Jerry, don't take Cowboys fans for granted

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by sportsman, Jan 2, 2020.

1. sportsman

sportsman Well-Known Member

992 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    I have to admit being a Cowboys fan for the last 45 years it would be hard for me to divorce myself as a fan. But I noticed during the 2nd half of this year season. The losses didn't bother me nearly as much. If I had something to do I did it. Did I still want them to win...sure thing. What I'm trying to say is Jerry better be careful. Fans are no fool.
    After years of Garrett. He may lose more fanfare than he thinks.

kskboys, Xelda, Otto65 and 5 others like this.
  2. AmariChill

AmariChill Well-Known Member

4,264 Messages
    7,825 Likes Received
    Too bad he’s still going to get that sweet money in his pocket. Trust me, those country club fans that couldn’t care less about winning are still going to put money in his pocket and give him the attention he wants, and that’s all he cares about.

3. CowboysFever1973

CowboysFever1973 Well-Known Member

319 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    just wait to the 20s with prime dirtball dak

gonna be a long decade of failure and choking away wins

4. DaleMc

DaleMc Well-Known Member

352 Messages
    334 Likes Received
    I am with you here, been a fan for about 48 years and I took many motorcycle rides etc even with a game on because my expectations are low. As long as everyone continues to buy all the Cowboys material, Jerry won't wake up. The last thing I bought was a D Ware jersey, refuse to buy anything else Cowboys until a change comes, can't see myself not being a Cowboys fan but I don't have to support them financial

agk136 and CowboysFever1973 like this.
  5. Jake

Jake Curmudgeon

17,976 Messages
    33,392 Likes Received
  6. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

4,494 Messages
    3,982 Likes Received
    Not enough of us. I didn't watch the last game of the season because I just had no interest. And like I said before, I can handle losses, just not the lack of effort or apparent lack of preparation. I watched every game I could in '88, '89, and '90. Loving it. Two terrible seasons and one 7-9. But what I saw this past season, that's something different. If I start seeing crap like that again midway through the year, I'll probably cut it short.

7. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Staff Member

57,412 Messages
    57,841 Likes Received
    Fans aren’t going anywhere.

8. agk136

agk136 Well-Known Member

589 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    I feel the same way as a 50-year fan. JJ decision is going to make my decision easier. That being purchasing a motorhome and travel next football season.

9. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

4,268 Messages
    727 Likes Received
    Losing fans is like a pimple on a whale’s *** . We have too many fans to be worried about a few small minds who think they make a difference. lol are you serious with this post?

America's Cowboy and AmariChill like this.
  10. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,788 Messages
    12,831 Likes Received
  11. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

8,298 Messages
    14,468 Likes Received
    There's a word called "loyalty." Perhaps you've heard of it.

StarGazer1 likes this.
  12. StarGazer1

StarGazer1 Well-Known Member

123 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Die hard fan for 53 years. I never miss a game and I’ll be watching as long as I’m above ground.

13. 2288doubletrouble

2288doubletrouble Well-Known Member

878 Messages
    1,362 Likes Received
    I will absolutely check out next year if he brings Garrett back. Not wasting time on Sunday’s when the owner isn’t serious about winning but instead making sure his friend has a job.

14. CommonCents

CommonCents New Member

20 Messages
    16 Likes Received

The owner of this team and the front office are seriously disrespecting the football knowledge & patience of its fanbase. They have no idea how much more profitable the team would be if they actually stopped this madness and ran this organization like a pro football team instead of a side show circus. Its beyond embarrassing and I've become completely dispassionate towards the team...I literally dont care anymore...they can win or lose and I generally dont care. I'd rather enjoy watching teams that draft the kind of players I want to see play, and put a winning team together that completes hard year after year for titles. Lamar Jackson and Mark Ingram are way more exciting to watch then Dak & Zeke. The Ravens owner has his stuff together...Jerry is over.

kskboys likes this.
  15. PA Cowboy Fan

PA Cowboy Fan Well-Known Member

20,742 Messages
    41,517 Likes Received
    I've heard of it. It's Jerry's #1 priority for a HC.

16. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

14,231 Messages
    22,224 Likes Received
    What the fans want is irrelevant.........getting his is ego stroked is a much higher priority.

17. ChuckA1

ChuckA1 Zone Supporter

709 Messages
    843 Likes Received
    I've been a fan since '62 , you can do the math. It sure doesn't seem as though he cares about the football fans.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  18. MrPhil

MrPhil Well-Known Member

1,362 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    That is correct but I will find something else to do Sundays. I will always be a Cowboys fan but cant watch this Garrett-coached team anymore.

ChuckA1, SlammedZero and Idgit like this.
  19. clff15701

clff15701 Well-Known Member

313 Messages
    564 Likes Received
    If Jason is back ill stop watching until hes gone. I love the cowboys but I'm not going to spend my time watching if Jerry doesn't care about the fan base.

20. JW82

JW82 JJ21

2,491 Messages
    4,282 Likes Received
    I agree 100% same with me. 44 years actually. The only thing that kept me interested this season was the BS we heard about NFC Championship or bust. I was stoked when this season FINALLY ended and the search would FINALLY begin about 5 years later than I would have started it but is what it is. I cannot bring myself to watch another game with him on the sidelines. It became easier and easier to not pay attention to them this year. I will be out until he’s gone if he comes back. No doubt. Jerry does not deserve the loyalty this team receives. Somethings not right when we care 10 times more than the owner about winning.