Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have done their jobs

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Exactly. Now, I'd like for us to extend Cooper. I've seen some wanting Suh. I don't like him and hope there are better options. But, I wouldn't mind a 1 year deal for him with incentives. That's a way to take more pressure off of our defence. Still, excellent off-season this year, and the draft should be fun.
I think they are going to get a DT at #58. Deep draft for that position this year and much cheaper. Even at #90.

CapnB

Reaction score
And I think Cobb will turn out to be another brilliant move. We shouldn't need to pay through the ear for FA to be successful. I like what we've done. I think it'll work out well for us.

yeah Cobbs money was the Bease cash. except i think he was making 6 mil a year... i think

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So, we're not at the draft yet, and let's have a look at what we've gotten done this off-season.

• Needed a FA Safety? Got George Iioka
  • Needed a DT? Got Hyder
  • Lost a slot receiver in Beasley? Got Cobb who can also be used on the outside
  • Need a TE? Persuade Witten to return
  • Need Lee to take a paycut? Done!
  • Need a DE to help with losing Gregory to suspension? Done! Get Quinn!
  • Trouble with DLaw's contract? Not to worry! Problem solved today!
And, again, this is all without the draft. This is what I've been asking for from the FO! This is more like it! Still would like a 1T DT and a full on safety in the draft. However, as far as I'm concerned, Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have done their job. I think we're right now on the fringe on a Super Bowl contender roster. Now it's time for Jason Garrett to do his job. Coach them up, and let's get this assembled team to the Super Bowl. I've never seen us in the NFCC, but I think the time has now come for us to get number 6! For how this off-season has gone and how I think this season will go, as TO said, get your popcorn ready! Do your job, Garrett! Bring one back to Dallas!

Other than not signing ET, I think the FO has actually done a good job this offseason. ET would have made it perfect.

Like you said, the pressure is now on Garrett...........time to step up and win something besides a Wildcard game. No excuses!!!

Win a Divisional round game or clean out your office, this is your "contract year". Players have to preform in their contract years to get an extension and it should be no different than coaches. You want an extension Garrett, then win a dam Divisional round game.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Typical Cowboys offseason including all the whaling and gnashing of teeth from the zone.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Hyder is a DE
Covington is a 1Tech

All in all— some solid work was done. Quinn trade is an A+. Cobb is a savvy signing— B+. Covington and Hyder are nice depth B-.

Iloka is an average S... C-.

Witten and Lee moves are good for leadership and veteran depth.

Resigning Law is an A+.

Yea, I’m not even sure how much if any Hyder and Iloka will contribute. We’re pretty stacked at DE now with Lawrence, Quinn, Crawford, Charlton and Armstrong. Maybe he is the backup 3T, but I’d rather draft someone in rd 2/3/4 to fill that void.

Iloka looks like a Kris Richards box safety, but I would also rather draft someone

Silverstar

Reaction score
So, we're not at the draft yet, and let's have a look at what we've gotten done this off-season.

• Needed a DT? Got Hyder

giphy.gif

Ddisco22

Reaction score

• Needed a DT? Got Hyder
And, again, this is all without the draft. This is what I've been asking for from the FO! This is more like it! Still would like a 1T DT and a full on safety in the draft. However, as far as I'm concerned, Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have done their job. I think we're right now on the fringe on a Super Bowl contender roster. Now it's time for Jason Garrett to do his job. Coach them up, and let's get this assembled team to the Super Bowl. I've never seen us in the NFCC, but I think the time has now come for us to get number 6! For how this off-season has gone and how I think this season will go, as TO said, get your popcorn ready! Do your job, Garrett! Bring one back to Dallas!
I'm proud of the FO for the work they've done, this was a pretty good FA period, the draft will put us over the top..
SB here we come!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Admittedly, the pre-draft signings have not only filled a number of holes, it has also set up the draft nicely to select the BPA. That said, I would not be surprised if the FO took a flyer on first round talent that dropped to the second round due to injury or character issues... Come on down, Jeffrey Simmons!

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Indeed it is. Jason Garrett HAS to be out of excuses now. This is EXACTLY the team we need now if we can add a safety and a 1T in the draft.

Garrett and Dak are out of excuses now. Seriously if they dont win a SB or get within one game of it than both should be fired.

Imo we should be talented enough to not only make the playoffs, but get past any round in the playoffs.

This the most complete I have seen this team in eons.

Pants

Reaction score
the moves, IMO, were done to get them over the top - will it? I certainly hope so....but, having the youngest roster (at least one of the 3 youngest) making the playoffs and getting to round 2, and now add in the DLine additions, a safety, and most important, a healthy Beard to anchor the offense once again, along with a full off season and camp with Cooper....(I am hyperventilating)....

health and is our 30-year old OC any good will determine how far this team can go - they can win despite Garrett

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think they are going to get a DT at #58. Deep draft for that position this year and much cheaper. Even at #90.

That's what I'm hoping for. Still, if Suh is there after the draft and during OTAs, I'd think we would have to at least consider him if we haven't already.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Other than not signing ET, I think the FO has actually done a good job this offseason. ET would have made it perfect.

Like you said, the pressure is now on Garrett...........time to step up and win something besides a Wildcard game. No excuses!!!

Win a Divisional round game or clean out your office, this is your "contract year". Players have to preform in their contract years to get an extension and it should be no different than coaches. You want an extension Garrett, then win a dam Divisional round game.

With this roster? I say get us to the Super Bowl or clean out your office.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I'm proud of the FO for the work they've done, this was a pretty good FA period, the draft will put us over the top..
SB here we come!

Agreed, assuming that Garrett will finally do his job. If not, w e must have a new coach next year with the roster the FO has assembled. I can't wait to see what we do in the draft.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Garrett and Dak are out of excuses now. Seriously if they dont win a SB or get within one game of it than both should be fired.

Imo we should be talented enough to not only make the playoffs, but get past any round in the playoffs.

This the most complete I have seen this team in eons.

I too think that this is a Super Bowl roster.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A B+ offseason so far. Iloka Imo was an unnecessary sign f. He doesn't add anything f to this team. In fact I think he gets cut in training camp final cuts.