Twitter: Jerry: "I've got a lot to think about regarding these coaches."

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ShortRound, Jan 21, 2022.

1. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    7,416 Messages
    6,460 Likes Received
    Does the owner review if the GM keeps his job? Once the new GM is named, can he pick his own HC? Asking for a friend Jerry.

2. Big_D

Big_D Well-Known Member

7,360 Messages
    9,793 Likes Received
    We’re truly screwed. No coach can fix the owners stupidity .. its sad!

kskboys and NoFurtherQuestions like this.
  3. noletime95

noletime95 Well-Known Member

2,634 Messages
    1,542 Likes Received
    I would trade anyone on the cowboys for Debo besides parsons

4. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

16,833 Messages
    11,357 Likes Received
    DQ first quarter defense was really bad vs Niners.

He was clearly outcoached by Shanahan.

Fangio and Broncos did same.

5. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

16,833 Messages
    11,357 Likes Received
    LMAO!!!!

plymkr likes this.
  6. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

16,833 Messages
    11,357 Likes Received
    Mike Nolan ring any bells?

Joe Philbin??

Ben McAdoo????

All garbage coaches.

7. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

19,856 Messages
    17,173 Likes Received
    "We’ve used up some very talented players over the last few years.”

Everyone was healthy, we hit big on Parsons, we had a lot of key players in the final year of their rookie contracts, and even hit on our el cheapo free agent signings. There will be less talent on the team next year, and less healthy talent ready to play, come the end of the season.

If these coaches couldn't move forward in the playoffs with this roster, why would Jerry, or anyone, think they could do it in the coming years with an inevitably thinner roster?

This year was our best shot, and we laid an egg. Couldn't even take the game after Bosa went out. Jerry knows he doesn't have forever left. We're entering the Jerry Window just as the talent on the team is receding. I'm sure he's extremely frustrated.

ghst187 likes this.
  8. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Dexternjack

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    22,226 Messages
    27,138 Likes Received
    The SF win might validate Jerry into thinking changes aren’t needed…..:thumbdown:

9. _sturt_

_sturt_ Well-Known Member

2,705 Messages
    2,617 Likes Received
    Yes. But. You said "game day." There's no debate that Jerry's made his own talent acquisition decisions at times, and that he, Stephen and McClay have the lead i that area. You said "game day," and I don't believe there's any evidence that Jerry is making game day decisions.

Not a game day decision. (And to this one, I would add, it's not exactly rare in team sports that GMs reserve the right over their HCs to decide some number of assistants.)

If true (that Jerry overruled McC), that's big.

Not a game day decision.

I have one game day decision out of all that, and one that I'm pretty certain isn't actually supported by anything any of Zeke, McC or Jerry said that pointed toward Jerry overruling McC on that point... but feel welcome to educate me... my ego can handle it if I'm wrong... I even embrace being corrected.

10. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

13,042 Messages
    8,401 Likes Received
    Pretty sure the “bells” Jerry heard when he interviewed MM was due to MM being a dingaling

11. _sturt_

2,705 Messages
    2,617 Likes Received
    That was my first thought--and it's not actually wrong. For sure, if SF goes on to win a Super Bowl, that's going to have to matter to the calculus. Even if they don't, it's going to have to matter. Echoing the immortal words of Denny Green... maybe "they aren't who we thought they were."

12. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

6,491 Messages
    2,587 Likes Received
    He sat Connor Williams for a few games and McGovern was horrible. Biadasz improved. Gregory started to get sloppy. Shultz can't block and gets holding calls. Brown was getting PI's like crazy for a couple of games and that cleaned up.

Those are the guys mainly for the penalties.

You need better, smarter players. 3 out of 5 of those guys have no contract now and 4 out of 5 of them are Garrett Guys.

So there's a solution in itself right there.

What was he going to do Bench Gregory, Shultz and Brown? Who was going to replace them?

So the DB coach, TE's coach, Oline coach, D-line coach are all inadequate in their coaching?

Come on! It's the players. They're mentally weak like the coaching staff that developed them and Jerry drafted these guys.

He's not going to fire Mike McCarthy and if he did to keep Dan Quinn as HC and keep Kellen Moore as OC, he's a fool.

13. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

4,782 Messages
    5,502 Likes Received
    I haven't heard someone say "dingaling" since the 70's :muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:

ghst187 likes this.
  14. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Moderator

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    11,206 Messages
    38,503 Likes Received
    Of course he does. What I think makes him absolutely the angriest is deep down he knows he is the one looking worse than anyone else. But he’s too arrogant to be able to admit HE is the problem. It makes him angry that with every passing year it becomes more and more obvious.

nobody and kskboys like this.
  15. _sturt_

2,705 Messages
    2,617 Likes Received
    What makes him angriest?

I'd say it's that he knows he turns 80 years old this October, and he likely just missed his best chance to win a trophy while he's still alive.

16. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

13,831 Messages
    10,672 Likes Received
    From what I have read, Payton signed a contract extension and it ends in 2026. I don’t know where people are getting the ideal that his contract ends next year.

17. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,938 Messages
    5,499 Likes Received

be honest with me Short----- will it include HC?...only one i am really concerned about other than O Line coach and keeping Quinn

18. GORICO

GORICO Well-Known Member

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,938 Messages
    5,499 Likes Received
    its all on Mc-Cardiac arrest

19. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

13,831 Messages
    10,672 Likes Received
    A big percentage of the roster is Garrett guys which includes Dak, Martin, DLaw, Cooper, Gallup, Tyron Smith, etc. it would take a total rebuild to replace the Garrett guys, which is fine with me.

20. FiveSuperBowls

FiveSuperBowls Well-Known Member

2,435 Messages
    2,065 Likes Received
    Jerry please retire!