Twitter: Jerry: "I've got a lot to think about regarding these coaches."

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No matter how the media wants to spin it, the 49ers are a better team then the Cowboys. 49ers were in the Super Bowl two years ago and injuries hurt them last season.They were better or the same as us at every position. Their coaches came up with game plan that confused our coaching staff. We really should not have been in the game. The kicked the Cowboys up and down the field in the first half. Jimmy G. and Shanahan almost blew it in the end.
You can chose to believe that if you want but no one can tell me their talent is any better than ours...it could go either way sure but there's no way that's post heartbreak talking.

J_Allen

Reaction score
It's the same thing every year.

Does anyone have a link to the broadcast? I can't find it. I'd love to hear him.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I found it odd Jerry wasn't on the radio earlier in the week.

He sounds pissed. But I doubt he does anything about it unless Quinn and Moore appear moving on. Then he might want to keep one as HC or if both want to leave, gives him an opportunity to just purge the staff.

The BARE MINIMUM that needs to be done is fire Philbin.
I'll believe he's pissed if McCarthy is fired.

J_Allen

Reaction score

He sounds pissed. But I doubt he does anything about it unless Quinn and Moore appear moving on. Then he might want to keep one as HC or if both want to leave, gives him an opportunity to just purge the staff.

Where did you find the broadcast? I searched the fan Jerry Jones but I'm not pulling anything up from today.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
The bad part is we just wasted the best roster we're going to have for the next 3 years.
Roster is one thing but actually playing together on the field is another. No one can help when they are on IR. Projected starting oline played 2 games together.

Sydla

Reaction score
I love how our fans fall right in line with Jerry blaming coaches each and every year.

These geniuses now want Sean Payton. The same guy they blamed while he was here and loved seeing leave.

LOL, you contrarian. I love it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You can't be this obtuse in real life.

But if you need everyone to be pedantic, then yes a qb can be to blame for some holding calls. No the qb can't be blamed for defensive holding.
No the defense can't be blamed for putting up 17 points on offense or throwing an INT in your own territory in the 2nd half

Happy?

psa...You also must unscrew the toothpaste cap to extract toothpaste. There are many techniques to apply pressure to the tube to extract the paste to the tooth brush as the goal is to reduce internal volume of tube contents . brute squeeze and roll tube from the bottom are the 2 most common. Getting the paste back in the tube is for another day
Jesus christ....have a good day....for some of y'all I don't even know how y'all breathe and walk at the same time...unless you're senile and old than I take that comment back....I haver respect for the OG's and elders....

fivetwos

Reaction score
Firing McCarthy (if JJ actually grows a pair and does it— won’t hold my breath) would be about three things:

1. Scape-goating MM for the undisciplined play and horrid end to a “promising” season, which by implication, exonerates the players and FO for the failure

2. Maintaining continuity on D with Quinn who — while admittedly a retread— DID come in and change the culture and has the love and respect of the players

3. Restoring “confidence” in the fan base that “action” has been taken— and this allows JJ the optimist to spin hope for 2022 and “keep the dream alive.”

For me? I’d take Quinn over McCarthy for sure. I would FAR prefer that to giving the keys to Kellen Moore— which feels like Garrett 2.0 to me.

Other candidates? Fangio and Zimmer would be alright as DCs— but neither has done anything as a HC. Flores? Yes— BUT he would take a year to bring in a new staff and implement his philosophy. Quinn is a known commodity and has relationship, equity, and trust.

IMO— (considering JJ will never fire the GM) Quinn is the next best no-brainer hire for JJ to make to blame a fall guy, keep the D on the current course, and win a small victory in the court of public opinion.

Doubt it makes a difference with Dak and the over-paid, under-achieving stars on this roster— but I’d much rather roll with Quinn and his style/philosophy than another year of Big Mac
I just don't see how you give Quinn SO much say in an entire draft and also FA then let him walk out the door in a year.

He and Micah have a big relationship. While it may not stop him from stardom it can't help.

And if MM fails again next year, which he most likely will.....you probably can't bring back Moore and sell it to anyone.

Hire Quinn now, let him choose his OC that isn't named Moore just to appease Jerry, and go from there.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
You can chose to believe that if you want but no one can tell me their talent is any better than ours...it could go either way sure but there's no way that's post heartbreak talking.
What has the Cowboys done the past 26 years compared to the 49ers two years ago? I am not saying the Cowboys have no talent but we fans need to stop overrating them. People are worried about losing our free agents. I bet we will still when East with the players we have and bring in. The NFC conference had 6 of the top 10 teams in the NFL. We happened to draw the hot and gritty team from the toughest division.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
What has the Cowboys done the past 26 years compared to the 49ers two years ago? I am not saying the Cowboys have no talent but we fans need to stop overrating them. People are worried about losing our free agents. I bet we will still when East with the players we have and bring in. The NFC conference had 6 of the top 10 teams in the NFL. We happened to draw the hot and gritty team from the toughest division.

what the cowboys did over the last 26 years has absolutely no bearing on what happened on the field Sunday tho.

fivetwos

Reaction score

This is where it's nice to have a guy who actually played the position he coaches so he can help teach.

Example.....Al Harris was a ballhawk DB. He taught our guys how to do the same.

Credit to MM for that hire but the very top jobs went to his buddies, and/or people he owed a favor for hiring him once upon a time.

Edit....oh and the guy who was making the decision to hire him or not's hand picked choice to remain from the last staff. What a coincidence!

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Former cowboys calling out The cowboys.

Irvin
Pearson
Aikman
Jimmy Johnson.

So happy for it. Truly am. It’s about dam time someone embarrassed JJ. Sounds like he’s taking it to heart
Wonder what Staubach thinks about all the current coaches?

Edited

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I mean if we are talking about what we'd rather have based on what Jerry would do? Sure i'd take Quinn over McCarthy. But to me this is just not how you build a team or organization. The Cowboys have been trying to do it for so long the wrong way and I Can only imagine if they did it the right way how good they can become. They won 12 games with this crappy culture and structure.

Jerry and Stephen are the elephant in the room. Removing them and allowing a whole new management group run the team would be option #1

Considering that will never happen— we are stuck with leftovers

Dre11

Reaction score
Lol.....yall are something, there isn't anything happening but maybe Moore and Quinn get HC jobs, if not they'll run it back with guys they can keep and new guys to replace the ones they can't.
We're all mad and I'm sure the whole organization from top to bottom is too. A bunch to do about nothing