Jerry is large and in charge

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
DL is an uncertainty after losing Irving and Gregory plus not knowing when Lawrence will be 100% after surgery.

TE isn’t solidified with the return of Witten. And losing one of Daks favorite targets with Beasley can hopefully be filled with Cobb if he can stay healthy. But still an unknown.

And will Freddy be back at full strength? And will we make any other moves on OL.

There still much to be concerned about if you really want to dig deeper.

Dig around other teams in the league and you will find we compare favorably with most.

Reactions: CWR

Sheffielder74UK

Reaction score
What’s the problem. At that that time Jerry was the only one talking sense. People wanted to risk losing a player just for an extra 7th round pick?

boysfaninMI

Reaction score
Not a fan of jj at all, but that was a good pick. Only player I would have selected went 16 picks later in max Crosby or 19 picks in khari willis.

Big time agree on Willis: great upside and Indy stole him IMO. As for Jerrah: He probably DID get it right on McGovern but so what? Every once in a while even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No depth? We have depth at the oline and dline, Sean Lee will have a hard time getting on the field, we have 4 corners who can play and a strong wr corp. We also just drafted two rbs, they are rookies of course, but you have to start somewhere.

Where are we really lacking? I know safety is a weakness but it's an exaggeration to speak of our lack of depth at this point.

You sound like a hopeful Jerry Jones evaluating his team's chances. Lee will likely be or should starting with the loss of Damien Wilson. He's still our best LB when healthy. So, no depth at LB unless you count any warm body in a uniform as depth. On the DL we have DLAW and a whole parade of question marks, hopes, and prayers. We have average NFL players in our secondary and thats a generous evaluation. The back-ups are players who wouldn't be able to make a good NFL team. If we don't get a lot of Qb pressure, that secondary will be shredded. There is nobody who can match up on a #1 WR and take him out of the game.

Back-up QB? nobody
back-up rb? 4th and 7th round rookies.

What propped this team up last year was a weak division.

Valkyr

Reaction score
I fully expect Jerry to be propped up in the War Room 'Weekend at Bernie's' style after he croaks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dig around other teams in the league and you will find we compare favorably with most.
The only teams which really interest me are our divisional foes and those in the conference ahead of us.

I’m not sure we’ve done enough to surpass Rams or Saints. Maybe even Bears. And most experts are placing Eagles ahead of us.

This is before we’ve seen what Vikes and Packers have done to upgrade. All on our schedule this year. And this doesn’t even include Patriots and any potential upgrades done in AFCE.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Marc Columbo is gigantic mountain of a man! The guy's presence just dominated the room.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only teams which really interest me are our divisional foes and those in the conference ahead of us.

I’m not sure we’ve done enough to surpass Rams or Saints. Maybe even Bears. And most experts are placing Eagles ahead of us.

This is before we’ve seen what Vikes and Packers have done to upgrade. All on our schedule this year. And this doesn’t even include Patriots and any potential upgrades done in AFCE.

Eagles, Saints, Rams, Falcons are better. I expect Atlanta to rebound this year.

Flip a coin with the Seahawks. They are so similar to the Cowboys.

Packers, Vikings and Bears could be better but I doubt all three will be.

The 49ers are getting a lot of love this year but I'll believe that when I see it.

I think the Commanders could make some noise if they weren't starting a rookie QB with one year of playing time in college.

I'd say the Cowboys are about 6-8 in the conference.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eagles, Saints, Rams, Falcons are better. I expect Atlanta to rebound this year.

Flip a coin with the Seahawks. They are so similar to the Cowboys.

Packers, Vikings and Bears could be better but I doubt all three will be.

The 49ers are getting a lot of love this year but I'll believe that when I see it.

I think the Commanders could make some noise if they weren't starting a rookie QB with one year of playing time in college.

I'd say the Cowboys are about 6-8 in the conference.
I agree with that, replacing the Falcons with the Bears because of their D, right now, the Cowboys are in that on the cusp of the playoffs area where tie-breakers play a major role and the head to head could get dicey since they play 6 of the 7 you listed.

That said, we're probably wrong because every season in the NFC at least one team craters and one rises and we've been that riser in 16 and 18. And those pesky Commanders made the playoffs the last time they started a rookie QB.

I do think the Cowboys can make that top 4 with the luck of health on their side. They're not a deep team so the injuries will affect them more than the Eagles, except for QB. I wouldn't bet on Wentz staying healthy all season, if he does, I'd bet on them to win the division. I think they're the better team and thought so last year as well.