Twitter: Jerry and the curtains

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Curtains would help both teams just as the sun glare hurts both teams. So what difference does it make if the curtains were there or not?

BobSacamano

Reaction score
In fairness to Jerry, I believe he was overstating the case. I think what he was meaning to say was that that issue was far down on his list. I agree that the stadium orientation it is a microcosm of all that is wrong with him. Just saying.

To be honest if everyone carried their load then that would have just served as a comic interlude, not the tragicomedy it eventually turned out to be.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Jerry will continue to brush it off but you can tell it is hurting him inside and there's nothing he can do about it! He is too proud to admit he was wrong
that could be it, but I have another theory that he is just partially insane.
He is quite smart in some areas, and quite stupid in some areas, but there is a insane side of him too.
Also he has been corrupted by too much power and by too much money.

The question is maybe not why wont he use curtains, but after seeing his response, is why does he consider it insignificant ??
To me the only answer is the insane aspect of his personality. If it makes no sense it is insane.

Some said well it affects both teams, but if the other team is smart enough to scheme plays to avoid that area of sun, then it will
only affect the cowboys, whose coaches clearly cant do that lol, as evidenced in this game.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It could have just as easily worked against the other team.

My question is why didn't the staff know this amd plan for it?

Maybe call a play that doesn't require your WR to stare into the sun?

Why would you even make it a factor when you could simply do something to fix the whole situation?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Curtains would help both teams just as the sun glare hurts both teams. So what difference does it make if the curtains were there or not?
lol how about this, lets turn off the lights in the stadium at random intervals, done by a computer, it will affect both teams, so what diff would it make?:rolleyes::D

Bottom line is dak and our receivers have enough to worry about without adding the intense sun in their eyes on some plays.

plymkr

Reaction score
Is Jerry Jones, the owner of the most valuable sports franchise on planet earth, the final word on the curtain at AT&T stadium? Surely he can delegate this to Stephen or junior?

And that's called misdirection. Narcissistic misdirection is when a narcissist talks about the other problems he has in an attempt to make you feel sorry for him so you'll stop questioning the narcissist about his mistakes. This is text book stuff here.

BleedSilverandBlue

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This would be like Parcells back when not knowing how to play the tricky wind in the Meadowlands in January and blaming the owner.

This is literally an entirely different situation. The glare is caused directly by a poor stadium design that has been well documented. Wind at the meadowlands is #1) unavoidable and #2) not something the owner could easily fix at this point.

In Dallas' case The Owner has had a decade+ to remedy the glare but refuses to do so. I don't even care if it has impacted the Cowboys and their opponents equally, it is absolutely ridiculous that any team playing at AT&T should have to deal with it just because ole Jerry is too dense and stubborn to fix it.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Hopefully the other 9,999 items on his list include purging most of this roster and coaches, finding a new GM and look into a nice retirement. But nope!

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Why does it even have to be curtains? If you want to keep the look, add a tint which will help not make the light so blinding.

Romo and Crayton were complaining about the sun in like 2009 or so, I don't know why it wasn't addressed.
If I was rich like Jerrah and wiped my arse with $100 bills I'd put curtains up and hire someone to close 'em when we needed 'em closed and open 'em when it could hurt the opposing team.

It's not like it's very difficult.

As my old college coach used to say, "The (feces) ain't that hard."

rags747

Reaction score
Lots of Wendy Whiners here, oh the sun was too bright, the stadium is east to west, the refs were against us, the toilet paper was too rough, the food and drinks are too expensive and on and on and on. The team sucked the big one, that is why we lost. Has nothing to do with Climate Change people.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
lol how about this, lets turn off the lights in the stadium at random intervals, done by a computer, it will affect both teams, so what diff would it make?:rolleyes::D

Bottom line is dak and our receivers have enough to worry about without adding the intense sun in their eyes on some plays.
It doesn't matter if it affects both teams the same. You are coming at this just from the perspective of how it affects the Cowboys.

BleedSilverandBlue

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lots of Wendy Whiners here, oh the sun was too bright, the stadium is east to west, the refs were against us, the toilet paper was too rough, the food and drinks are too expensive and on and on and on. The team sucked the big one, that is why we lost. Has nothing to do with Climate Change people.

No one here is saying we lost because of the sun. We lost because we suck and that is very obvious. If you actually bothered to read the thread, it would be very obvious that what everyone is saying is that is is absolutely ridiculous to allow a problem with such a simple remedy to continue at your stadium for no other reason but to preserve Jerry's ego.

BleedSilverandBlue

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It doesn't matter if it affects both teams the same. You are coming at this just from the perspective of how it affects the Cowboys.

Dallas plays 8 games in AT&T a year. Other teams play no more than 1. For this reason over a whole season Dallas would be the most impacted by the glare. Pretty simple.

That being said, the glare is not what causes us to lose games. Dallas loses because they are a broken franchise however, why would you let the glare to continue to impact games when the fix is so incredibly simple? The answer is Jerry's ego is so fragile he refuses to make a change and admit he messed up.

rags747

Reaction score
This is literally an entirely different situation. The glare is caused directly by a poor stadium design that has been well documented. Wind at the meadowlands is #1) unavoidable and #2) not something the owner could easily fix at this point.

In Dallas' case The Owner has had a decade+ to remedy the glare but refuses to do so. I don't even care if it has impacted the Cowboys and their opponents equally, it is absolutely ridiculous that any team playing at AT&T should have to deal with it just because ole Jerry is too dense and stubborn to fix it.
The Meadowlands, Really? The Meadowlands is an absolute dump, the greatest city in the World and they play in a dump in NJ no less. No I’m not sayin NJ is a dump, just the stadium. NJ has some of the worlds best beaches btw, just sayin.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Hopefully the other 9,999 items on his list include purging most of this roster and coaches, finding a new GM and look into a nice retirement. But nope!

It ranks somewhere between taking a deep dive into the brand of mustard used at the concession stands to assessing how many mannequins are needed throughout the Pro Shop.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Dallas plays 8 games in AT&T a year. Other teams play no more than 1. For this reason over a whole season Dallas would be the most impacted by the glare. Pretty simple.

That being said, the glare is not what causes us to lose games. Dallas loses because they are a broken franchise however, why would you let the glare to continue to impact games when the fix is so incredibly simple? The answer is Jerry's ego is so fragile he refuses to make a change and admit he messed up.
You'd have a good point if they played every home game at the same time when the sun is out at the right angle, but they don't. They play a lot of noon games when the sun is at a higher angle and not a problem. They also play many night games. Next season the Cowboys have 9 home games but one of them will be in Mexico so that game will not be hampered by AT&T Stadium's architecture. I agree with you, the glare is not what causes us to lose games so why is it even an issue at all? I don't see it as a disadvantage to the Cowboys any more than it is to the team they are playing. What's actually going on here is you need to make up another excuse to blame Jerry's ego on the team's failures. Grasping at straws every chance you get. :rolleyes:

MS17

Reaction score
It ranks somewhere between taking a deep dive into the brand of mustard used at the concession stands to assessing how many mannequins are needed throughout the Pro Shop.

and don't forget about the "Jerry and Eugenia Jones Museum of Art at AT&T Stadium"