Jerry gets emotional explaining how he cares more about winning than ratings or attendance

JonesBoys

Reaction score
He cares so much about winning that he keeps the same GM who has been horrible for 20 plus years. Sorry Jerrah, not buying your crap. You care more about the spotlight which is why you keep control even though your team is a dumpster fire year after year.

ICP

Reaction score
Relevant and interesting!?!?!? How about Winners and Champions? Lol what am I saying he hasn't even been able to achieve his goal of relevant and interesting.

Sydla

Reaction score
God this is dumber every time someone says it.

This is true for EVERY OWNER IN PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. Show me all the Super Bowl winning owners who didn't take a picture with the trophy. Good lord.

Every owner in professional sports is their team's GM and makes final player personnel decisions?

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Could we just not be relevant for a few seasons and acquire some premium talent?

A great coach would be nice too Jerry.

Im tired of just being relevant.
I agree. But is missing the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years relevant?

Batman1980

Reaction score
I agree. But is missing the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years relevant?

Watching your team stumble to a 6-10 finish against another 6-10 team that couldn't get out of its own way most of the season isn't relevant either. Still think he needs to sit down with Dak and hammer out a new contract ASAP.

RS12

Reaction score
A god awful Raiders franchise and an even worse Jets franchise both have more recent deep playoff runs than Cowboys. Think about that. I will believe Jerry cares about winning the next time the war room cam doesn't have him or little Enos anywhere to be found on draft day.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
A lie and a truth.

The truth:
"First of all" is typically an indication on one's priority
"First of all" and "viewership" in the first sentence

The lie:
The notion that he will alway trade visibility or promotion over "going for the first down" is a huge lie. If it wasn't, he would hired a qualified and most importantly, an accountable General Manager, years ago.

Everyone here who believed or repeated "Jerry cares more about winning than anything else" needs a timeout.

tico

Reaction score
Now he's just a sloppy drunk at this point.
Idiot doesn't know when to humble himself and realize he doesn't know football.
This has no value until Will McClay is promoted to GM....

starman22

Reaction score
God this is dumber every time someone says it.

This is true for EVERY OWNER IN PROFESSIONAL SPORTS. Show me all the Super Bowl winning owners who didn't take a picture with the trophy. Good lord.

Maybe you didn't understand what Diehard was saying, because he was spot on.

What in the world does the owner taking a picture with the Lombardi have to do with the way Jerry runs things?
How many owners that you see taking getting their picture taken with the trophy and you have to read his name on the screen to even know who it is?

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe, but he cares about self gratification over all. I mean, whatever is 2nd on his list is a far far away distant 2nd.

doomsday808

Reaction score
giphy.gif

bewp7

Reaction score
do jerry care more about winning or his ego is the queston!

jerry being gm says N-O!!!!!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Now he's just a sloppy drunk at this point.
Idiot doesn't know when to humble himself and realize he doesn't know football.
This has no value until Will McClay is promoted to GM....

Disagree.