Jerry: I’ve earned the right to joke with Zeke. Let me be real clear about that

Beaker42

Reaction score
Notice he said joke "with" Zeke as opposed to joke about Zeke.

This sounds like more Jerry telling Zeke's agent to shut his pie hole.
Hey Zeke and Cocky Rocky - shut up and eat a little humble pie or go pound sand together. I don’t care much either way.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
I'm not siding with Zeke by saying this, but let's be honest about why Jerry has supported Zeke. It's because Zeke benefits the Cowboys when he is on the field. Do you think he would have reacted the same had it been Rod Smith?
Actually, I do. If Jerry truly believed any of his players was being railroaded, I think he;d step to the plate for any one of them. It's been a criticism of Jerry for a couple of decades: he cares too much about the players. He went to bat for Josh Brent (a basic football nobody) to help him in time of need and support.

Did the impact of missing Zeke on the field fuel Jerry's fire a little more? I think that would be safe to say, but my point stands. Jerry has ALWAYS gone to bat for his guys.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree with Jerry but one has to wonder what effect that "joke" is going to have on the likelihood of Zeke playing anytime soon...........with him feeling "disrespected" by the owner and his paycheck.

This might be the end of Zeke in Dallas. Under Jerry's humor is real disdain for what Zeke is doing.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Agree with Jerry but one has to wonder what effect that "joke" is going to have on the likelihood of Zeke playing anytime soon...........with him feeling "disrespected" by the owner and his paycheck.

This might be the end of Zeke in Dallas. Under Jerry's humor is real disdain for what Zeke is doing.
Can only hope this is the end of that entitled punk.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'm not siding with Zeke by saying this, but let's be honest about why Jerry has supported Zeke. It's because Zeke benefits the Cowboys when he is on the field. Do you think he would have reacted the same had it been Rod Smith?
Jerry truly loves his players. Not just the ones that benefit the Cowboys on the field.

I'll never forget how he sat with Anthony Lucas after blowing out his knees during camp. Here's a guy that probably wouldn't have made the team, but there was Jerry calling the player's mother.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
There has to be some desperate team out there who is willing to give him everything he wants and would trade for him

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Yeah, I liked him until this stunt. The Patriots don't tolerate "me first" players and neither should we.
2016 was a great year ...ever since then it's been nothing but drama with this entitled punk. We can win without him.
His issues run deep clear back to Ohio State.

We could get a gold mine of draft picks if we trade him to a team willing to take him.

ShortRound

Reaction score
That was the best presser I have watched in years!!!!!

Jerry didnt just dunk on them, he dunked on them and then stood over them while muscle flexing:laugh:

Dam, that was just brutal...……….I loved it:yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock::yourock:

Lol “I’ve earned that right” total boss move given their history.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2016 was a great year ...ever since then it's been nothing but drama with this entitled punk. We can win without him.
His issues run deep clear back to Ohio State.

We could get a gold mine of draft picks if we trade him to a team willing to take him.

His contract demands and unwillingness to play without a new deal will scare off any suitors. Nobody is going to give him a Todd Gurley contract and part with draft picks.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'm growing more and more comfortable with the Jones family refusing Zeke's demands. Let him sit. We'll play without him. If he doesn't play with us, he doesn't play for any team. The Cowboys control his rights for two years. He can hold out for two years if he wants, but he'll be two years older and no team will be willing to pay him what he wants then.

Now my mind might change if we start out 1-4. But I really think our defense is good enough to win games.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're opinion.

Steelers couldn't find a trade partner for Leveon Bell. Why would this be any different? Show me ONE example of a disgruntled rb landing a cache' of draft picks. It doesn't happen. You want to say Zeke is the exception? Now that would be an unsupported OPINION.

Cas2800

Reaction score
Looks like Jerry saying....Quit your pouting and put your big girl panties on. Zeke need to either get thicker skin or fire his agent. I say do both!

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
What other clients does Rocky the agent have? I guarantee the Cowboys will not want to do business with him again. Stephen pretty much said he feels MOST agents do a good job. That’s a straight shot at Rocky IMO

windjc

Reaction score
Steelers couldn't find a trade partner for Leveon Bell. Why would this be any different? Show me ONE example of a disgruntled rb landing a cache' of draft picks. It doesn't happen. You want to say Zeke is the exception? Now that would be an unsupported OPINION.
Bell was a FA. Thats a fact not just your opinion.