Jerry is a Businessman not a GM!

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by rwalters31, Mar 17, 2019 at 7:44 AM.

1. rwalters31

rwalters31 Well-Known Member

1,389 Messages
    563 Likes Received
    Over the last 20 some years, which of the two has he been most successful at?

dckid likes this.
  2. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

33,499 Messages
    29,822 Likes Received
    Over the last 2 months, how many threads have there been with different titles saying the same thing?
    :laugh:

Well, make that how many years. :muttley:

WTtoolman likes this.
  3. zrinkill

zrinkill Troller of Trolls Zone Supporter

37,642 Messages
    8,492 Likes Received
  4. JBS

JBS GloryDaysRBack

13,004 Messages
    6,053 Likes Received
    We have the absolute best marketing guru running this team..are you guys excited you support the most valuable franchise in all of sports?

Redball Express likes this.
  5. JoeKing

JoeKing mrtxstar

13,609 Messages
    10,480 Likes Received
    Trees are wood.

DakPresgoat likes this.
  6. CelticPunk

CelticPunk Active Member

62 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    I get the frustration and I want us to win as much as anyone. But, it seems many on this forum think Jerry is pocketing the money we don't spend on free agents. That's just silly and not how it works. The issue is not about Jerry the business man. It's a question of whether the Cowboys overall approach/philosophy is right. They have decided to build through the draft, focus on signing their own players first, and then supplement the roster via free agency, but only if the contract is worth it. I think we've been very good at drafting players, but like anything else, their is room for improvement in finding cost effective free agents. Just my opinion, thanks.

WTtoolman and OmerV like this.
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Troller of Trolls Zone Supporter

37,642 Messages
    8,492 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

rwalters31 likes this.
  8. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

9,935 Messages
    7,343 Likes Received
    Rich people have expensive toys? Who knew?

WTtoolman and SlammedZero like this.
  9. Trendnet

Trendnet Active Member

813 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    Water isn't wet. Things that get water on them are wet. But water itself isn't wet. :)

10. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,711 Messages
    238 Likes Received
    The money saved from not spending on FA wouldn’t buy the anchors for that thing.

WTtoolman likes this.
  11. elcowboi

elcowboi Well-Known Member

1,292 Messages
    647 Likes Received
    That's pretty obvious. It's not going to change. Did I miss something? Wasn't there a thread like this last year and the year before that?

12. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

9,935 Messages
    7,343 Likes Received
    Lol - I started to make the same point, but you’re version was probably funnier than mine would have been.

13. OmerV

OmerV Well-Known Member

9,935 Messages
    7,343 Likes Received
    Over time there were probably 12 threads like this last year and the year before.

14. garyv

garyv Well-Known Member

2,486 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    This is why Jerry looked great as a GM the years Jimmy Johnson was with Dallas because Jimmy helped with those duties but after Jimmy and Jerry parted ways and Switzer came in basically Switzer and Jerry were reaping the rewards of what Jimmy left behind but after that it's been minimal success.

Jerry is great at marketing but needs to get out of his GM role and I'm starting to think Steven Jones is not the answer either he's too conservative and want take risks. Sometimes you have to take risks to achieve the rewards.

15. mattjames2010

mattjames2010 Well-Known Member

13,532 Messages
    10,977 Likes Received
  16. Noclaf

Noclaf Well-Known Member

650 Messages
    949 Likes Received
    In other words be as cheap as possible, don't forget this team almost got this coach fired if not for a trade. (wait you mean they got someone they did not draft!) they screwed up last year not signing a wr and it cost us our first this year, yea they are brilliant

17. Noclaf

Noclaf Well-Known Member

650 Messages
    949 Likes Received
    Jimmy ran that team, Jerry just said yea to what Jimmy said, it's been proven now over 20+ years who made the boys in the 90s, sure in hell was no one named jones

18. GMO415

GMO415 Well-Known Member

5,118 Messages
    9,463 Likes Received
    I don't see the third option.... partying.

19. acr731

acr731 Well-Known Member

1,690 Messages
    3,763 Likes Received
    Methinks Jerry might be over compensating for a vital 'shortcoming'.

20. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

2,866 Messages
    5,783 Likes Received
    Its nice to see all of these people who share Jerry's interest and passion in the Cowboys.

Unfortunately, there's only one person who's profiting from that interest and passion.