Twitter: Jerry as GM “You don’t fire yourself”

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah... he's surrounded by his direct family that have their positions solely because of him.
Perfectly healthy situation.
That alone is organizational lunacy. When Jerry’s check to buy the team in Feb 1989 cleared the bank, essentially he and all his family members became “qualified” for NFL executive positions.

Xeven

Reaction score
If you fire Garret you have to fire the GM for the same reasons. GM is worse record than Coach Garret.

Jerry only ever made one good decision as GM and that was hiring Jimmy Johnson.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you don't have hope, what the point?

You may as well just walk your dog, go golfing or play Scrabble with your significant other instead of watching the Cowboys. I haven't watched a game since the NE game because because I knew it was hopeless.
Fans of dormant teams don’t need hope. You just follow along because they’re your local team much like fans do across the country for less successful teams. Winning just makes it more fun.

GenoT

Reaction score
Nothing but Jerry being Jerry...what else is new?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
At this point, it is wildly inane to still claim that Jerry is a good GM. I was beyond shocked to see someone claim it. Drugs?
They probably think he’s thrown some talent together makes him a good GM ?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point, it is wildly inane to still claim that Jerry is a good GM. I was beyond shocked to see someone claim it. Drugs?
Absolutely. And it adds to the insanity when our fans continue to pretend Jerry is in any way clear thinking and of a sound mind. For anyone serious about winning an NFL championship, his behavior, comments and habits are the opposite of those that have produced the last 23 super bowl winners.

Right now, honestly Jerry Jones is an absolute joke as an NFL GM. And there is only one path to change that which is to let a strong HC run his team. That’s the choice JJ has. Continued mediocrity or a legimate chance to reach a championship again.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Me. And many other business owners. Because we've turned down jobs we were not qualified to do.
That's not firing yourself. He never said "you don't turn down jobs".
He has been 'not qualified' enough to win 3 Super Bowls and create the worlds most valuable sports franchise.

Guessing your businesses are also the worlds most valuable right?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Jerry Jones took a 200k investment it is worth 5 BILLION.

If you are arguing he didn't make the right decisions for his business you are in fact an idiot.

kskboys

Reaction score
Absolutely. And it adds to the insanity when our fans continue to pretend Jerry is in any way clear thinking and of a sound mind. For anyone serious about winning an NFL championship, his behavior, comments and habits are the opposite of those that have produced the last 23 super bowl winners.

Right now, honestly Jerry Jones is an absolute joke as an NFL GM. And there is only one path to change that which is to let a strong HC run his team. That’s the choice JJ has. Continued mediocrity or a legimate chance to reach a championship again.
A person would have to ignore an absolute ton of terrible decisions to even claim Jerry is middle of the pack. To claim that he is good? I can't help it, it makes me wonder about that person's mental health.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry Jones took a 200k investment it is worth 5 BILLION.

If you are arguing he didn't make the right decisions for his business you are in fact an idiot.
Since no one has even remotely made any claim even close to that and this thread isn't even remotely about that, it appears you're off topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
Ask yourself that question, … would you fire yourself .. answer.. hell no.
I would.

Why would you not? That actually makes no sense. If you buy a business put yourself in as the pres/GM, but it becomes apparent after a few years that you are not even close to doing a good job(purely on the football side of it), why would you not remove yourself from that position and hire someone who would be better?

I really don't get your line of thinking.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
A person would have to ignore an absolute ton of terrible decisions to even claim Jerry is middle of the pack. To claim that he is good? I can't help it, it makes me wonder about that person's mental health.
I think there’s some Jerry Homer fans out there? Lol