News: Jerry: "I told Jason that [Romo] would be back in."

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
“I was here during the tail end of the examination and knew he planned to come back out and play if he were needed,” Jones explained matter of factly. “Of course he was needed. I felt good that he could come back out. When he saw the opportunity he did. I told Jason that he would be back in.”

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/10/28/6235872/jerry-jones-i-told-jason-that.html

:facepalm:

For the record, I actually agree with putting Romo back in, assuming he was healthy. I'm not arguing with that, but it should be the coach's decision. Not Dr. Jerry's.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
TMI Jerry? If nothing else, why not just say "After discussing it with Tony Jason and I conferred and decided to put Tony back in the game."

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I was on the fence about it. It's the type of situation that kills Tony 90% of the time.
If that had been Weeden in there the play calling would have been different and we might have rode Murray to a win.
But we will never know for sure so..........

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
It's mind boggling. I don't think anybody would argue that Tony is far superior to Weeden when all things are equal but the fact of that matter is that Tony scored 7 points as QB and Weeden scored 10 in a pinch hitting role.

I thought it was a mistake to put Tony back in last night and I think it was a mistake to do it this morning. I've heard all the pundits say that if he was healthy, he should be playing but I don't see any way that you could look at Tony last night and come away thinking he was healthy. He struggled to drive the ball more then 20 yards downfield.

IMO, we should have gone with Weeden and saved Tony to fight another day. It's done now.

fifaguy

Reaction score
:facepalm:

For the record, I actually agree with putting Romo back in, assuming he was healthy. I'm not arguing with that, but it should be the coach's decision. Not Dr. Jerry's.

Sure. Guess Jerry doesn't trust JG's headphones...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He was in the locker room when Romo was getting examined and felt it necessary to inform Garrett that the quarterback was available to return to the game.

“I was here during the tail end of the examination and knew he planned to come back out and play if he were needed,” Jones explained matter of factly. “Of course he was needed. I felt good that he could come back out. When he saw the opportunity he did. I told Jason that he would be back in.”

Jones admitted being very concerned when Romo was initially injured but said he felt better after seeing the test results and realizing it was only a contusion on Romo’s back.

“We knew there were no structural issues when they gave him the X-rays,” Jones said. “I was very concerned by the fact that he laid there as long as he laid there. After we looked at the play and saw that was a knee kind of to the side of the back, then we felt better about it.

“We got him in here and looked at it real carefully, and everybody felt better about it. But he was certainly limited when he first got in here, but he loosened it up real good and went back out.”

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/1...nes-i-told-jason-that.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
It's mind boggling. I don't think anybody would argue that Tony is far superior to Weeden when all things are equal but the fact of that matter is that Tony scored 7 points as QB and Weeden scored 10 in a pinch hitting role.

I thought it was a mistake to put Tony back in last night and I think it was a mistake to do it this morning. I've heard all the pundits say that if he was healthy, he should be playing but I don't see any way that you could look at Tony last night and come away thinking he was healthy. He struggled to drive the ball more then 20 yards downfield.

IMO, we should have gone with Weeden and saved Tony to fight another day. It's done now.

I agree 100%, he was too stiff to move and the way they were blitzing Weeden at the time was the better choice.