Jerry Expects No Elliot vs NYG

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Dak is not going to have a huge year without Zeke. The run game will not be effective without Zeke.

In game adjustments will confuse a rookie OC.

Base defenses (no one in Cowboys backfield to command stack fronts) and heavy blitzes will seriously disrupt Dak and the passing game.

:hammer:just a matter of time. But watch fans blame Dak, the coaches, the D and damn near anything else EXCEPT Zeke holdout

Legend

Reaction score
As annoying as this whole saga is, I don't blame him. You want to hold out with two years left? Fine! But you better take less if you want a new deal this early. I still think something gets done. After roster cuts I'm sure that is what the Jonses will be focusing on. I think Wednesday is the no point of return for Week 1. My hope in that case is that Pollard goes off for 200 yards and 3TD's.
Barkley has a better chance to go for 200 yards and 3 TDs if the Cowboys defense is exploited using the Rams and Colts defensive blueprints and the Cowboys offense cannot consistently move the chains.

Barkley will probably play with an extra chip on his shoulder to show how valuable top RBs are... building on what his friend Zeke is doing.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yep. drafted him in 2 leagues. one at the 2nd pick for just rolling the dice, the other at 4 where he seems to be all the time now. no other RB really had that appeal and i just had to make sure i drafted (2) solid other RB's to put zeke on the bench for a little bit.

in any event, i hate holdouts. but in this case i am still glad jones is holding his ground.
Presumably you drafted Pollard as a handcuff..

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dak is not going to have a huge year without Zeke. The run game will not be effective without Zeke.

Base defenses (no one in Cowboys backfield to command stack fronts) and heavy blitzes will seriously disrupt Dak and the passing game.

Collectivelly the run game with Pollard/Morris will get Zeke's yards. Dak will be Dak with the weapons he has. This is the best WR's he's had.

phildadon86

Reaction score
As annoying as this whole saga is, I don't blame him. You want to hold out with two years left? Fine! But you better take less if you want a new deal this early. I still think something gets done. After roster cuts I'm sure that is what the Jonses will be focusing on. I think Wednesday is the no point of return for Week 1. My hope in that case is that Pollard goes off for 200 yards and 3TD's.
Me too. I drafted him in the last round of both my leagues just in case of this drama.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/pla...york-giants-in-week-1-without-ezekiel-elliott

(Mods please edit/fix Zeke’s name in title :confused:)

Jerry Jones on Ezekiel Elliott: "I'm operating as though right now he's going to miss regular season games. My entire expectation for what we're putting together as a team right now would anticipate with him holding out ... that he's going to miss games. I just accept that."

I have to say that I like he way he is handling this recently.

JayFord

Reaction score
the more I think of it the more I get confused

I’m not mad at Elliott holding out I’m mad how he’s going about it....if he was in the last year of his contract and the organization was non committal towards a new deal and playing with him then fine....holdout

You got Two years left on your deal and you play for a owner who keeps players .....sometimes even players who rightfully deserve to be let go

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Collectivelly the run game with Pollard/Morris will get Zeke's yards. Dak will be Dak with the weapons he has. This is the best WR's he's had.

All these prediction wizards. LOL

The same guys that kept saying Dak sucks and couldnt pass for 200 yards, 300 yards, 400 yards, ect...ect....

Whether its Pollard or Zeke, the run game will depend on the health of the Oline. Which as it appears now, is very good. One thing I am certain of is that Pollard will be an improvement in the passing game over Zeke. My only concern is his durability.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
Barkley has a better chance to go for 200 yards and 3 TDs if the Cowboys defense is exploited using the Rams and Colts defensive blueprints and the Cowboys offense cannot consistently move the chains.

Barkley will probably play with an extra chip on his shoulder to show how valuable top RBs are... building on what his friend Zeke is doing.
I'm just thinking the Giants are going to build week 1 to be their Super Bowl. Young team coming in fired up.

JayFord

Reaction score
One things for sure

Until Elliott gets back every cowboys game I watch is going on mute

Today’s “social media society” is going to mention this 100 times a game and run it into the ground

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Jerry expects Zeke to miss games. Zeke counters with, "I know you are but what am I." Please, Jerry. Don't go back with the rubber/glue line and if you see a flaming bag on your doorstep, don't stamp on it to put it out.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

You're wrong

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Stop saying Jason is going to get another pass. This is the last year of his contract. Despite circumstances on the team he either wins or moves on. They aren't going to give him a 1-year extension.