Jerry is on the phone!!!

nflandbooze

Reaction score
dargonking999;2333289 said:
Thats' taking into consideration that Det would trade Roy after he signs the contract.

Well they would obviously let him know that he was as good as gone as soon as he signs a deal. It requires some trust, but i's far from impossible. Besides, if DET suddenly held on to him after he signed the deal, they would destroy any trust the players on that team have for management. That would kinda sting when Johnson is due for a new deal.

BigDave95

Reaction score
dargonking999;2333279 said:
Miami gets Carpenter & Crayton

Dallas gets Roy Williams

Det gets 1st round pick from Miami, and 5 round pick from Dallas

Get down with the booginess

So Miami gave up their top 15 pick for Carpenter and Crayton???? No chance. None. Zip. Zero. Bill is trying to build a team. He's not going to part with early draft picks for anything.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
BigDave95;2333288 said:
Let me preface this by saying there is NO chance of this deal happening but....

Crayton's contract included a $6M signing bonus and base salaries of:

2008 - $1.5M
2009 - $1.5M
2010 - $2M
2011 - $2.5M

The remainder of his base salary would be pro-rated out of this year's cap and the entire $6M would be accelerated into this year. Cowboys are currently around $7.3M under the cap so it could be done.

Roy would presumably sign a contract extension that would lower his 2008 cap number and there are plenty of other adjustments that could be made to make this work.

Salary cap will not be the reason this doesn't happen. There are 10-15 other reasons it won't happen though.

Remember, there is no cap in 2010, so maybe that can play in some how.

Cowboy_4_Life

Reaction score
Lions most likely are looking for a trade since they lost to the Vikings yesterday. That makes them anxious for a trade like us.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Doomsday;2333294 said:
We have no shot at winning a Super Bowl if we dont add another WR to the mix.

we'd have plenty a shot if the OL played up to par and the defense was worth a damn

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
BigDave95;2333311 said:
So Miami gave up their top 15 pick for Carpenter and Crayton???? No chance. None. Zip. Zero. Bill is trying to build a team. He's not going to part with early draft picks for anything.
it would be our 1st unless we both gave 2nds and they would have 3 2nds... that might work.

superpunk

Reaction score
Alexander;2333305 said:
Why would Miami part with a first round choice for those two players?
Look at how well Ayodele and Fasano are working out for them.

They got two starters for a fourth round pick. Who knows what they might be willing to part with given how that's worked out? :cool:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
superpunk;2333326 said:
Look at how well Ayodele and Fasano are working out for them.

They got two starters for a fourth round pick. Who knows what they might be willing to part with given how that's worked out? :cool:

Yes, but Carpenter would not start for them.:cool:

superpunk

Reaction score
I wasn't being serious. More - lamenting that pointless trade.

Hey, at least we've got Martellus Bennett.

Cowboy_4_Life

Reaction score
superpunk;2333335 said:
I wasn't being serious. More - lamenting that pointless trade.

Hey, at least we've got Martellus Bennett.

The same guy who dropped a pass for a touchdown?

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
I'm all for Roy Williams coming to Dallas but not mid-season. How much could he contribute?

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
I'm all for Roy Williams coming to Dallas but not mid-season. How much could he contribute? It's not like he knows the offense

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Tennione72;2333363 said:
I'm all for Roy Williams coming to Dallas but not mid-season. How much could he contribute? It's not like he knows the offense

Maybe he'll play corner.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Doesn't matter now. With Romo out 4 weeks it wouldn't matter who you had out there to throw to. We're 1-2 during that stretch, at best. The Bucs and Giants will certainly beat us.