Jerry: Garrett is safe

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If there’s any question about Jason Garrett’s future with Cowboys, Jerry Jones ended that, while speaking on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. “If Jason Garrett was on the market two weeks ago, he would’ve had five offers for head coach," Jones said. "I know that. And so you’ve got to look at what your alternative is.”

phildadon86

Reaction score

If there’s any question about Jason Garrett’s future with Cowboys, Jerry Jones ended that, while speaking on 105.3 The Fan on Tuesday. “If Jason Garrett was on the market two weeks ago, he would’ve had five offers for head coach," Jones said. "I know that. And so you’ve got to look at what your alternative is.”

Yay!

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yay.

Definite championship.

Definitely championsjip.

RainMan_068Pyxurz.jpg

Titleist

Reaction score
Delusional. No other way to put it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's had too much time.

I don't care if we had Bill Belichick himself. If you have not done anything in the post season for over a decade then you have got to go.

But you do not care about results Jerry Jones. That is the problem.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL. He's insane. But we knew that already.

He needs to convince himself Garrett is a hot commodity in order to justify bringing him back year after year but there is no chance in hell Jason Garrett on the open market would garner 5 offers.

I wish whoever had him on the radio today would have point blank asked him, "How do you know he would have had 5 offers?" I'd have loved to hear him bumble through that explanation.

Sydla

Reaction score
The alternative is............. extend him for a crap ton of money AND scapegoat part of the staff, AGAIN, to cover for the head coach's continued failure to advance this team beyond where it's gone for 8 years.

He's a conundrum............ he's part great owner, part dumbest owner in the NFL.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The alternative is............. extend him for a crap ton of money AND scapegoat part of the staff, AGAIN, to cover for the head coach's continued failure to advance this team beyond where it's gone for 8 years.

He's a conundrum............ he's part great owner, part dumbest owner in the NFL.
His need to be right outweighs his need to win

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Count em. 5 offers.

No coach has gotten 5 offers this offseason. So Jason Garrett would have been the most coveted coach in the league if he was available.

Bathe in it. Tom Landry II.

Oh, and we had the wrong cleats on Saturday. With the right shoes we're probably winning a Championship this year.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Count em. 5 offers.

No coach has gotten 5 offers this offseason. So Jason Garrett would have been the most coveted coach in the league if he was available.

Oh, and we had the wrong cleats on Saturday. With the right shoes we're probably winning a Championship this year.

Wrong cleats? fire the equipment manager, the scapegoat.
I am surprised he didn't spout off the other 547 items on his list. Not that he needs a list.

Sydla

Reaction score
His need to be right outweighs his need to win

Yep.

Its why I chuckle when people claim Jerry really wants to win.

Not really. If he really wanted to win, he'd be dogged in his pursuit of the SB. He wouldn't be afraid of change.

He simply wants to win on his terms, his way. That way he can hog the glory of the run to a championship. But wanting to win your way isn't the same as really wanting to win.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Count em. 5 offers.

How does a professional football team not have the right cleats?