Twitter: Jerry Jones: “We got spoiled around here when we had an outstanding kicker."

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
There were alot of people around here who thought it was stupid to cut Bailey and keep Maher, i was one of them. Bailey had been having some issues since he had hurt his groin but other than that the guy had a track record that was hard to argue with. This year Bailey is 7/8 with a long of 51 yards. Jerry has nobody to blame but himself for the position at kicker he and the team now finds themselves in

CapnB

Reaction score
Hey, everyone says JJ is delusional and see's things with rose-colored glasses. He just told the absolute truth about the kicking game.

conner01

Reaction score
Basically saying they can't trust Maher and need to score TD's over risking a missed FG.

But hey, can't bother to bring in another kicker, may hurt Maher's mental focus.
Cause, Jerry just gave him a ringing endorsement.
What kicker would you want brought in
I don’t see much out there myself

conner01

Reaction score
translation= there isn't anyone out there that inspires any more confidence than current kicker
That’s the problem
If there was one jerry wouldn’t care to spend but there isn’t much to go spend on

ICP

Reaction score
We haven't been spoiled in any way, shape, or form since the early/mid 90s

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Jerry's right, though. Bailey was probably the best kicker in the league for several years. My buddies and I used to marvel at how he was always dead down the middle of the middle and never even came close to sneaking one through like most kickers do fairly often.

Another great talent wasted. One of many.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Maher pushes it right every time.......can't they/he fix that?

It's something common. His approach, holder, timing, takes his eye off the ball?

Edit: jed.is still a druken idiot.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Let me correct that for all of you. Jerry Jones: “We got spoiled around here when we had an outstanding coach ... (Garrett's) coaching so far is giving us when we step up there, we don’t know if it’s going thru for the win or the loss. We really need to make our decisions based upon whether or not we think we can win a game with this carrot top"

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
LOL WTH. If they feel that way about Maher then just cut him. No need to drag his name through the mud.

Exactly, and, as I've said a lot, he can get into the Japanese market by signing Yamasaki who would be great for us.