Jerry gets emotional explaining how he cares more about winning than ratings or attendance

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting, since he bragged about leading the league in attendance, about as bush league as you can get considering the shut downs, and then tells his ratings theory after his team gets flexed.

He wants to win and hires a man he's never even met and has to ask his outgoing HC about him and in 12 hours gets seduced at the sleep over? The candidate passed the comfort test as Booger considered if this man would allow him to continue to do what he did with his last HC.

Better not to even address this question than insult the fans' intelligence when they have visible proof to the contrary. He defines winning with the money, the ratings and general attention and lastly on the field.

When he admitted he should have fired the GM, he went from unconscious incompetent to conscious incompetent in 20 seconds. He knows he's not the best man to build a winner but he's going to do it anyway.

I am surprised he took this approach because the last time he was asked about this, his response was a defiant "let them put down 140M of their own money". Jerk, I had 140M and didn't know the team was for sale.

Ya know, we should get some compassion from other fans instead of contempt. We have to put up with a crappy team and this ownership. How about a little pity?

Batman1980

Reaction score
Interesting, since he bragged about leading the league in attendance, about as bush league as you can get considering the shut downs, and then tells his ratings theory after his team gets flexed.

He wants to win and hires a man he's never even met and has to ask his outgoing HC about him and in 12 hours gets seduced at the sleep over? The candidate passed the comfort test as Booger considered if this man would allow him to continue to do what he did with his last HC.

Better not to even address this question than insult the fans' intelligence when they have visible proof to the contrary. He defines winning with the money, the ratings and general attention and lastly on the field.

When he admitted he should have fired the GM, he went from unconscious incompetent to conscious incompetent in 20 seconds. He knows he's not the best man to build a winner but he's going to do it anyway.

I am surprised he took this approach because the last time he was asked about this, his response was a defiant "let them put down 140M of their own money". Jerk, I had 140M and didn't know the team was for sale.

Ya know, we should get some compassion from other fans instead of contempt. We have to put up with a crappy team and this ownership. How about a little pity?

Other fans seem to be finding it harder to insult us, our "success" since 1995 is almost non-existent.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can't take my Cowboys coffee mug out in public without people dropping coins in it and I have to pretend I am blind and say "God bless you". In order to keep the money.
I just tell Em I grew up in a different time when we actually were a well run and respected franchise . And just waiting for Jethro to kick the bucket. Be thankful you don’t have an owner like him.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Other fans seem to be finding it harder to insult us, our "success" since 1995 is almost non-existent.
I actually get more sympathy than hate now. Once they realize I take the first shot at us with Jethro , they are like I used to be when I traveled to Cleveland and Detroit . I felt sorry for them and respected they grew up in a better era.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
43 years I've watched the Cowboys. First time in my life, I watched a Mavs game over a Cowboys game, twice this year. F you Jones.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's ridiculous how Jerry's actions betray his words of devotion to winning. He wants people to believe in him, even though stealing his title as GM is merely an egotistical prize that makes winning impossible. Obviously, owning a yacht, plane, bus, helicopter, huge stadium, a luxurious home and his own professional football team isn't quite enough. Evidently, also bearing a GM title makes him feel special -- it's a shame he sucks at it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lutonio

Reaction score
I believe this is true. But I think he wants to win his own way more for his own ego than for giving the fans what they want.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
What a POS. He wants his players to be his best friends. that is what kills us more than anything. He lets personal feelings affect winning.

I used to work for a nation wide retail chain and the CEO and largest stockholder used to go around to the various locations and he treated everyone like they were his friend, even the part time people. One of the times when he was there I said hi and then said I have to go check in some inventory and he rolled up his sleeves and went and helped me do it. Another time when he was there another employee told our manager that he was going to run across the street and get a soda. The CEO said wait and gave him some money and told him to bring back sodas for everyone. A couple months after that trip he announced that he was stepping down because his wife was very ill. About 7 or 8 months later she died and another of the executives in the company said that the CEO got thousands of emails from employees saying how sorry they were. The other big point about this guy is that the company did better, made more money while he was in charge than at any time after he left. The employees worked harder for him than future CEO's who kept changing policies the original CEO had and they took more from the employees like the original CEO had it where the company paid 1/2 of the employee insurance premiums and then the employees had to pay for all of it. When I started everyone got 2 weeks vacation to start out with and then starting on your 4th anniversary you got 3 weeks vacation. After the original CEO left new employees got 1 week to start and got 2 weeks on their 4th anniversary..

The point here is because an owner wants to be friends with his players that isn't a bad thing.

tico

Reaction score
43 years I've watched the Cowboys. First time in my life, I watched a Mavs game over a Cowboys game, twice this year. F you Jones.
Straight The F up! I don't even Motha F nothing or throw stuff anymore!
But I watched all games though, I like to watch the young talent like its preseason.