Twitter: Jerry and the curtains

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You'd have a good point if they played every home game at the same time when the sun is out at the right angle, but they don't. They play a lot of noon games when the sun is at a higher angle and not a problem. They also play many night games. Next season the Cowboys have 9 home games but one of them will be in Mexico so that game will not be hampered by AT&T Stadium's architecture. I agree with you, the glare is not what causes us to lose games so why is it even an issue at all? I don't see it as a disadvantage to the Cowboys any more than it is to the team they are playing. What's actually going on here is you need to make up another excuse to blame Jerry's ego on the team's failures. Grasping at straws every chance you get. :rolleyes:

I don't understand why this is so difficult for you or what point you're trying to prove. Why is it ok to allow an issue to go unresolved for no there reason than sheer stubbornness? I don't even care if it causes only a drop or two each season. The entire point of an indoor stadium is to minimize environmental influence. This type of attitude is the exact thing that poisons organizations. If you want to win details matter and good leaders understand this.

You do realize Jerry is an extremely important decision maker in the organization right? Why is it so insane to think that his narcissism and inability to think objectively about personnel, the stadium, hiring, etc is important? With your line of thinking, GMs don't matter. Coaches don't matter. Nothing matters except for the players. To a degree this is true. Players are the most important part of the puzzle, but do you think Alabama becomes as dominant as it is currently without a leader like Nick Saban? Absolutely not.

Our stadium and the inherent issues with it are a microcosm of the Jerry Jones era in Dallas and if you don't think Jerry is a huge part of the problem, it may be too late for you my friend.

Last edited:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't understand why this is so difficult for you or what point you're trying to prove. Why is it ok to allow an issue to go unresolved for no there reason than sheer stubbornness? I don't even care if it causes only a drop or two each season. The entire point of an indoor stadium is to minimize environmental influence. This type of attitude is the exact thing that poisons organizations. If you want to win details matter and good leaders understand this.

You do realize Jerry is an extremely important decision maker in the organization right? Why is it so insane to think that his narcissism and inability to think objectively about personnel, the stadium, hiring, etc is important? With your line of thinking, GMs don't matter. Coaches don't matter. Nothing matters except for the players. To a degree this is true. Players are the most important part of the puzzle, but do you think Alabama becomes as dominant as it is currently without a leader like Nick Saban? Absolutely not.

Our stadium and the inherent issues with it are a microcosm of the Jerry Jones era in Dallas and if you don't think Jerry is a huge part of the problem, it may be too late for you my friend.
Then it's too late. We just disagree. I agree with Jerry, it's not a priority on his list of things that need his attention right now.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I get the curtains thing but it was one play in the game. I think it’s being way overblown. Just like the ref thingy. Do your jobs and we don’t have to rely on one play or another to win a game.

most teams have outdoor stadiums as well with a ton of elements. This is the first time I can remember the sun had a major impact on a play since the new stadium has been open.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
it's not a priority on his list of things that need his attention right now.

A good leader delegates. There’s not another owner in the league that would be in charge of something like this.

It’s like the President wanting to be personally involved with how the grass gets mowed at the White House. It would be tough to get anything important done.

elcowboi

Reaction score
The Cowboys will continue to be allowed to play terrible football having a horrible owner/gm that is this incompetent.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A good leader delegates. There’s not another owner in the league that would be in charge of something like this.

It’s like the President wanting to be personally involved with how the grass gets mowed at the White House. It would be tough to get anything important done.
I'm just telling you what the man said. I agree with you. He should tell Charlotte Jones to take care of the curtain issue.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Then it's too late. We just disagree. I agree with Jerry, it's not a priority on his list of things that need his attention right now.
Well then, why is it that this team knows its a problem and yet they run a play right in the glaring sunlight. Explain that one.

Cmac

Reaction score
Why does it even have to be curtains? If you want to keep the look, add a tint which will help not make the light so blinding.

Romo and Crayton were complaining about the sun in like 2009 or so, I don't know why it wasn't addressed.
JJ got enough revenue and pocket change to fix that, once and for all. Want the curtains open......do it for night games to see the real stars.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
This is literally an entirely different situation. The glare is caused directly by a poor stadium design that has been well documented. Wind at the meadowlands is #1) unavoidable and #2) not something the owner could easily fix at this point.

In Dallas' case The Owner has had a decade+ to remedy the glare but refuses to do so. I don't even care if it has impacted the Cowboys and their opponents equally, it is absolutely ridiculous that any team playing at AT&T should have to deal with it just because ole Jerry is too dense and stubborn to fix it.
I'm getting older and maybe I'm losing my mind but weren't there curtains in the stadium YEARS ago?

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Didn't the Skins - WFT have an issue earlier in the year when a visiting team complained about the heated benches not working properly. As a result, we brought our own benches to their house when we played them.

So, why not have malfunctioning curtains at Jerryworld, opening and closing depending on who has the ball.
Then maybe the Skins - WFT can bring their our curtains to Jerryworld.
:thumbup:

wecasa

Reaction score
The Jones company fix wouldn't be to draw the curtains to reduce the glare, it would be to petition the league to only have game times when the sun is down or not setting. So all games must be played at noon or 7 pm. It's a league issue, not an stubborn old pickled liver rich man issue...