Jerry: Beckham plane incident not an issue in team interest

Qcard

Reaction score
I don't know about Dak haters ........ But 27 years of futility with hall of Fame players is definitely not the definition of team building
We all know Stephen A Smith business plan!!

Get a new rally call!

wHAt Do fUtIlity mEaN??

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Jerry's fixation on this year over the future shows he should never be a GM.

A team builder he is not.
I would agree and disagree. Dallas has built a good team and finally a decent defense. However, the Joneses have been so adamant about the draft and building for the future, that with both Romo and Dak, they let at minimum a couple of years slip away when we should have been a threat in the playoffs. They have never been willing to go all in for the one season. This year we have a defense. I love that they saw an opportunity to bring in Hankins to strengthen a weakness. OBJ is a chance, even an insurance policy in case Ceedee gets nicked up or controlled by a shutdown corner to have another front lupine option. And in this case, it won’t cost any draft picks. If we think we actually have a chance to get there this year, then go all in now, imo.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry left himself an out by basically insisting that he be able to contribute this season in a big way.
With his health and getting back up to speed and be a factor...
I simply don’t see that happening.
Dallas won’t sign him
Jerry gonna play it out though....you can bet on that

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would agree and disagree. Dallas has built a good team and finally a decent defense. However, the Joneses have been so adamant about the draft and building for the future, that with both Romo and Dak, they let at minimum a couple of years slip away when we should have been a threat in the playoffs. They have never been willing to go all in for the one season. This year we have a defense. I love that they saw an opportunity to bring in Hankins to strengthen a weakness. OBJ is a chance, even an insurance policy in case Ceedee gets nicked up or controlled by a shutdown corner to have another front lupine option. And in this case, it won’t cost any draft picks. If we think we actually have a chance to get there this year, then go all in now, imo.

Beckham is coming off a 2nd ACL tear on the same knee. The odds of him being any real factor in the last month of this season or the playoffs are remote. The only sense it would make to sign him now would be for the future when he may get back to what he used to be.

But leave it to this idiot to see Beckham as a now move.

Last edited:

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
I'd like to know how signing OBJ for 5 games can be construed as not fixated over the future. This is the one time when Dallas *could* pull a Rams this year and make a move to go for it, and people are freaking out. I personally don't think it will happen.

Meanwhile, back to the not thinking about the future remark...how well has Dallas drafted compared to the rest of the league the past several years now? What's the percentage of drafted players on their roster? I bet it's better than the league average. Might be the highest in the NFL. But yeah, not planning for the future includes not drafting well to replace high-priced FAs that leave for more $$. That must be the Dallas Cowboys alright. That's why we have such a crappy 8-3 record. This fanbase sometimes..

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Yeah...we know Dak Haters definition of building a team dismisses a regular Winning Season:lmao2:

Fun fact: I call BS as Dak was 2-3 when he got injured in 2020.

Oh, and fun fact: Dak doesn't have a winning playoff record.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
It's because his liver is counting down the days
FaithWorth.jpg