

Dak needs a defense to win a Super Bowl. I wish he would have taken about 33-35 million instead of 40+ million a year. The money Dak saved the team, could have been spent on someone like KJ Wright prior to the draft. One of our major needs checked of prior to the draft!

Does Dak REALLY care about winning when he takes every penny possible? He knows we have a lot less to spend on the TEAM when he negotiates for every stinking penny!

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I like Dak too, but I don’t have selective memory regarding his play before he got hurt. The offense and Dak gained a lot of yards and scored a lot of points, but also made a lot of mistakes and put the defense in bad situations a lot. Also, as you should know, Dak and the O gained a ton of yards and points in garbage time when the game was already lost.

Dak needs a defense to win a Super Bowl. I wish he would have taken about 33-35 million instead of 40+ million a year. The money Dak saved the team, could have been spent on someone like KJ Wright prior to the draft. One of our major needs checked of prior to the draft!

Does Dak REALLY care about winning when he takes every penny possible? He knows we have a lot less to spend on the TEAM when he negotiates for every stinking penny!
good post, and the answer is no he does not prioritize winning a SB.
Like jerry he wants to win one, but only if he can make max money too. GREED over winning.

Dak could get by fine on 35 mil a year lol, but he was greedy, and will be greedy again in 3 years.
he isnt the only player who wants max money more than winning, add ewok, cooper, lawrence , jaylon to that list.

The only issue here is what would be done with the money that was saved, so really if a player takes less, like say dak, then he has
a say in how that extra 10 mil is spent, then a player might be willing to take less.
I know if I was a star player, and took 10 mil less, and the gm then didnt use it or didnt use it wisely on what was needed, I would be mad
about that.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@Dak_Attack_09 I see it as McCarthy and the players responsibility to get it done. Yeah, yeah, the buck stops with Jerry but it is the players and coaches who need to step up and produce.

It isn't Jerry who is missing tackles, making business decisions on the field, and blowing assignments. If the players would only play solid, smart, fundamental football on defense instead of freelancing and half-rear ended effort at tackling, they would be much improved.

Yes, it is Jerry's fault for overpaying players like Lawrence and Jaylon Smith, and McCarthy's fault for not holding the knucklehead players accountable, and the players' fault for not manning up and playing good football.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I say we need to trade down with NE to 15. We need bodies/picks. Gives us some ammo to move back up as well. Sitting pat isnt the way to go this year. I love Tevin Jenkins. I would be fine with him late 1 or early round 2. He solves alot of ills on the oline. Makes us better in so many ways. Helps Zeke.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
"What's he gonna fo about it?" o_O
He hired Quinn!

Looks like he put all his chips in on offense giving Dak the big contract and then hired a new scapegoat, uh i mean DC , to coach up the defense by signing just pawns, no knights, bishops, queens or kings..... In the meantime, MM is smiling ear to ear he ain't on the hot seat for a change.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Everybody needs a defense to win a Super Bowl Siri how do you feel about Elliot taking every penny possible before his contract was even ready. At least Prescott Waited for his to expire.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score

This is a tired take. None of the games were out of reach.

Lost to Rams 20-17
Beat Falcons 40-39
Lost to 38-31. Led 31-30 with 4 minutes left and the defense gave up the winning TD
Lost to Brows 49-38. Down 41-14 after 3. Came back and got to within a FG with just under 4 minutes left before OBJ's long TD run iced it

The only game where you can remotely say we were out of it was the Cleveland game, but we still pulled within a FG late in the game. Any kind of defense played at all in those 3 losses and we likely start 5-0.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Looks like he put all his chips in on offense giving Dak the big contract and then hired a new scapegoat, uh i mean DC , to coach up the defense by signing just pawns, no knights, bishops, queens or kings..... In the meantime, MM is smiling ear to ear he ain't on the hot seat for a change.
yeah signed dak for fix on O, signed quinn for fix on def, so the rest is trivial lol. They will add some guys and hype them up,
and have full stadium each game if allowed lol.
And pitts would be great addition for the circus .