Jerry: I’ve earned the right to joke with Zeke. Let me be real clear about that

glimmerman

Reaction score
Now it’s Elliots turn to say something. Or his agents. Are they upset he said that...

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Yes it is true, but that’s the point. Let’s not act as if Jerry sticking by Zeke was a purely selfless act and had nothing to do with protecting his investment and helping his business.

I agree that Jerry does seem to build close ties with players, but it all starts as a business relationship, and the business aspect is always part of the equation while a player is on the team.

Yes I totally agree

NeathBlue

Reaction score
Yes it is true, but that’s the point. Let’s not act as if Jerry sticking by Zeke was a purely selfless act and had nothing to do with protecting his investment and helping his business.

I agree that Jerry does seem to build close ties with players, but it all starts as a business relationship, and the business aspect is always part of the equation while a player is on the team.

Yes I totally agree... he doesn’t become a billionaire without knowing when to protect his assets.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah he didn’t seem pleased about this and he’s right.
I think he is getting fed up. He is getting sick of these agents giving poor advise. Telling them to set out on there rookie contracts, hold off on surgeries until they get a contract. You hear now that D-Law said he wishes he got the surgery done earlier. Elliot’s agent could cost him money.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
If I'm Zeke, I am firing my agent, flying to Dallas, and meeting with Jerry to tell him this holdout was totally on my agent, I was against it the whole time but my agent said it was the best way to go.

Old saying...you mess with the bull, you get the horns. Jerry has finally had enough. Time for Zeke to poop or get off the pot.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Jerry has given ex players jobs with his different businesses if they are having a hard time financially.

Jerry doesn't just care about them while their on the field, the man cares about his ex players even when they cant play anymore.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
The longer this goes on, I am having a harder time seeing Jerry and Zeke shaking hands following a deal. Zeke needs to watch what he allows his agent to say from here on.

I was thinking the same thing bro...…….this thing is starting to go sideways and its getting personal.

I am not sure that humpty dumpty can be put back together again if you get what I am saying.

Might be best for all parties involved if Zeke was traded at this point.

aria

Reaction score
I don’t buy “it’s all the agents fault”. First of all, Zeke knows what the offer is, he may be a half wit and he can decide to take what they offered but Zeke is all about Zeke.

Secondly, I doubt his agent would have tweeted anything that personal without Zekes blessing. Between that and flying back to Cabo was Zeke’s way of trying to gain the upper hand IMO.

Thirdly, if Zeke’s agent DID say that without Zeke’s permission, Zeke could have easily diffused the situation by putting something out on social media that he wasn’t offended or felt disrespected and his agent acted out of line.

First it’s the girls fault, then the DJ’s fault, then the security guards fault, then the O lines fault when he has a bad game, then Jerry’s fault for not offering the most ever for a RB, now it’s Zeke’s agents fault.

When is it ever Zeke’s fault? Do some of you ever hold him responsible for doing anything wrong?

Last edited:

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Zeke has to start seeing who really has his back. JJ who defended him every step of the way or his agent who’s looking to cash in on a huge deal.

I’ve said this from Day 1 that agents these days are Messing with these young star athletes for their own personal gain.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I don’t buy “it’s all the agents fault”. First of all, Zeke knows what the offer is, he may be a half wit and he can decide to take what they offered but Zeke is all about Zeke.

Secondly, I doubt his agent would have tweeted anything that personal without Zekes blessing. Between that and flying back to Cabo was Zeke’s way of trying to gain the upper hand IMO.

Thirdly, if Zeke’s agent DID say that without Zeke’s permission, Zeke could have easily diffused the situation by putting something out on social media that he wasn’t offended or felt disrespected and his agent acted out of line.

First it’s the girls fault, then the DJ’s fault, then the security guards fault, then the O lines fault when he has a bad game, then Jerry’s fault for not offering the most ever for a RB, now it’s Zeke’s agents fault.

When is it ever Zeke’s fault? Do some of you ever hold him responsible for doing anything wrong?
Elliot has made several mistakes and problems for himself and his agent. He is banking on his skill on the field now because he don’t have much else. At this point he is likely listening to his agent and doing what he says. Not sure if it was Elliot’s idea to hold out. It sounds like a agent idea. Just like don’t get your surgery till they sign you idea. Now D-Law says he wishes he got it done early.

In the end if JJ and SJ say here is gurly money plus a dollar then Elliot better jump on it and I think his agent will say sign. I am not sure how big Elliots head is as far as ego. Is he dead set to get 15 or he won’t play. The FO is approaching no return perhaps.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I don’t have twitter but someone needs to tag Zeke and his agent demanding his agent be fired. Let’s get the pitchforks out.

Techsass

Reaction score
I'm not siding with Zeke by saying this, but let's be honest about why Jerry has supported Zeke. It's because Zeke benefits the Cowboys when he is on the field. Do you think he would have reacted the same had it been Rod Smith?
The thing about Jerry is that I can see him going to bat for the water boy, if he thinks he's being screwed over.