Twitter: Jerry: "I've got a lot to think about regarding these coaches."

JBS

Reaction score
People really listened to this interview w Jerry and came away thinking he is upset? Lololol. He doesn’t give two licks about that loss. Y’all must be new around here

DandyDon52

Reaction score
He sounds seething on the phone, even five days later. Sounds absolutely furious.

And I love it.

He's also displacing blame I feel. I think he thinks he did his job this season and the coaches screwed the pooch.
He is, Emperor jerry is displeased !! But yet it is he who hired them and put them in a odd arrangement!
Mike has no control over the DC or OC lol. They are independent of him.

The bad thing is jerry needs to make a decision right now or all the good replacements will be gone.
Instead he has to think about it for awhile. :rolleyes:

What is there to think about ? roll some heads jerry, start interviewing now!!!!!!:thumbup:

johneric8

Reaction score
I don't know if your reading comprehension is lacking or what's going on but. you are the one who mentioned Dak. I never said he played well....I never said he didn't have his flaws....so your comment about me making Dak someone he is not is odd because I didn't make him out to be anything. I simply stated this team had issues with penalties and the defense couldn't get off the field. YOU brought up Dak not me. What issues you have with him is irrelevant. The defense sucked and has sucked. Dak sucked on Sunday but let's not pretend like he's sucked in the playoffs before. He has played well enough to win the games he's lost but the defense couldn't get off the field. And the same issues remain with this team and I HOPE this team isn't stupid enough to think they were a Dak playing well away from beating the 9ers because they weren't. I don't care how many points the 9ers scored the Cowboys couldn't stop Deebo or anyone for that matter.
I disagree about the defense, if the offense shows up just a little we win, that was a good defensive effort.. Even good defenses give up runs to strong running teams.. Hell the 49ers back in the 90's got gashed by our running game but won because they scored more points... Problem is, we fixed the defense in the offseason but did nothing with degrading offense... Dak is good enough, but he needs help, and lots of it..

MaineBoy

Reaction score
Im sure he’s pissed but he is just playing it up for the fans so they can feel he is as pissed as they are. He is the master salesman: tell them what they want to hear. MM is not going anywhere because Jerry would have to admit the hire was a mistake. And bringing in the type of coach that can win means Jerry has to give up control. Neither one of those things will ever happen, as we’ve seen the last 26 years.

Zman5

Reaction score
Former cowboys calling out The cowboys.

Irvin
Pearson
Aikman
Jimmy Johnson.

So happy for it. Truly am. It’s about dam time someone embarrassed JJ. Sounds like he’s taking it to heart

Too bad they kept quite when their buddy JG was stinking it up. I didn't hear them saying anything when JG couldn't even get us into the playoffs three years in a row.

Reactions: BAT

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I disagree about the defense, if the offense shows up just a little we win, that was a good defensive effort.. Even good defenses give up runs to strong running teams.. Hell the 49ers back in the 90's got gashed by our running game but won because they scored more points... Problem is, we fixed the defense in the offseason but did nothing with degrading offense... Dak is good enough, but he needs help, and lots of it..

You hold a team to 23 points you should win that game.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
People really listened to this interview w Jerry and came away thinking he is upset? Lololol. He doesn’t give two licks about that loss. Y’all must be new around here

Actions speak louder than words, especially anything that comes out of Jerry's mouth. He just wants to get on his yacht....drink and party, i mean have a business meeting, with his young assistants.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
He will be traded.

you don’t just cut Cooper

He gets paid $20 million next season with a $22 million cap hit, third highest paid WR in the NFL.

Don't expect a big haul for him with that price and inconsistent production. More like hope someone gives you something to take that off your hands.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He will fire someone. Hope he works on the O-Line. If MM is in charge he needs to get with OC if he stays and works with him. Kid needs help. He abandons things that work to try other things but never comes back to what works. He grinds things like WR screens in the ground. He quit using misdirection and only used motion on run plays. Leave a tell for when we run and then only does gut runs. No off tackle or toss. I think he left the 12 personnel after Jarwin was injured.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He gets paid $20 million next season with a $22 million cap hit, third highest paid WR in the NFL.

Don't expect a big haul for him with that price and inconsistent production. More like hope someone gives you something to take that off your hands.
He and Elliot and D-Law get a big check this year. They will stay. Nobody will pay them..

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Change out at "any level", eh? Reminds of his "I'd doing anything" line at TC...but he won't do THAT.

RIP, Meatloaf.

Reactions: BAT

cowboysdoomsday

Reaction score
In fairness to him, he and McClay did imo. This team has a lot of talent. It should have gone further than it did. The coaches did fail (along with the stadium not having sufficient curtains). So, I think Jerry might be right here. Maybe he will understand now that he can just have puppets. He needs strong disciplinarians at the helm like Jimmy.
Jerry has nobody to blame but himself.

He's the one who signed Dak to the most expensive QB deal ever.

He's the one who signed Zeke to the most expensive RB deal ever.

Both look like terrible signings. Jerry got owned in negotiations both times.

You miss on two huge signing like that and it will take awhile to recover

johneric8

Reaction score
You hold a team to 23 points you should win that game.
yes, thats my point.... Looks look at this objectively.. Our defense was historically bad last year. Big Mike and Jerry hire Dan Quinn and
draft Parsons and bring in some guys to fix the defense. If we're being honest with ourselves here, I think we can all admit that we did
virtually nothing to address the offense and it couldn't fight it's way out of a paper bag the last half of the season. Sure Dak wasn't great,
maybe just about average, but no QB does well with our rag tag online.. Dak is the kind of QB that does need a good running game, and help
from the offensive coordinator... We kept our fingers crossed that players would evolve on offense and Zeke would come back thin and 100%.
None of this happened, in fact, our online was laughable, I mean really bad... When playing good teams, they were outmatched and outclassed.

Zman5

Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up people. I doubt there will be any major changes.
I've listened to the interview and it's the same crap he pulled after the third 8-8 season under JG. It's the "I'm mad as hell and some heads will roll" routine he did before.
He did nothing then. Instead, we went 12-4 the next year and Jerry gave JG a 5-year extension.

Mannix

Reaction score
Another fear is that because of all the FA turmoil that is about to take place, Booger and Chuckles won't want to deal with coaching changes on top of that....lets hope not.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is, Emperor jerry is displeased !! But yet it is he who hired them and put them in a odd arrangement!
Mike has no control over the DC or OC lol. They are independent of him.

The bad thing is jerry needs to make a decision right now or all the good replacements will be gone.
Instead he has to think about it for awhile. :rolleyes:

What is there to think about ? roll some heads jerry, start interviewing now!!!!!!:thumbup:
Bet he hasn't talked to anyone!