Jerry: "I love our core base"

irving

Reaction score
Thank god most of these posters are not the GM for the Cowboys, they’re worse than Jerry after seeing some of the moves they would make.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Thanks, Jerruh! Great timing, with half of our core watching games on TV.
Our gallant leader can always be counted on to sell a losing cause. :grin:

Last edited:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is possible that Jerry Jones confused the term "core base" with the Megan Trainor song, "It is all about that base". Think about it, he made comments about Poe's weight.

As much as I would like a behind-the-scenes, leave-the-football-decisions-to-the-professionals type of owner, I really enjoy Jerry's pressers. Maybe I have been in CoVid isolation too long.

Rayman70

Reaction score
JERRY LOVES OUR CORE as long as he is making money,period. The minute that is in question, he might make more relevant changes, but not before.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm guessing this includes the following from the D, Jaylon, DLaw, Diggs and LVE.
Offense.....Dak, Zeke, Coop, Lamb, Gallup, Martin, Smith

In other words, it appears he has no interest in trading any second contract players ......for now. I suppose this response could be more about the immediate trade deadline on Nov 3 and not necessarily during the offseason. I can see it changing if we finish below 500 and no playoff.

They were on an unprecedented pace of offensive production with regards to passing yards and were 2nd in scoring in games with Dak.
- That was with the majority of OT snaps being played by UDFA types with no experience.

If the defense could have just been league average, they would have won all games when Dak was the QB.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They were on an unprecedented pace of offensive production with regards to passing yards and were 2nd in scoring in games with Dak.
- That was with the majority of OT snaps being played by UDFA types with no experience.

If the defense could have just been league average, they would have won all games when Dak was the QB.

What about prior years when the defense was league average?

Dak did what he always does. Torches really bad defenses.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
What about prior years when the defense was league average?

Dak did what he always does. Torches really bad defenses.

LOL.....you try hard, I'll give you that. In prior years Dak didn't MM as his HC.......but I shouldn't have to tell you this.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
For anyone who watched the MIA game today, you saw that their defense is hugely improved from last year. It’s possible to make a huge leap if we draft well and hit on a couple FAs. They did. So it’s possible.

Offensively I’m not overly concerned and what concern there is resides in Dak’s recovery from his injury.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I agree.

Jerrah has to move very deliberately with all these needed changes.

People who want to attack the organization for what has happened thus far this season have no idea what Jones knew going into this coaching staff change from Garrett. He may have known the house cleaning was not finished.

You're giving Jerry too much credit. He thought this team was ready to contend with McCarthy, the free agent signings, and the draft. That's Jerry.

just_catch_it

Reaction score
The Cowboys are a 2-5 team that is a couple of fluke plays away from being 0-7. I wouldn't be very happy at all right now after seeing the product on the field the past two weeks.
Absolutely, bottom line are so called core players and coaches have Not been able to find away to get it done! JJ knows he can't get anything real for these players and will be embarrassed at their trade value vs what he paid. Its now plausible that the Cowboys will be getting at least the #2 pick in draft.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I'm guessing this includes the following from the D, Jaylon, DLaw, Diggs and LVE.

In other words, it appears he has no interest in trading any second contract players ......for now. I suppose this response could be more about the immediate trade deadline on Nov 3 and not necessarily during the offseason. I can see it changing if we finish below 500 and no playoff.

I think Jerry is only talking about the offense as his base.

bewp7

Reaction score
For anyone who watched the MIA game today, you saw that their defense is hugely improved from last year. It’s possible to make a huge leap if we draft well and hit on a couple FAs. They did. So it’s possible.

Offensively I’m not overly concerned and what concern there is resides in Dak’s recovery from his injury.

because flores and his staff are all great coaches. they won 5 games last year with the worst talent in the nfl. cowboys coaches are not even close.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This team doesn't have a core.
If this team was an egg, the yolk would be broken and scrambled.
It doesn't even have a soul.
This team is just group of guys.

McCarthy doesn't have even one dependable player he can trust. If there is one, he's sitting on the bench most of the time.
Hey the HotBoyz have their own masks!

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
because flores and his staff are all great coaches. they won 5 games last year with the worst talent in the nfl. cowboys coaches are not even close.
That all may be true. Not disputing the truthfulness of any of that. I’m just saying it’s possible to make a big jump. Do I think we will? Probably not but I’m a fan lol

dckid

Reaction score

26 years and counting. Never fool yourself as you are the easiest to fool.