Jerry has been quiet since the game

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I think he’s losing faith. It’s almost worse that Garrett gives him a high like the Jax win and then follows it up with a dose of reality like yesterday. Unless the team “quits” Garrett won’t get fired mid season. But I think just because Jerry throws out coach speak doesn’t mean that JG’s seat isn’t warming up. Jerry is smart enough to know that a great defense is being wasted on an inept QB and play caller and Garrett is the one that should be responsible for that side of the ball.

This being a bye week, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Jerry pull the trigger on a trade or maybe even Linehan shown the door in some effort to salvage this season.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
I think he’s losing faith. It’s almost worse that Garrett gives him a high like the Jax win and then follows it up with a dose of reality like yesterday. Unless the team “quits” Garrett won’t get fired mid season. But I think just because Jerry throws out coach speak doesn’t mean that JG’s seat isn’t warming up. Jerry is smart enough to know that a great defense is being wasted on an inept QB and play caller and Garrett is the one that should be responsible for that side of the ball.

This being a bye week, I wouldn’t be shocked to see Jerry pull the trigger on a trade or maybe even Linehan shown the door in some effort to salvage this season.

You forget that Jerry has an ego the size of the state of Texas, and he absolutely will not make any move like the ones you mention. That would mean he would have to eat crow, and it simply will not happen.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Normally he's ready to jump in front of cameras at any time.Could it be he's getting tired of Garrett's boneheaded decisions.............nahhhh, surely not.
Nah, he's work shopping a response and trying to figure out how to spin it that this is a positive thing. Gotta keep people buying those caps, shirts and mugs.....and don't forget to visit Victoria's Secret on your next visit to Jerry World

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You forget that Jerry has an ego the size of the state of Texas, and he absolutely will not make any move like the ones you mention. That would mean he would have to eat crow, and it simply will not happen.

Exactly. Garret being coach has more to do with Jerry's ego than merit. The only light I can see here is perhaps Jerry is coming to grips with his mortality and his desire to win another super bowl may eventually overcome his ego.............not betting on it though.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

Firing Linehan only to have Garrett call the plays would certainly be no improvement.

Ddisco22

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past JJ to make a move this week, what move is the question?? If he does it probably won't be one that fans don't like, he needs to find a new OC, easier than a new HC. Then in the off season get a new HC.

kevm3

Reaction score
At some point even Jerry has to get sick of this. He has to be thinking how the offense could look like Jacksonville one day and then back to the turd offense the very next game.

Keithfansince5

Reaction score
The thing worrying me is that Jerry might pull off a trade for Cooper giving away our #1 pick. Our #1 pick will be a top 10 pick and if he does this it will be a HUGE mistake. That is what worries me.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it past JJ to make a move this week, what move is the question?? If he does it probably won't be one that fans don't like, he needs to find a new OC, easier than a new HC. Then in the off season get a new HC.

I would be shocked if it happened. I would love to see a new OC, but I stand by my theory that JJ's ego won't allow him to make that move.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
We’ll see. On the pregame yesterday he sure seemed to be hinting that trade talks were in the works. Jerry is stubborn, but he’s fired many a coach before including ones he was personally invested in. This notion that Garrett can’t possibly run out of rope with Jerry is ludicrous. Jerry has limits and he has people in his ear that he listens to. I bet SOMETHING happens during this bye week.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
The thing worrying me is that Jerry might pull off a trade for Cooper giving away our #1 pick. Our #1 pick will be a top 10 pick and if he does this it will be a HUGE mistake. That is what worries me.

Oh God, please don't put that out there in the universe. If that were to happen, I think I would be done. Really.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
We’ll see. On the pregame yesterday he sure seemed to be hinting that trade talks were in the works. Jerry is stubborn, but he’s fired many a coach before including ones he was personally invested in. This notion that Garrett can’t possibly run out of rope with Jerry is ludicrous. Jerry has limits and he has people in his ear that he listens to. I bet SOMETHING happens during this bye week.

I agree with you that JG can run out of rope, like if he lost 6 straight, but If we finish 8-8, I think JG comes back. I hope you are right that they make a move this week, but I am not counting on it.