Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have done their jobs

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A B+ offseason so far. Iloka Imo was an unnecessary sign f. He doesn't add anything f to this team. In fact I think he gets cut in training camp final cuts.

Could be. Still, glad to see that we're making the necessary moves, and safety will be addressed in the draft.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Duke Johnson would make it a Zion Williamson slam dunk.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
They are proving my signature wrong..for now.

Now, if they draft Gerald fricken Willis or Jaylon Ferguson with the 58th pick, my harsh criticism and everlasting judgment will return.
At 58 you’re not going to get anything more than a rotational player in year 1. That’s not because there aren’t good players but because the FO has done a great job at plugging holes.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
FO's been taking care of business once again. Free agency continues to be their kryptonite, and I'm anxious to see if they've improved on that this year. But as far as cap management, contracts/re-resignings, and cap management, no complaints from me at all. And refusing to trade a second for ET, while anteing up a 1st for Amari Cooper, in hindsight looks absolutely brilliant.

Honestly, I think the coaching staff is the weak link at this point. We've got a young team that finished the season top-quarter in the NFL, so the talent on the roster is there, and again I think the FO is doing great. Garrett, Linehan, and Marinelli are what's holding things back.
Linehans not here

Hardline

Reaction score
This team hasn't won a Super Bowl in 23 years.
I don't give them the benefit of the doubt no matter what off-season moves they make.
Win a damn Super Bowl for God's sake.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Still work to be done. If Dak, Zeke and Amari do not go into this new season with new deals/extensions, no matter how we do in the draft, in mind this off season is a failure. So far no complaints everything seems to be headed in the right direction.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, we're not at the draft yet, and let's have a look at what we've gotten done this off-season.

• Needed a FA Safety? Got George Iioka
  • Needed a DT? Got Hyder
  • Lost a slot receiver in Beasley? Got Cobb who can also be used on the outside
  • Need a TE? Persuade Witten to return
  • Need Lee to take a paycut? Done!
  • Need a DE to help with losing Gregory to suspension? Done! Get Quinn!
  • Trouble with DLaw's contract? Not to worry! Problem solved today!
And, again, this is all without the draft. This is what I've been asking for from the FO! This is more like it! Still would like a 1T DT and a full on safety in the draft. However, as far as I'm concerned, Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have done their job. I think we're right now on the fringe on a Super Bowl contender roster. Now it's time for Jason Garrett to do his job. Coach them up, and let's get this assembled team to the Super Bowl. I've never seen us in the NFCC, but I think the time has now come for us to get number 6! For how this off-season has gone and how I think this season will go, as TO said, get your popcorn ready! Do your job, Garrett! Bring one back to Dallas!
This post gave me hope until I read the last sentence. Lol!!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt they're going for it this season. You can tell by the moves made they think the Cowboys are in striking distance. The one thing that worries me is Dak. Not his play as much as his pay. If we're going to keep him I think they have to pay him now. Just my opinion. If the Cowboys win a SB and he tears it up along the way they'll have to open up Fort Knox to pay him. Don't think he can't do it. I've been very critical of him but the man has talent.

I don't see this as a "one & done" off-season.

They've done what they've done in the past (outside of the Quinn signing) and that's fill holes with less expensive FA's in order to avoid having to draft for specific needs.

That being said it has been a good offseason for the front office.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course you don’t. No surprise there.

I live about an hour and half from Buffalo and about three hours from Cleveland...

And I don't think, but know many fans have some kind of erroneous belief that winning a SB is easy. Ask folks from Buffalo or Cleveland how they would feel winning a SB 23 years ago and if they would treat that as some sort of big negative.

Hell I'd like Dallas to win a SB every year but the fact is it's far more difficult than many fans give credit for.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The FO will have done their job when they construct a SB winning team. Otherwise they’ve just done what every other front office in the NFL has done.

God almighty every team has that goal.

You've got a limited pool of talent... And 31 competitors with the same goal.

Mix in the attribute of "luck" and that attribute does exist and the result is getting some sort of "advantage" over all the other competitors is ridiculously hard and not an exact science.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Indeed it is. Jason Garrett HAS to be out of excuses now. This is EXACTLY the team we need now if we can add a safety and a 1T in the draft.
Well..

Beware of additional suspensions.

This team appears to be loaded with pot smokers and another unsuspected violation could happen anytime.

Also our everpresent hamstring issues have to be watched for by the trainers and medical staff.

Those are two of our constant buga boos every year.

But that is out of control by the Jones.

Yes, they have done well so far.

After the draft I expect us to shuffle the roster more with pickups from other teams cuts as they drop big contract vets.

Because we are so young, adding some experience will be wise.

So it ain't over yet.

Just my feeling.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Hyder is a DE
Covington is a 1Tech

All in all— some solid work was done. Quinn trade is an A+. Cobb is a savvy signing— B+. Covington and Hyder are nice depth B-.

Iloka is an average S... C-.

Witten and Lee moves are good for leadership and veteran depth.

Resigning Law is an A+.

Agree on safety and think this is still a draft need.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Neither safety or DT have yet to be addressed with long term answers - this is going on over a decade.

It's a failure until this is fixed.

And nothing this FO has done is "unusual" - Cobb is a 1 year injury prone players replacing Bease, Ioka is an average to below average safety, DT is JAG and we have our eyes on yet ANOTHER injury riddled DT, and Quinn is a cheap veteran.

Not all of these are bad moves - but these are championship moves if you don't find good to great starters for 3 important positions on defense.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Not signing Earl Thomas was stupid in my book, would have had a Superbowl defense right there

Besides Quinn they just signed a bunch of jags

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
So, we're not at the draft yet, and let's have a look at what we've gotten done this off-season.

• Needed a FA Safety? Got George Iioka
  • Needed a DT? Got Hyder
  • Lost a slot receiver in Beasley? Got Cobb who can also be used on the outside
  • Need a TE? Persuade Witten to return
  • Need Lee to take a paycut? Done!
  • Need a DE to help with losing Gregory to suspension? Done! Get Quinn!
  • Trouble with DLaw's contract? Not to worry! Problem solved today!
And, again, this is all without the draft. This is what I've been asking for from the FO! This is more like it! Still would like a 1T DT and a full on safety in the draft. However, as far as I'm concerned, Jerry Jones and Stephen Jones have done their job. I think we're right now on the fringe on a Super Bowl contender roster. Now it's time for Jason Garrett to do his job. Coach them up, and let's get this assembled team to the Super Bowl. I've never seen us in the NFCC, but I think the time has now come for us to get number 6! For how this off-season has gone and how I think this season will go, as TO said, get your popcorn ready! Do your job, Garrett! Bring one back to Dallas!

Dallas has one need and its S. I dont think Iloka was brought in to be the answer i think he was brought in to be insurance if they struck out in the draft. Cutting him only costs 300k. I can see him being one of the first cuts if they get a S they want in the draft.

im not even going to read every post in this thread but im sure the norms who complain will be complaining in this thread about something, anything.