Twitter: Jerry: "I've got a lot to think about regarding these coaches."

snadler

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't like losing, he doesn't like being called out by former cowboy legends even more..

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Lol at listening to this and thinking mm is going to be fired. No chance. Jerry’s pissed that’s it. Nothing will happen. Mayyyyyybe if Moore was hired by jax and then Quinn gets a job maybeeee but I’d be floored.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

Add Charles Haley to the list of former players publicly over it.

That makes:
Irvin
Aikman
Woodson
Haley
Johnson
Pearson

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Jesus christ....have a good day....for some of y'all I don't even know how y'all breathe and walk at the same time...unless you're senile and old than I take that comment back....I haver respect for the OG's and elders....
Irony isn't lost on you

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What has the Cowboys done the past 26 years compared to the 49ers two years ago? I am not saying the Cowboys have no talent but we fans need to stop overrating them. People are worried about losing our free agents. I bet we will still when East with the players we have and bring in. The NFC conference had 6 of the top 10 teams in the NFL. We happened to draw the hot and gritty team from the toughest division.

That 49ers team 2 years ago isn't even the same one that it is today lol.

And I agree we overrate them. All this top 10 this top 10 that nonsense....I agree that's silly talk to me. But this is not me overrating them. I believe most teams in the NFL have the same level of talent. I believe their's a small minority like the JETS and Jags who have inferior talent but I believe most teams in the league have similar talent and what separates teams are QB's and coaching.

What sets the 49ers and Cowboys apart is they can stop the run and we can't. They also seem to have superior coaching. Demeco Ryan seems to be the future of the NFL and Kyle Shanahan got the best of Quinn.

snadler

Reaction score
Do I think Jerry will fire MM, no..is he pissed yes, should he be pissed yes, is he embarrassed by legends calling out the team yes, but does jerry still want a yes man, a company man for the job, yep..

baltcowboy

Reaction score
That 49ers team 2 years ago isn't even the same one that it is today lol.

And I agree we overrate them. All this top 10 this top 10 that nonsense....I agree that's silly talk to me. But this is not me overrating them. I believe most teams in the NFL have the same level of talent. I believe their's a small minority like the JETS and Jags who have inferior talent but I believe most teams in the league have similar talent and what separates teams are QB's and coaching.

What sets the 49ers and Cowboys apart is they can stop the run and we can't. They also seem to have superior coaching. Demeco Ryan seems to be the future of the NFL and Kyle Shanahan got the best of Quinn.
Yeah Quinn is a little overrated. Parsons changed our defense not him. Demico put a straight jacket on the paper boy. I thought Garrett was secretly calling plays. Shanahan almost gave the game back to us.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Lol at listening to this and thinking mm is going to be fired. No chance. Jerry’s pissed that’s it. Nothing will happen. Mayyyyyybe if Moore was hired by jax and then Quinn gets a job maybeeee but I’d be floored.
He's playing the same old salesman game. Nothing is changed, the results will be the the same.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yeah Quinn is a little overrated. Parsons changed our defense not him. Demico put a straight jacket on the paper boy. I thought Garrett was secretly calling plays. Shanahan almost gave the game back to us.
Yeah I think Shanahan outcoached Quinn but yeah he called the game foolishly himself. All he had to do was stick to the run game or forcing Deebo. We couldn't stop him or the run game. I would've never put Jimmy G in position to throw a interception when i'm winning.

Plankton

Reaction score
I have listened to the interview - he didn't sound pissed at all. Just very matter of fact, or as matter of fact as Jerry Jones can be when giving word salad answers.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Quinn overrated as a DC, no.

I think he is an excellent DC and really helped Micahs development.

We probably can't retain him in that role since the rest of the league has yet to catch on that sometimes great coordinators don't make good HCs.

They need another few hundred examples first.

He is pretty much Wade Phillips, who had Parcells guys playing very good defense in the 07-09 range, but we had to hire him as HC to get him....and, well....

I just want to retain Quinn because he is better than MM or Moore....but he probably isn't the best long term candidate.

With what's likely to happen, @MountaineerCowboy is probably right, it's a good three years before we have any shot, and thats if all things happen the right way.

Creeper

Reaction score
In fairness to him, he and McClay did imo. This team has a lot of talent. It should have gone further than it did. The coaches did fail (along with the stadium not having sufficient curtains). So, I think Jerry might be right here. Maybe he will understand now that he can just have puppets. He needs strong disciplinarians at the helm like Jimmy.

I can go either way on this issue. The team is talented but we knew before the season Connor Williams and Biadasz were going to be a weakness on the OL. That should be no surprise to the guy who calls himself the GM. Jerry can't just blame McCarthy for that problem. We also knew that DT was going to be an issue because we lacked that dominant run stuffing pocket pushing DT. We got a lot more out of the K-Mart specials the GM got for the team than anyone expected.

The fact is this team does have some talent, but not as much as Jerry thinks and that too is the problem. It was Jerry who overpaid Zeke, DLaw, Cooper, Jaylon Smith and Dak Prescott. Changing coaches is not going to fix Jerry's problem.