Twitter: Jerry: Jason Garrett is the real deal

Cowboy89

Reaction score
The dreaded vote of confidence is correct. What do you expect him to say? He’s putting all the chips on the table for Garrett, but he knows what he has to do at the end of the season if we’re not where we need to be. If he doesn’t pull the trigger, then they’ve lost a fan in me.

I'm with you. If the ivy league ginger isn't fired on Black Monday, I am cancelling Sunday Ticket for next season. No more buying Cowboys clothes for my six kids either.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Ask him this again once we're eliminated from playoff contention. If he says the same thing, ill truly be scared
The national media has turned on Garrett. Every morning I see a debate on either ESPN, FS1, or NFLN about whether Garrett should be fired and it’s unanimously “yes”. Jerry will continuously pump JG and Dak until they are totally out of contention because he thinks that’s how you motivate. But if they rip off a 5-11 like it looks like they will JG will be gone. Dak will play out his contract but his days will be numbered too. You can’t place any stock into anything these guys say.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What he said should not surprise anyone. Jerry Jones' mentality has self-supported keeping himself the general manager for over 29 years. That is not stubbornness. That is not a side-effect of alcoholism. That is not a product of dementia. It is mental though in my opinion.

Brax

Reaction score
The dreaded vote of confidence is correct. What do you expect him to say? He’s putting all the chips on the table for Garrett, but he knows what he has to do at the end of the season if we’re not where we need to be. If he doesn’t pull the trigger, then they’ve lost a fan in me.
even the village idiot would not say something this utterly stupid, my apologies to the village idiots who are offended I put Jerry in with them.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
he all so didn't remember that garrett has a degree from Princeton he said it was from harvard

Sydla

Reaction score
What he said should not surprise anyone. Jerry Jones' mentality has self-supported keeping himself the general manager for over 29 years. That is not stubbornness. That is not a side-effect of alcoholism. That is not a product of dementia. It is mental though in my opinion.

I think he's reached the point where the louder the criticisms get, the more steadfast and stubborn he gets because he is desperate to be able to tell people how smart and forward thinking he was in the face of criticism.

It's going to cost this franchise for years to come as long as he's the main voice in the franchise (it already has cost the franchise).

I say this dead seriously............. I would not be surprised that if this team went 3-13 or 4-12, Jerry still brought Garrett back. It would seem painfully obvious that a disaster season like that would, for any sane fan, owner, GM, whatever - result in the removal of a head coach with the resume Garrett has. It's perfectly logical.

But for Jerry it's almost like a season like that is just another opportunity to tell all of us how dumb we are and how smart he is.