Twitter: Jerry: "I really look forward to a powerful and dynamic Zeke"

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Pollard is clearly the better players, but they are basing it on contract over production at this point. There is no way you can convince me otherwise.
Jerry has been behind Zeke through the domestic violence allegations and everything else. He gave him the huge contract when he still had 2 years left and was already on the decline.

Jerry would rather keep pushing him out there than admit he screwed up with Zeke. He's too stubborn to change course now.

Jerry likes to say he would do anything for another championship. But yet he is too proud to change course on Zeke, even though everyone can see he's not worth having on this team anymore, at least not for what he is getting paid. He's the second best RB on the roster when he is healthy

JMech

Reaction score
Pollard is clearly the better players, but they are basing it on contract over production at this point. There is no way you can convince me otherwise.

Right now, Pollard has some real upside certainly relative to being able to break a long one. The issue is that he sucks at blocking. Zeke is an all star at blocking for Dak. So he continues to contribute in a big way despite limitations at breaking good runs.

RaZon

Reaction score
Zeke will never be that 5.1 a carry cat he was in his rookie season, those days are gone. Since then he has averages...

Career avg 4.5., which is better than a lot of Hall of Famers. Hell, Emmitt 4.2 career avg

Obviously right now this minute it is more injury than NFL wear and tear, but when right the 2021 version will be a hard tuff cat who will bang it in there for ya, get ya the 3rd and 3, he is done speeding away from wannabe tacklers. He is still what every team needs just not at that price.

Tony Pollard is not an every down bell cow NFL RB, hell he was a WR at Memohis, He isn;t thick and poweful, he;s a sprinter so ya play him as one.

We still need Zeke, ya just drop being stupid and get them both out there as a Csonka/Morris type deal.

But today ya sit Zeke down for at least a game, should be common sense.

vig454

Reaction score
Great, all we need is for the season to be cut in half and we'll have a winning team!:facepalm:

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Anyone with eyes could see Zeke wasn't even in the universe of being 100% last night.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Let's face it Zeke hasn't exactly been an elite back in 3 years. He started out looking good the first 6 games this year and then reverted back to his normal form. The guy just doesn't have the steam and hasn't had it in years. I also recognize our Oline isn't playing well either and no doubt that is also an issue.

What we are seeing with Zeke is exactly what he is.
Zeke is an elite RB but he is injured. He can't perform on an elite level when they won't allow him to heal properly. IMO, he is being mismanaged. Rather than playing him injured, they should have rested him a few games. He does no one any good while injured.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
There are still a lot of Zeke Fanboys who don’t mind watching the team try to fit that square peg into the round hole.

Those Low Key Fade Fanboys just can’t get enough of their bell cow and his feed me spoon and half shirt. Those fanboys pay big money for tickets.

75boyz

Reaction score
In the first 7 or 8 games of the season Zeke looked as though he had some of his old power and a portion of his early speed back. This, along with a resurgent oline performance and Moore's actual balanced run game playcalling, had me fooled into thinking this team was different.

Whether it was Fangios Denver game tape, Tyron's health, Zeke's health or the oline position shuffling the run game has sucked since Denver.

This offense needs dominant run blocking oline play in order to play its best.

Whether or not they can play good enough to beat playoff defenses is doubtful from what I've been watching because this offense's run game dictates the overall offensive productivity.

Zeke ain't finding the fountain of youth at this point and he needs all the oline help he can get just to get back to above average performance. I don't even think his earlier year performance is achievable at this point in the season with all the surrounding circumstances factored in.

Would like to be proven wrong.

jmo

Last edited:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The owner/gm speaks

mr short ----in regards to sports journalism post you put up about Jerry speaking with Zeke's trainers concerning his injury and that Zeke is good to go.......is there any way you can plead with them to stop abusing

Jerry's blue label whiskey?....do you think we can do an intervention?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My God man shut your mouth already.
ImmediateAngryDunnart-max-1mb.gif

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My God man shut your mouth already.

phil---- he ( Jerry ) is what 73 or 77 and years of blue label alcoholism....just saw report he and franchise now worth 8.3 billion...grows over a billion a year it seems.....Zeke is hurting out team in run game...he still is excellent pass blocker....but even before if he hit a spot and no hole he would carry defenders 3-4 yards ....no more....lost twitch and long speed and losing short speed too....either give him time to heal
or lets eat the money we gave him...Put Pollard # 1 and either draft or trade or buy free agent or groom one from practice squad as # 2?.....for next year....Jerry's sentimentalism only ends up hurting product we
put on field

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke is way over paid for his current role and production. Don’t think the Cowboys can get out of his contract until after next season so they may look to restructure it. He likely won’t be here after next season. He’s still a good player but his best days have passed him by.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
What a crock, anyone who watched the games the last few weeks can tell something isn't right with Zeke.

The fact he was out there late in the game instead of Pollard really makes you wonder who is calling the shots.