Jerry and Gene Jones give $7.5 million to help improve cancer care in North Texas

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
It's grandstanding...@ it's worst. If you want to give...that's great. Do it privately. Instead...Jerry pulls a look @ me move. Attention whoring using suffering people to get attention. How much lower can this man stoop?:rolleyes:
I get where you're coming from although I'm certain those people at that Cancer Center don't a flying whatsit about his grandstanding.
And neither do the patients that stand to benefit from this.

I do see where your disgust is directed though and I respect it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
It's grandstanding...@ it's worst. If you want to give...that's great. Do it privately. Instead...Jerry pulls a look @ me move. Attention whoring using suffering people to get attention. How much lower can this man stoop?:rolleyes:

only someone on extremecowboyszone.com could find a way to crap on Jones for donating $7.5 million

Corso

Reaction score
good, you need to remember
Don't worry. From your keyboard to God's ears.
Not mine...
Because I will do what I will, but yes -
I'll put it up there:

"Let the irresponsible spend however. No instruction need be involved"

Fun!

Plumfool

Reaction score
I get where you're coming from although I'm certain those people at that Cancer Center don't a flying whatsit about his grandstanding.
And neither do the patients that stand to benefit from this.

I do see where your disgust is directed though and I respect it.

I don’t. Who cares why? It’s to help fight cancer! If you have to complain that someone is doing anything to help fight this horrible disease then you’re the bad person.

Corso

Reaction score
I don’t. Who cares why? It’s to help fight cancer! If you have to complain that someone is doing anything to help fight this horrible disease then you’re the bad person.
You and I are of kindred spirits.
I just try to understand other points of view along the way of me not stopping my journey.
You're probably the same.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Donating to help cure a disease? HOW LOW CAN THAT MAN STOOP!

A guy worth 6.8 BILLION dollars.....some how manages to scrape together 7 million for a tax write off. And we the public are supposed to buy into this BS?

Seriously...how quickly does 6.8 billion accumilate in interest on a daily basis? Yeah..It sucks to be rich...and pretend to do things out of the goodness of ones heart.

All Jerry is trying to do is buy himself some street cred before this abomination of a contract w/ Dak. Sorry...I'm not buy it. I've seen too many Jerry bufoonery acts to know better. :rolleyes:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Billionaires giving pocket change.

Rich folks need to do much much more

Sadly...I think the price of sweats probably went up from 90.00 to a C-note inside the Cowboys store. Literally. Jerry Jones doesn't lose money...nor does he just give it away.:rolleyes:

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Billionaires giving pocket change.

Rich folks need to do much much more
I would venture to say that the Jones family has given way more than their pocket change over the years. I would guess that he has given probably 10x that amount without anybody knowing about it.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
A guy worth 6.8 BILLION dollars.....some how manages to scrape together 7 million for a tax write off. And we the public are supposed to buy into this BS?

Seriously...how quickly does 6.8 billion accumilate in interest on a daily basis? Yeah..It sucks to be rich...and pretend to do things out of the goodness of ones heart.

All Jerry is trying to do is buy himself some street cred before this abomination of a contract w/ Dak. Sorry...I'm not buy it. I've seen too many Jerry bufoonery acts to know better. :rolleyes:
Jerry bufoonery acts as GM. This is totally different. I can separate the person from the GM.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
How much of that went to the players, coaches, stadium maintenance, employee's that work at the stadium and so on?

None.

The $600 million Jerry gets from the sponsors paying to use Cowboy logo and name affiliation.

The Team and operations are handled through the Stadium and ticket sales. Which we also pay for.

DHCBF66

Reaction score
None.

The $600 million Jerry gets from the sponsors paying to use Cowboy logo and name affiliation.

The Team and operations are handled through the Stadium and ticket sales. Which we also pay for.
so basically "we the fans" did not pay JJ the $600 million, it was the sponsors....

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
None.

...minus players' salaries (e.g. the salary cap), which are monies allocated equally to league teams from network television broadcasting contracts.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
...minus players' salaries (e.g. the salary cap), which are monies allocated equally to league teams from network television broadcasting contracts.

No that money comes from Football operations.
Ticket sales - luxury suites, parking,.....

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
There are two revenue flows for every team.
1 - which the Cowboys have the largest - outside sponsors. Those companies who pay to use DALLAS COWBOYS logo or be affiliated with them.
2 - Football revenue. All Monies the Dallas Cowboys take in directly from football. TV, Gate, Parking, concessions, luxury boxes.