Twitter: Jerry as GM “You don’t fire yourself”

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Which is why he needs to name himself the head coach.

You don't really think this.

Did you hear his alcohol fueled HOF speech? Borderline incoherent. Then if he refuses to "fire" himself as GM you think he'd fire himself as HC. You want the team to suck beyond how the NYG, Cincy and even the 70's Bucs sucked? I don't think so.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
A lot is going to be made of another quacky Jerryism but who here has fired themself?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This is straight up lunacy. If you isolated this comment and substituted it for a CEO of a big corporation, it sounds even more crazy. And supports my belief he is surrounded by people that tell him what he wants to hear instead of receiving sound advice.

Great leaders have people around them who will tell them the truth and challenge their thinking. Weak leaders surround themselves with yes people who don’t challenge them. Or who surround themselves family members who have daddy issues. This is crazy town.
Yeah... he's surrounded by his direct family that have their positions solely because of him.
Perfectly healthy situation.

Reaction score
We have to find ways to win with him as the GM. That's just the reality.

Just like we had to find ways to win with JAson Garrett as a coach and building a team that could impose it's will with the ground game because our Coach was terrible at breaking down a defense with his play calling ability.

If Jerry hires the right coach and not some buddy this thing will turn around him because the talent is there.
This is the approach we as fans need to take.

Jerry is going nowhere. That's the reality and it's not going to change. There are players in place. This team had a 100+ positive point differential. So there are players they can build around. We just need the right HC.

All we as fans can hope for is that Jerry hires the right guy. If he does, the Cowboys can do good things. We have to hang our hat on that hope. Because that's all there is.

cern

Reaction score
he's irate that his 10 year plan (hiring an unproven ex-player to be your hc) has come to a failed conclusion. so now he's on a rant to defend himself as best he can. he knows he looks the *** clown and is trying to spin himself out of it. it sounds as if he still doesn't have a clue what to do about the season of hope that came crashing down on his head.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is the approach we as fans need to take.

Jerry is going nowhere. That's the reality and it's not going to change. There are players in place. This team had a 100+ positive point differential. So there are players they can build around. We just need the right HC.

All we as fans can hope for is that Jerry hires the right guy. If he does, the Cowboys can do good things. We have to hang our hat on that hope. Because that's all there is.
That’s assuming we need hope to be a fan.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I think hope is required. No hope = loss of interest = fading away = not being a fan. A person might still check the standings or listen to sports radio, but being a fan will fade away. They will be something like a observer.

So yes i think hope is required to be a fan.

Reaction score
If you don't have hope, what the point?

You may as well just walk your dog, go golfing or play Scrabble with your significant other instead of watching the Cowboys. I haven't watched a game since the NE game because because I knew it was hopeless.