Twitter: Jerry: Jason Garrett is the real deal

Brax

Reaction score
Jerry seems to think he and Jason are a pair that can beat a full house.

Tine to bring in the paper bags like the old Saints fans did.
I said this before only shame will change Jerry's mind if every fan would bags to the home games maybe JJ would get the message.

Brax

Reaction score
Real deal ? If he was fired this last offseason he would currently be at best a positions coach (zero offers for another teams head coach and maybe at best an interview or two for offensive coordinator).

How is a man who would literally at best be a positions coach on majority of teams the real deal ?
anything is possible in Jerry's world

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no_sale.jpg

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Real deal ? If he was fired this last offseason he would currently be at best a positions coach (zero offers for another teams head coach and maybe at best an interview or two for offensive coordinator).

How is a man who would literally at best be a positions coach on majority of teams the real deal ?
He needs to retire.....he's three months older than me and I've been retired for two years..

ghst187

Reaction score
No matter how impressive Garrett is as an individual, and I am sure he is quite impressive. He carries himself very well and is a smart guy. The end result that matters however is on the field and it just ain't happening. I have always liked Garrett and I am sure he would make a great corporate executive, but that does not make him a great football coach!

This!!
Good guy, terrible coach

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He said he would never fire a coach midseason
He then fired wade mid season

He said TO isnt going anywhere
TO was released weeks later

He cant publicly say “dood gotta get to the playoffs or he fired yo”
Not the whole story in both instances.

Jones fired Phillips after the team sustained a five-game losing streak culminating in a 45-7 nationally televised beat down at the hands of the Packers.

Jones kick Owens to the curb after signing Roy Williams the October before the '09 free agency period to a #1 wide receiver/$54 million dollar contract money.

Yes, Jones has said a thousand things (I wish I was exaggerating) since he bought the team but there is a usual causation attributed to his madness. In my opinion, the Phillips analogy may ultimately hold true for Garrett this season if similar events unfold. The same could be said with the Owens analogy IF Son Stephen offers his father a compelling reason to axe Garrett before season's end.

Truthfully, I see neither events according. Perhaps Garrett's singular unquestioned coaching strength is his ability to get the team to play motivated practically each week. That feat, along with the team having enough talent, may be enough to short circuit any similar extended losing streak from happening. Or see the team lay down as it did against Green Bay for Phillips. Plus, Stephen does not give me the impression he is a strong proponent of severing ties with Garrett yet.

Anything can happen though. We will all see.

InTheZone

Reaction score
LOL......

Stephen and Jerry are trying to completely erase any negativity for this season regarding the play and coaching. They don't want the though crossing the mind of the coaches. I guarantee you if we keep losing they'll keep saying positive things about them, but they're gone after the season is over.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think he's reached the point where the louder the criticisms get, the more steadfast and stubborn he gets because he is desperate to be able to tell people how smart and forward thinking he was in the face of criticism.

It's going to cost this franchise for years to come as long as he's the main voice in the franchise (it already has cost the franchise).
I would have probably agreed it was basically stubbornness during the first 10-20 years but I think it is more than just hardheadedness after nearly 30 years.
I say this dead seriously............. I would not be surprised that if this team went 3-13 or 4-12, Jerry still brought Garrett back. It would seem painfully obvious that a disaster season like that would, for any sane fan, owner, GM, whatever - result in the removal of a head coach with the resume Garrett has. It's perfectly logical.

But for Jerry it's almost like a season like that is just another opportunity to tell all of us how dumb we are and how smart he is.
I think Jones would be more motivated by elongated losing streak(s) and/or roster defection for terminating Garrett than overall record.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
If you think he hasn't been demented since at least 2006, you haven't been paying attention.
HAHAH...Actually, I should've said "further" dementia is setting in , if possible. Heck, It started before 06' as well. Looking like at least 99/2000..

TooTall_Jones

Reaction score
erry Jones on @1053thefan: "Jason Garrett is absolutely the real deal. There's no fraud in Jason Garrett. ... Does he have some things he could do better? Of course. But what I think we have here is an asset that will get us to where we want to go, which is a championship."
8:47 AM - Oct 12, 2018
-------------------OMG......please, please, please say this is a JOKE?..a misprint?........we are owned by a certifiable MADMAN with the inmates running the prison...this isn't even funny anymore, it is sheer insanity.....the ENTIRE WORLD wants the red-headed wonder GONE.......we simply have NOTHING to hold on to....